United States Office Furniture Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 15.42 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 20.51 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
United States Office Furniture Market Analysis
The United States Office Furniture Market size is estimated at USD 15.42 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 20.51 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 5.88% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
- The United States office furniture market is expected to witness strong growth in the forecast period owing to factors such as strong economic growth, and improving commercial construction activities in the country. The expanding US economy and the rising urbanization have positively influenced the commercial office furniture market in the US.
- Furthermore, an increase in office improvement activity in the region is increasing as companies are looking towards remodeling workspaces to include modern design features, such as open floor plans and collaborative work areas.
- E-commerce is also becoming an increasingly popular channel for purchasing furniture online in the country. However, brick-and-mortar stores remain the format choice of the majority of US customers for the purchase of furniture products. There is an increased interest in eco-friendly office furniture in the country. To reduce the environmental impact, furniture manufacturers are coming up with products made with recycled materials or more sustainable woods such as acacia, bamboo, or reclaimed wood.
- The post-COVID scenario of the United States office furniture market is witnessing a shift towards more flexible and adaptable workspaces to accommodate remote and hybrid work models. There is also an increased emphasis on health and safety measures, including the integration of antimicrobial materials and touchless technologies in office furniture.
United States Office Furniture Market Trends
Increase in Office Construction Activity
- Office construction in the United States accounts for an estimated 15% of all non-residential construction and 6% of the total construction. Office construction activity is rapidly increasing, especially in areas like Seattle, Texas, and Silicon Valley.
- The growth of private companies, institutions, and startups is positively influencing the demand for commercial office furniture in the United States, as new workspaces need to be outfitted with furniture.
- The country is also witnessing a rise in the number of startups due to increased government funding from the US government for capital expansions and mentoring of entrepreneurs. This, in turn, is driving the demand for office spaces, further fueling the need for office furniture products.
Seating Segment Emerges to be the Dominant Category
- The seating segment is one of the most important categories of office furniture, as employees spend a major portion of their time on office chairs.
- The seating segment is observing several product innovations, and companies are coming up with various product offerings, such as ergonomic chairs and swivel and stacking chairs.
- The expansion of office spaces and the increase in employment activity in the country is expected to further fuel the demand for office seating furniture.
United States Office Furniture Industry Overview
The office furniture market in the US is fragmented and highly competitive. Some of the major players in the market include HNI Corp., Kimball International Inc., Knoll Inc., Steelcase Inc., and Teknion Corp. The players are coming up with product and service extensions such as furniture installations, extended warranty and guarantee, and introduction of innovative, collaborative, and multifunctional products to sustain in this highly competitive market. Although foreign players may be more competitive on price, the local players offer advantages such as shorter lead times and product customizations to retain their position in the market.
United States Office Furniture Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
United States Office Furniture Market News
- January 2023: Steelcase and the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation released their first collection of home office furniture as part of a collaboration announced last year.
- January 2023: Kokuyo Co Ltd and Allsteel partnered to provide support for Kokuyo with office furniture for global clients in the Asia-Pacific region and Allsteel in North America.
United States Office Furniture Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS & DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for Ergonomic Furniture is Driving the Market
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Economic Uncertainty and Rising Raw Material Costs is Restraining the Market
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.4.1 Increasing Focus on Sustainable and Eco-friendly Furniture Options is Creating an Opportunity
4.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Insights on Technological Innovations in the Industry
4.7 Impact of COVID 19 on the market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.1.4 Other Materials
5.2 By Products
5.2.1 Seating (Office Chairs, Guest Chairs, Stools, Sofa, Others)
5.2.2 Storage Units (Bins & Shelves, Cabinets, Others)
5.2.3 Tables (Conference Tables, Occasional Tables, Others)
5.2.4 Other Accessories
5.3 By Distribution Channel
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Competion Overview
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Herman Miller
6.2.2 HNI Corporation
6.2.6 Ashley Furniture Industries
6.2.7 Global Furniture Group
6.2.8 Kimball International
6.2.10 La-Z-Boy Inc.
6.2.15 Bush Business Furniture*
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET FUTURE TRENDS
United States Office Furniture Market Research FAQs
How big is the United States Office Furniture Market?
The United States Office Furniture Market size is expected to reach USD 15.42 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 5.88% to reach USD 20.51 billion by 2029.
What is the current United States Office Furniture Market size?
In 2024, the United States Office Furniture Market size is expected to reach USD 15.42 billion.
Who are the key players in United States Office Furniture Market?
Herman Miller, HNI Corporation, Knoll, SteelCase and Haworth are the major companies operating in the United States Office Furniture Market.
What years does this United States Office Furniture Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the United States Office Furniture Market size was estimated at USD 14.51 billion. The report covers the United States Office Furniture Market historical market size for years: 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the United States Office Furniture Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
United States Office Furniture Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 United States Office Furniture market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. United States Office Furniture analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.