The retail banking industry in the UK has undergone many changes in the decade since the 2008 financial crisis, many of which were made to regain trust and improve customers’ banking experience.
- The UK banking sector is the largest in Europe and the fourth-largest in the world. It includes over 300 banks and 45 building societies.
- There are approximately 9,000 bank branches and 70,000 ATMs available in the United Kingdom. About 2.2 million people work in the financial and related services in the UK.
- The Big Four Banks (HSBC, Barclays, Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group) manage over 75% of UK current accounts and 85% of business accounts. They also hold more than GBP 5 trillion in total assets and employ around 560,000 people.
Scope of the Report
A complete background analysis of the UK retail banking market, which includes an assessment of the parental market, emerging trends by segments and regional markets, significant changes in market dynamics, and market overview are covered in the report.
Key Market Trends
Gross Consumer Lending in the UK, January 2018 - July 2018, by Type
The gross consumer lending from credit cards amounted to approximately GBP 17.4 billion. Other lending which includes overdrafts and other loans or advances increased slightly during the time period, amounting to almost GBP 7.1 billion, as of July 2018.
Year-on-Year Growth Rate (%) of Personal deposits in High Street Banks, United Kingdom, 2010-2017
The annual growth rates of personal deposits in the UK high-street banks, for the time period of 2010 -2017. As of June 2017, it stood at 2.5%.
The report covers the major international players operating in UK retail banking market. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with technological advancement and product innovation, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS AND DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.5 Trends Shaping the UK Retail Banking Market
4.6 Consumer Behaviour and Loyality Analysis
4.7 Government Regulations
4.8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.9 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.10 Fintech Disruption in the UK Retail Banking Market
4.11 The Challenger Landscape in UK Retail Banking
4.12 Strategic Considerations for Digital Transformation of UK Retail Banks
4.13 Social Media Channels for Better Market Penetration
4.14 Recent Developments in the Market
4.15 UK Retail Banking Key Takeaways
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Transactional Accounts
5.1.2 Savings Accounts
5.1.3 Debit Cards
5.1.4 Credit Cards
5.1.6 Other Products
5.2 By Industry
5.3 By Channel
5.3.1 Direct Sales
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 HSBC Bank PLC
6.2 Barclays PLC
6.3 Royal Bank of Scotland
6.4 Lloyds Banking Group
6.5 Standard Chartered PLC
6.6 Santander UK
6.7 Nationwide Building Society
6.9 Co-operative Bank
6.10 Tesco Bank *
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS ON THE UK RETAIL BANKING MARKET
8. FUTURE OF THE UK RETAIL BANKING MARKET