Industrial Labels Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 23.70 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 30.52 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||5.19 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Industrial Labels Market Analysis
The Industrial Labels Market size is estimated at USD 23.70 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 30.52 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5.19% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Industrial labels enhance the visual and aesthetic properties of products. Industrial labels give manufacturers an edge over competitors offering similar products. The benefits provided by industrial labels have become widely accepted by manufacturers worldwide. A significant factor driving the growth of the industrial label market is that these products can be easily customized in size and shape for different end uses in every industry, with additional features according to specific needs.
- Increasing demand for labels in the logistics and automotive sectors drives the market's growth. Labels assist in identifying information with a simple, quick scan in manufacturing, shipping, logistics, and many other industries. Smart and future-proof labels with RFID and barcode scanning technologies significantly help food, beverage, and pharmaceutical organizations maintain the supply chain and seamless logistics transportation. Orders are received, things are shipped, and suppliers can determine what and where everything is in the process. Just after the warehouse workers pick and scan the orders received, labels simplify scanning and identification. Labeling allows team members to operate faster and more efficiently.
- The food and beverage industry is expected to hold a significant share of the industrial labels market due to trends such as the growth of innovative food packaging, stringent government regulations, and advances in relevant printing. Branding, promotional campaigns, integrated recipes, interactive experiences, and promotional content are critical areas of the food and beverage industry, with label technologies gaining attention. The relatively high degree of brand fragmentation across numerous product categories has made food companies the primary users of digital printing services.
- Moreover, industrial label manufacturing in small-scale businesses is not affordable, as it needs high-cost investment costs and trained professionals able to operate the machine. Further, the demand for all-in-one solutions in one machine like packaging, labeling, and other operations has raised the cost of machines, which can impact the market's growth.
- The COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the industry, resulting in a nationwide lockdown, corporations shifting their sourcing away from China, and reconsidering packaging materials. The unprecedented global spread of the COVID-19 pandemic affected individuals across the globe. It also made headlines for companies specializing in industrial labels that quickly responded to new market demands. Significant growth in end-user demand in specific applications has significantly expanded the scope of the automatic labeling machines market. The pharmaceutical sector anticipated further gaining traction with increased production of pharmaceutical products during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Industrial Labels Market Trends
Warning/Security Labels is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- The Warning and Security labels are predicted to become more popular in the next years due to various causes, such as an increase in the number of similar items, safety concerns, and changes in branding strategies. Also, increased R&D activities and technology innovations are projected to create new market opportunities for Security and warning labels.
- The industry is being driven by the expanding pharmaceutical market in emerging nations and the advancement of drug delivery techniques. The extensive usage of packaging solutions for product diversity and material in the medical and pharmaceutical sectors promotes market expansion. Because of the increasing quantity of counterfeit products, the demand for smart labels is growing in the pharmaceutical industry. According to WHO, every second medicine acquired online is a forgery. Counterfeit medications pose serious health risks to customers. Active substances are routinely left out or replaced by ineffective or even harmful ones, putting the consumer's life at risk. Pharmaceutical firms suffer significant economic and reputational harm due to the trade-in of counterfeit drugs.
- According to a report published by Countercheck GmbH, the Global Counterfeit Market was dominated by five major countries globally in 2022, United States America with the largest share, followed by Mexico, Japan, China, and Germany.
- Furthermore, to counteract the global issue of fraudulent counterfeit drugs, the Food and Drug Administration has implemented the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) to have a complete, automated chain of custody for the industry by 2023. This requires prescription drugs to be traceable at the unit level. This gave rise to UHF and NFC technology-integrated intelligent labels for product-level traceability and drug adherence with patients.
- Recently, the Food Safety Standard Authority of India introduced a compulsion of putting warning labels on the front of food packages are required. At least 32% of the Indian food market is covered by the processing industry that is being impacted by a guideline. The processing of ultra-component food has increased in India in the last decade, and such print label warning is expected to put critically influence the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Witness Significant Growth
- China is automating its label printing industry. Servo motors, automatic registration, inline stamping, die cutting, and other finishing processes are some of the intelligent control systems that are included in recently introduced machines. Label converters have started integrating ERP (enterprise resource planning) and other automatic management systems to improve operations further.
- Japan's rapidly expanding e-commerce sector is a factor in expanding industrial labels. These labels are quickly becoming popular for businesses that print labels on packaging for e-commerce and logistics, often including shipping addresses, barcoded tracking numbers, carrier information, and return labels. In addition, industrial labels play a vital role in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards. Labels display specific symbols, warnings, or certifications required for transporting hazardous materials or sensitive goods. Compliance with labeling regulations ensures the safe handling and transportation of goods, reduces the risk of accidents, and avoids penalties or delays in customs clearance. As the Japanese logistics industry continues to evolve, the importance of industrial labels in shipments and logistics will continue to grow.
- Printing and application labeling equipment has grown significantly in India recently. The quick shifts in packaging patterns across the nation are one of the main drivers of industry expansion. There has been a massive uptake of novel packaging and labeling methods. India's market for industrial labels has a sizable potential because of increasing and recovering market growth. The main driver of the nation's expanding labels market is the increased need for packaging solutions for a variety of goods as well as for high-quality, fast labeling equipment. Also, the government is assisting the market by educating consumers about proper labeling.
- The South Korean label and packaging printing market is intriguing. The market is considered cautious and deliberate because letterpress and gravure are the two most popular traditional print methods. The market in Korea is very different, and there is a lot of intermittent offset and letterpress technology in existence. However, short runs, flexible packaging, and variable data are growing in popularity in Korea, and the types of printed labels are also changing. Labels are getting more detailed while also getting smaller. Consequently, more labels are created because they are smaller, even if the square meter is nearly identical.
- In Australia, the food industry contributes significantly to both jobs and revenue. Even the top FMCG firms worldwide, such as Nestle, Unilever, Mars, and Simplot, have a long history of being well-represented in Australia. A food product's packaging is created in accordance with the requirements and regulations listed in detail. A thorough approach is therefore required to create appealing packaging design and labeling, thus anticipated to fuel the demand for packaging and label vendors across the country.
- In the Asia Pacific region, Industrial labels are primarily driven by increasing awareness of regulatory compliance and tracking shipments in logistic operations. Emerging Technologies for packaging machinery can also be seen as a driving factor for the development of the market. The growing pharmaceutical industry and the increasing demand for convenient packaging are major growth factors for this market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Industrial Labels Industry Overview
The industrial labels market is fragmented, with the presence of key players such as Avery Dennison Corporation, 3M Company, CCL Industries Inc., Brady Corporation, and more. Companies are focused on innovating new solutions to the industry through acquisitions, collaborations, or investments as part of expanding their portfolio.
For instance, in April 2023, CCL Industries announced two intelligent label acquisitions. CCL Industries acquired eAgile Inc. and Alert Systems ApS. EAgile Inc is a patented hardware and software solution for the healthcare industry supplied alongside RFID inlays embedded into labels. Alert Systems provides patented anti-theft solutions sold alongside Checkpoint's Merchandise Availability Solutions (MAS) product lines.
In April 2023, Avery Dennison created AD XeroLinr DT, a new sustainable, lineless option for variable information (VI) labels, which is especially important in today's developing logistics and e-commerce industries as the number of parcels being delivered grows by the day. AD XeroLinr DT provides up to 60% more labels per roll and fewer roll changes, increasing client productivity.
Industrial Labels Market Leaders
Avery Dennison Corporation
CCL Industries Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Industrial Labels Market News
- March 2023: Brady Corporation launched a new RFID label. The Matt White Polypropylene RFID Label is specially designed for use in extreme temperatures and chemical environments, making it the suitable solution for tracing lab samples and equipment. This will help leverage the benefits of streamlined tracking and inventory management in laboratories.
- January 2023: Avery Dennison announced a major investment to expand its manufacturing capacity in the Americas by constructing a new manufacturing facility in Queretaro, Mexico. The investment supports its goal of being the world's largest RFID provider by giving each item a unique digital ID. Technologies developed at the new facility will create a more connected and transparent supply chain, improving efficiency across multiple industries. Avery Dennison expects to invest more than USD 100 million.
Industrial Labels Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.5 Technology Snapshot - Identification Technology
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Food and Beverage is Expected to Register Significant Growth
5.1.2 APAC to Witness Significant Growth
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Cost of Raw Materials
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Raw Material
6.1.1 Metal Labels
6.1.2 Plastic/Polymer Labels
6.2 By Mechanism
6.2.1 Pressure Sensitive Labelling
6.2.2 Shrink Sleeve Labelling
6.2.3 Other Mechanisms (Heat Transfer, Glue-Applied Labelling)
6.3 By Product Type
6.3.1 Warning/Security Labels
6.3.2 Branding Labels
6.3.3 Weatherproof Labels
6.3.4 Equipment Asset Tags
6.3.5 Other Product Types (Tire Labels, Multiple Die-cut Labels)
6.4 By Printing Technology
6.4.1 Analog Printing
6.4.2 Digital Printing
6.5 By End-user Industry
6.5.1 Electronics Industry
6.5.2 Food & Beverage
6.5.5 Other End-user Verticals
6.6 By Geography
6.6.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
6.6.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.6.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
6.6.5 Middle East and Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Avery Dennison Corporation
7.1.2 3M Company
7.1.3 CCL Industries Inc.
7.1.4 Brady Corporation
7.1.5 UPM RAFLATAC
7.1.6 DuPont de Nemours Inc.
7.1.7 Brook + Whittle Ltd
7.1.8 OMNI SYSTEMS
7.1.9 Asean Pack
7.1.10 Computer Imprintable Label Systems Ltd (CISL Ltd)
7.1.12 Orianaa Décorpack Pvt. Ltd
7.1.13 Dura-ID Solutions Limited
7.1.14 GA International Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Industrial Labels Market Research FAQs
How big is the Industrial Labels Market?
The Industrial Labels Market size is expected to reach USD 23.70 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 5.19% to reach USD 30.52 billion by 2028.
What is the current Industrial Labels Market size?
In 2023, the Industrial Labels Market size is expected to reach USD 23.70 billion.
Who are the key players in Industrial Labels Market?
Avery Dennison Corporation, 3M Company, Brady Corporation, CCL Industries Inc. and UPM RAFLATAC are the major companies operating in the Industrial Labels Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Industrial Labels Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Industrial Labels Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Industrial Labels Market.
Industrial Labels Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Industrial Labels market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Industrial Labels analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.