Activated Alumina Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 5.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Activated Alumina Market Analysis
During the time frame of the forecast, the activated alumina market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5%.
In 2020, COVID-19 had a detrimental effect on the market.However, the market has now been estimated to have reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- The market is majorly driven by increasing concerns related to water pollution by fluorine and is gaining significance in the pharmaceutical industry.
- On the flip side, the presence of substitutes such as activated carbon and zeolites that exhibit relatively the same performance characteristics is expected to hamper the market's growth.
- Also, the use of activated alumina in industries like textiles and cosmetics is likely to open up new markets in the future.
- The Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the consumption of countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Activated Alumina Industry Segmentation
Activated alumina is a highly porous aluminum hydroxide with a large surface area. It is used in a wide range of applications, such as catalysts, bioceramics, fluoride adsorbents, and others. It can absorb toxic materials from wastewater and aquifers. Application, end-user industry, and geography are the market segments for activated alumina. By application, the market is segmented into catalyst, desiccant, adsorbent, and other applications. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into oil and gas, water treatment, chemicals, healthcare, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Oil and Gas|
|Other End-user Industries|
Activated Alumina Market Trends
Increased Demand from Oil and Gas Industry
- Due to its capacity to serve as an adsorbent, the oil and gas industry drives demand for activated alumina.
- Activated alumina is used in the oil and gas business to remove water from natural gas streams.Natural gas is regarded as the fastest-growing source of domestic energy production. Establishing new refinery projects is anticipated to be the critical driver for segment growth.
- According to BP statistics, China produced nearly 4 million barrels of oil per day in 2021. State-owned enterprises, including China National Offshore Oil Corp., dominate the oil industry in China.
- Also, China National Offshore Oil Corporation's (CNOOC) oil and gas production is expected to rise by more than 6% each year during the 2022–24 period, playing a critical role in China's energy supply security.
- The Indian government has put in place a number of plans to meet the growing need for oil and gas. It has allowed 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) in many segments of the sector, including natural gas, petroleum products, and refineries.
- Overall, according to the International Energy Agency, global oil demand is expected to reach 104.1 mb/d (million barrels per day) by 2026, with China and India accounting for about half of the growth through 2026. thus supporting market growth in the coming years.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for activated alumina is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- It is expected that the refining capacities of the key countries, such as India and China, will grow significantly, which will increase the demand for products.Increasing demand for freshwater supply due to the region's population growth will drive the market.
- Rising expenditure on water treatment infrastructure, combined with the increasing demand for gaseous and liquid drying in the oil and gas industry, will accelerate the activated alumina market in the region.
- As a top priority accorded by the Government of India, the budgetary allocation of the Jal Jeevan Mission increased significantly to USD 6.82 billion in 2021–22.
- Together with the 2030 Water Resources Group, the Council on Energy, Environment, and Water (CEEW) wants to improve how India deals with its wastewater and get more private money to build wastewater treatment plants.
- Also, the growing oil and gas industry in the region is adding to the strong growth of the market over the next few years.
- For example, as per BP Stats, Japan is one of the world's major primary energy consumers. In 2021, the country consumed 151.7 million metric tons of oil, representing a surge of nearly 2% compared to the previous year.
- During the forecast period, the demand for activated alumina will grow because of the above factors and government support.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Activated Alumina Industry Overview
The activated alumina market is consolidated by nature. Some of the major players in the market include BASF SE, Huber Engineered Materials, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Axens, and Honeywell International Inc., among others (in no particular order).
Activated Alumina Market Leaders
Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
Honeywell International Inc.
Huber Engineered Materials
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Activated Alumina Market News
- February 2023: Evonik announced the investment in the expansion of its fumed aluminum oxide production plant in Yokkaichi, Japan. The facility will be the company's first alumina plant in Asia. It will focus on making solutions for lithium-ion battery technology, which is used in electric car batteries.The plant is expected to be operational by 2025.
- October 2022: Axens signed an Asset Sale Agreement (ASA) with Canada-based Rio Tinto Alcan regarding the sale by Rio Tinto Alcan of its activated alumina business in Brockville, Ontario, Canada. The business will bring growth potential for new markets globally.
Activated Alumina Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Concerns Related to Water Pollution by Fluorine
4.1.2 Gaining Significance in Pharmaceutical Industry
4.2.1 Presence of Substitutes
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.4 Other Applications
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Oil and Gas
5.2.2 Water Treatment
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) Analysis **/Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.3 Devson Catalyst
6.4.4 Dynamic Adsorbents, Inc.
6.4.5 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.6 Honeywell International Inc.
6.4.7 Huber Engineered Materials
6.4.8 Jiangsu Jingjing New Material Co. Ltd.
6.4.9 KIN Filter Engineering Co.,Limited.
6.4.11 Sorbead India
6.4.12 Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Scope for Use in Industries Like Textiles and Cosmetics
Activated Alumina Market Research FAQs
What is the current Activated Alumina Market size?
The Activated Alumina Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Activated Alumina Market?
BASF SE, Axens, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Honeywell International Inc. and Huber Engineered Materials are the major companies operating in the Activated Alumina Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Activated Alumina Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Activated Alumina Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Activated Alumina Market.
Activated Alumina Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Activated Alumina market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Activated Alumina analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.