|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The wooden decking market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The impact of COVID-19 on the construction and buildings is adversely affecting the wooden decking market. In 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the construction and infrastructure projects were shut down for a specified period. Due to this, the demand for wooden decking was reduced drastically. Till now, the impact of COVID-19 can be seen, but due to the restart of few construction activities, the demand is coming back on track, which somehow may balance the market for wooden decking in residential and non-residential applications.
- Over the long term, the major factors driving the market studied are an increase in remodeling and refurbishment activities and the demand for lavish infrastructure in developed nations.
- Replacement by composite decking is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing awareness regarding wooden decking in emerging nations is likely to act as an opportunity during the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the highest growth rate in the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
A deck is an elevated surface usually constructed outdoors, elevated from the ground and usually connecting buildings. The wooden decking market is segmented by type, application, and end-user. By type, the market is segmented into pressure-treated wood, redwood, tropical hardwood, cedar, and other types. By application, the market is segmented into the railing, floor, wall, and other applications. By end-user, the market is segmented into residential and non-residential. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the wooden decking market in 12 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
Key Market Trends
Residential Sector to Dominate the Market
- Wooden decking is used in the residential sector, both for new construction and repair and refurbishment in buildings. It is used for a wide variety of purposes, such as cladding and siding, pathways, swimming pool decks, flooring, etc., in residential construction.
- The increasing demand for residential projects worldwide is expected to drive the wooden decking market over the forecast period.
- Globally, there has been a significant undersupply to meet the demand for housing. This presented a major opportunity for investors and developers to embrace the alternative methods of construction and new partnerships in order to bring forward development.
- In China, residential investment grew by about 13.9% during the first eleven months of 2019, reaching Yuan 9,707.1 billion. The area under residential construction during the period was recorded to have reached 6,276.73 million square meters, indicating a 10.1% growth. While the country recorded newly constructed areas of housing to have reached 2,271.54 million square meters during the period of January-November 2019, about 1,674.63 million square meters of housing area was accounted for under newly started residential, indicating an increase of 9.2%.
- Demographics in the country are expected to continue to spur the growth in residential construction. Rising household income levels combined with population migrating from rural to urban areas are expected to continue to drive demand for the residential construction sector in the country.
- In India, in November 2019, the Union Cabinet approved setting up an Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) of INR 25,000 crore (USD 3.58 billion) to revive about 1,600 delayed housing projects across the top cities in the country. Besides, Puravankara Ltd. planned an investment of about INR 850 crore (USD 121.6 million) for the development of three ultra-luxury residential projects in Chennai, Bengaluru, and Mumbai, over the next four years.
- Besides, in the past few years, Vietnam has emerged as an attractive destination for residential tourists and migrants, which has led to increased demand for housing units in the country. This has led to the increased requirement of bigger residential complexes in the country, thus driving residential construction in Vietnam has emerged as an attractive destination for residential tourists and migrants, which has led to the increased demand for housing units in the country. This has led to the increased requirement of bigger residential complexes in the country, thus driving residential construction in the country.
- In Southeast Asia, Indonesia is one of the largest and fastest-growing markets. Moreover, the Indonesian government has started a program to build about one million housing units across Indonesia, for which the government has allocated about USD 1 billion in the budget.
- Similarly, the United Arab Emirates has an exceptionally well-connected residential Plaza under construction in the heart of Dubai’s new growth corridor, Al Furjan. Azizi Developments have been engaged in the development of the plaza, which includes - 16 luxurious penthouses, 46 one-bedroom units, 86 two-bedroom residences, 286 studios.
- The Manchester city council collaborated with other developers to build 500 sites through individual development programs across Greater Manchester and Liverpool to meet the United Kingdom’s housing supply crisis.
- In Canada, various government projects, including the Affordable Housing Initiative (AHI), New Building Canada Plan (NBCP), and Made in Canada, have been supporting the expansion of the sector.
- In South America, Brazil had a volatile economy, which reduced the demand for the residential construction industry. However, MRV, a Brazilian housebuilder, predicted growth in the sector, despite the recession.
- While all such planned investments and projects have been delayed due to the adverse effect of COVID-19. The market is expected to recover with the resumed construction activities, which is anticipated to drive the demand for wooden decking during the forecast timeline.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America is one of the largest economies, with the United States and Canada in the leading positions.
- The United States is the world’s largest and most powerful economy. The US construction industry is expected to increase, driven by the growth in the residential sector.
- Residential construction for single families has witnessed a growth in the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Washington, Utah, Tennessee, Ohio, California, Idaho, and South Carolina. Geographically, the country's southern region is expected to have the highest growth, followed by the West, the Midwest, and the Northeastern regions.
- The United States has one of the world’s largest construction industries, and it recorded annual revenue of USD 1,306 billion in 2019 (a decline of 0.1%, when compared to 2018). The construction industry value has been on a constantly rising path between 2014 and 2018, despite witnessing a slight contraction in 2019. According to the US Census Bureau, the total residential housing units authorized by building permits in March were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,353,000, representing a 5% growth over the March 2019 rate of 1,288,000.
- According to the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), residential house construction jumped by 10% across 2020, with 1 million new homes expected to hit the market by the end of 2021. Even though the US construction sector was declining in 2020, the industry is expected to start recover, thereby increasing the demand in the market during the forecast period. The aging infrastructure is a major concern in the United States. The focus of the US government to update the infrastructure of the old constructions can be a positive sign for the wooden decking market.
- The growing construction industry in the United States is projected to propel the North American wooden decking market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The wooden decking market is partially fragmented in nature. The major companies include Deckorators Inc., United Construction Products Inc. (BISON Innovative Products), DuraLife Decking & Railing Systems, Thermory, and Trex Company Inc., among others.
- In July 2019, Trex Co. and Azek Building products collaborated with Fiberon LLC. This collaboration reduces the inputs for capped composite decking, as redesigning requires less material, and this collaboration reduces costs.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increase in Remodeling and Refurbishment Activities
4.1.2 Demand for Lavish Infrastructure in Developed Nations
4.2.1 Replacement by Composite Decking
4.2.2 Impact of the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Pressure-treated Wood
5.1.3 Tropical Hardwood
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2.4 Other Applications
5.3 End User
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 Rest of the World
126.96.36.199 South America
188.8.131.52 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis** /Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 The AZEK Company LLC
6.4.3 Deckorators Inc.
6.4.4 Deck Solutions LLC
6.4.5 DuraLife Decking & Railing Systems
6.4.7 Humboldt Sawmill Company LLC
6.4.8 Koppers Performance Chemicals
6.4.10 Metsa Wood
6.4.11 Sundek Interio Private Limited
6.4.13 Trex Company Inc.
6.4.14 United Construction Products Inc. (BISON Innovative Products)
6.4.15 Mendocino Forest Products Company LLC
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Awareness About Wooden Decking in Emerging Nations
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Wooden Decking Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Wooden Decking Market?
The Wooden Decking Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Wooden Decking Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Wooden Decking Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Wooden Decking Market?
DuraLife Decking & Railing Systems , Trex Company, Inc , Thermory, United Construction Products, Inc (BISON Innovative Products), Deckorators, Inc are the major companies operating in Wooden Decking Market.