The market for architectural paints & coatings in the UAE is likely to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. One of the major drivers of the market includes increasing construction activities in the country. However, increasing raw material costs and the environmental impact and regulations of the architectural coatings are likely to restrain the market.
- The Dubai Expo 2020 projects are also expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Among the resin types, acrylic resin type is expected to dominate the market.
- Rising demand for eco-friendly products and upcoming mega projects are likely to act as opportunities for the market in the coming years.
Scope of the Report
The UAE architectural paints and coatings market report include:
| Resin Type |
| ||Arcylic |
| ||Alkyd |
| ||Polyurethane |
| ||Epoxy |
| ||Others |
| Technology |
| ||Water-borne |
| ||Solvent-borne |
| Construction Type |
| ||Residential |
| ||Non-Residential |
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Construction Activities in the Country to Drive the Market
- The construction industry of Dubai is one of the major contributors to the UAE architectural paints and coatings market. There are almost 3,200 active projects with an estimated revenue of over USD 245 billion. The construction sector is likely to witness robust growth, in Abu Dhabi. This growth is primarily due to the implementation of grand ventures in the major cities of the United Arab Emirates.
- Dubai is expected to be one of the fastest-growing cities in the entire Middle East & African region, as the country is also preparing to host the Dubai World Expo 2020.
- The domestic residential construction market is dominated by the United Arab Emirates’ two major cities, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The UAE government has announced its decision to bridge the gap between the supply and demand of housing units. The government has also allocated land in Al Quoz and Muhaisnah (Dubai) for the construction of affordable housing units.
- The hospitality sector in the country too is growing, owing to numerous investments done by various private enterprises. For example, in 2019, India's Oyo Hotels & Homes decided to expand its base in the United Arab Emirates by taking its management portfolio to 12,000 rooms in 150 hotels across the country by 2020. Rotana, in 2018, decided to open 13 new hotels across the Middle East & North Africa region, inclusive of the United Arab Emirates.
- Such growth in the construction sector is expected to drive the market for architectural paints and coatings in the United Arab Emirates through the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Acrylic Resin to Dominate the Market
- Acrylic resins are the most widely used polymers in the paint and coatings industry. The two principal forms of acrylic used are thermoplastic and thermoset.
- Thermoplastics acrylic resins are synthetic resins achieved by polymerization of different acrylic monomers. Thermosets are cured at elevated temperatures by reacting them with other polymers.
- Thermoset acrylics are used in product finishes for metal furniture coatings, automotive topcoats, maintenance coatings, appliance, and other original equipment manufacture finishes. They have major performance advantages for gloss, exterior durability, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, solvent resistance, and hardness.
- The application of acrylic coatings leads to high surface hardness. In certain applications, such as walls, decks, and roofing, acrylic coatings provide elastomeric finishes to improve the UV resistance of the surface, if employed with some fluids.
- Application of acrylic coatings is primarily found in the construction industry, for high-end finishing in roofs, decks, bridges, floors, and other applications. Water-based acrylic coatings are high in demand, owing to environmental concerns, as the negative impact of VOCs affecting the air quality in the environment.
- Arkema and Dow Chemical Company are few of major market holder manufacturers of acrylic resins in the United Arab Emirates.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the acrylic resin type is expected to dominate the market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The UAE architectural paints and coatings market is fragmented in nature. National Paints Factories Co. Ltd, Jotun, Caparol Paint LLC, Al Gurg Paints LLC (Oasis Paints) and Gulf Paints are some of the leading companies in the market studied.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Construction Activities in the Country
4.1.2 Dubai Expo 2020 Projects
4.2.1 Environmental Impact and Regulations
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Resin Type
5.3 Construction Type
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AkzoNobel NV
6.4.2 Jazeera Paints
6.4.3 Asian Paints Berger
6.4.4 Caparol Paints LLC
6.4.5 Emver Paints Industry LLC
6.4.6 Gulf Paints & Adhesive Factory
6.4.9 Kansai Paint Co. Ltd.
6.4.10 MAS Paints and Chemical Industries
6.4.11 Al Gurg Paints LLC (Oasis Paints)
6.4.12 National Paints Factories Co. Ltd
6.4.13 The Sherwin-Williams Company
6.4.15 Ritver Paints & Coatings
*List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
** Subject to Availability