Adult Diaper Market Size
|2018 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Adult Diaper Market Analysis
The global adult diaper market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.92% over the next five years.
- The growing awareness of cleanliness among consumers has positively impacted the market for adult diapers. Because of increased awareness and simple product availability, the industry is also snowballing in developing nations.
- Advancements in technology have resulted in a significant rise in the geriatric population's adoption of disposable adult diapers. These diapers offer an innovative way to effectively manage the problem of incontinence as they are made using a gel-like polymer bead core that increases their absorbency capacity, which in turn provides better comfort and protection to consumers. Thus, increased demand for disposable diapers owing to their enhanced retention and fluid absorption capabilities is projected to boost market growth over the forecast period.
- Factors such as lack of awareness and social stigmas associated with incontinence, particularly in underdeveloped countries, impede the market growth. However, in collaboration with major adult diaper manufacturers, governments are undertaking initiatives to eliminate such social stigmas, which are estimated to provide significant growth opportunities for the market in underdeveloped regions.
- The COVID-19 pandemic increased consumers' awareness of using disposable hygiene products, including adult diapers, as a precautionary measure. This is driven by COVID-19 fears and emergency mandates to reduce and stop the spread of communicable diseases as hospitals are inaccessible and the growing demand for health and wellness products worldwide; this is a key factor that is anticipated to drive the growth of the market studied. Further, COVID-19 has also resulted in a generation of opportunities for many private players to emerge in the markets to cater to the inflated demand.
Adult Diaper Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Adult Diaper Market according to our research experts:
Aging Population Across the World
- The aging population's increasing prevalence of urine incontinence, diarrhea, and dementia is expected to be a key driver of the adult diaper market's expansion. As people get older, they are more likely to require additional health care, which also means they are more likely to experience immobility and incontinence issues, which drives the demand for adult diapers worldwide. The prevalent aged populations across all parts of the world, who need intense care around them, are potential target markets for adult diapers.
- Europe, which has a healthy share of the population over 65 years, has also been one of the major consumer markets for adult diapers. In 2021 according to Eurostat, more than one-fifth (20.8 %) of the European Union (EU) population was aged 65 and over. Aged people with medical conditions that cause them to experience urinary or fecal incontinence often require diapers or similar products because they cannot control their bladders or bowels.
- Some adults in diapers spend most of their time in bed, and diapers are a regular part of their lives. For others, it may be a need specifically when they attend events, travel, or otherwise know they would not regularly have access to a bathroom nearby. There is a wide range of experiences and needs covered by adult diapers for both men and women, so the types of adult diapers vary greatly.
Asia-Pacific Remains the Fastest-growing Market
- The demand for personal hygiene products and disposable diapers is increasing in many emerging markets in Asia due to rising disposable income levels. The aging populations in advanced economies and several other Asian countries will likely boost the demand for adult incontinence care products. Likewise, there has been a rising number of cases of urine incontinence in Asian countries such as China, Japan, and India.
- The adult diapers market is likely to grow in the coming years due to the increasing elderly population and the growing number of pregnancies in this region. In the Asia-Pacific region, according to the Word Bank data. Japan is expected to witness significant demand for adult diapers as more than 30% of the population will be over 65 in the country in 2021. Most new market entrants focus on expanding their business in emerging economies, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Furthermore, these diapers are used more frequently in medical institutions, especially for patients with acute diseases, because they assist in preventing leaks, maintaining body fluid levels, and providing comfort. The usage of these diapers for non-medical purposes, such as by deep-sea divers, pilots on extended flights, and staff at their manufacturing facilities, has increased noticeably. Employees in China commonly use adult diapers at their manufacturing facilities, as China is the global manufacturing hub. Therefore, it is anticipated that there will be a rise in demand for adult diapers in the Asia-Pacific region due to the uses, as mentioned earlier, of adult diapers, both medical and non-medical.
Adult Diaper Industry Overview
The global adult diaper market witnesses high competition due to the presence of a considerable number of regional and global players. Unicharm Corporation, First Quality Enterprises Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Procter & Gamble, and Attends Healthcare Products Inc. are some major players offering adult diapers worldwide. An advanced distribution network gives an upper edge to the manufacturers to expand their range of products across the globe. Moreover, it is crucial for players to continuously innovate to operate and grow in the market due to the rapidly changing consumer demands and preferences. Unicharm Corporation, First Quality Enterprises Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and Attends Healthcare Products Inc. are some major players offering adult diapers worldwide.
Adult Diaper Market Leaders
First Quality Enterprises, Inc.
Attends Healthcare Products, Inc.
Procter & Gamble
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Adult Diaper Market News
- February 2021: Ontex launched a new smart adult diaper. The cutting-edge solution from Ontex comprises a premium diaper with a printed sensor, a transmitter attached to the diaper, and a mobile app. This combination accurately determines the saturation level of the diaper as well as the risk of leakage and alerts caregivers when it is necessary to change the diaper.
- January 2021: First Quality introduced Incognito by Prevail, a line of 3-in-1 feminine pads with multi-fluid technology to protect against bladder leaks, menstrual leaks, and daily discharge. They feature a super absorbent core that locks in more wetness than a standard feminine hygiene pad while neutralizing odors.
- January 2021: Kao Corporation and Kyoto University partnered to start verification testing for a Used Disposable Diaper Carbonization Recycling System in collaboration with Saijo City, Japan, where Kao Sanitary Products Ehime is located. Through field testing, Kao and Kyoto University aim to be contributing toward easing the burden on the environment by reducing CO2 emissions by converting used disposable diapers into carbon material.
Adult Diaper Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By End-User
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Drug Stores/Pharmacies
5.2.4 Online Retail Stores
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 First Quality Enterprises Inc.
6.3.2 Kimberly-Clark Corporation
6.3.3 Attends Healthcare Products Inc.
6.3.4 Procter & Gamble
6.3.5 Unicharm Corporation
6.3.6 Medtronic Inc
6.3.7 Fubao Industrial Co. Ltd
6.3.8 Hartmann USA Inc.
6.3.9 Ontex Group
6.3.10 Domtar Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Adult Diaper Market Research FAQs
What is the current Adult Diaper Market size?
The Adult Diaper Market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.92% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Adult Diaper Market?
First Quality Enterprises, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Attends Healthcare Products, Inc., Procter & Gamble and Unicharm Corporation are the major companies operating in the Adult Diaper Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Adult Diaper Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Adult Diaper Market?
In 2024, the Europe accounts for the largest market share in Adult Diaper Market.
What years does this Adult Diaper Market cover?
The report covers the Adult Diaper Market historical market size for years: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Adult Diaper Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Adult Diapers Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Adult Diapers market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Adult Diapers analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.