The US sports drink market of USD 852.0 million in 2017 is expected to reach USD 1135.2 million by the end of 2023 at a CAGR of 4.3%.
United States Sports Drink Market Dynamics
Rising demand for sports drink from athletes and millennial generation is driving the market. The marketers are targeting different age groups like teenagers and young adults. This shift of target consumers from athletes to the consumers belonging to different age groups has emanated an increase in the demand for sports drinks. Also, innovation of new flavors with health benefits is a major driving factor of the market.
United States Sports Drink Market Segmentation
Sports drinks are segmented into isotonic, hypotonic & hypertonic which are categorized for higher or lower concentration of electrolytes similar to the human body. The main ingredients used in sports drinks are sugar, electrolytes and vitamins. The major market drawing attention ingredients are the minerals which help in replenishing the lost electrolytes during workout or sports activities.
Key Players in the United States Sports Drink Market
Investment in the positioning of the products and targeting the correct consumers are the focus of key players. Sugar-free or light drinks are another experimental market to attract female consumers. The US market is occupied by major brands in which Gatorade has a 77% share and PowerAde has 20% share. BodyArmor which is marketed as a more natural sports drink has an increasing share during the forecast period.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Volume of the US sports drink market
- Consumer behavior analysis
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.2.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.2.2 Target Market Identification
220.127.116.11 Purchasing Power
18.104.22.168 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
22.214.171.124 Spending Patterns
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Emerging Trend for Health & Wellness
5.1.2 Rising Consumer Demand for Sports Drink
5.1.3 Demand Coming From Millennial Generation & Athletes
5.1.4 Focus on Balanced Eating
5.2.1 High Product Prices
5.2.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.1 Investment in Innovation
5.3.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.3 Engaging New Consumers
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Segment Types
6.1.1 Functional Beverages
6.2 By Packaging
6.2.1 Bottles (Pet)
6.2.3 Glass bottles
6.3 By Sales Channel
6.3.1 Convenience Stores
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures
7.3 New Product Launches
7.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.5 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.3 Monster Beverage Co.
8.4 Arizona Beverage Company
8.5 Living Essentials
8.6 Cloud 9
8.7 Extreme Drinks Co.
8.8 Abbott Nutrition Co.
8.9 AJE Group
8.10 Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
8.11 Britvic PLC
8.12 Champion Nutrition Inc.
8.14 Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
8.15 GlaxoSmithKline Plc