Paint in UAE Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 3.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Paint in UAE Market Analysis
The United Arab Emirates paints and coatings market is expected to reach over USD 770 million by the end of this year. It is expected to register a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period.
The Covid pandemic negatively affected the current studied market. However, post covid pandemic, the rising implementation of infrastructural projects revived the country's paints and coatings market.
- The increasing commercial construction activities in the United Arab Emirates are driving the demand for the market studied.
- Conversely, fluctuation in raw material prices is estimated to hamper the market's growth.
- The nanotechnology used in the paints and coatings industry is expected to offer various market growth opportunities during the forecast period.
- In the end-user segment, the architectural sector dominated the market in the country.
Paint in UAE Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the UAE Paints & Coatings Market according to our research experts:
Acrylic Resins to Dominate the Market
- Acrylic resins are polymeric materials containing acrylic monomers in the form of dispersion, solids, and solution. These monomers are usually esters of methacrylic acids, acrylics, and other derivatives.
- The two principal forms of acrylics used are thermoplastic and thermoset. Thermoplastic acrylic resins are synthetic resins achieved by polymerizing different acrylic monomers. Thermoset acrylic resins are cured at elevated temperatures by reacting with other polymers. Thermoplastic acrylic resins are of two types: solution acrylics and acrylic latex coatings. These thermoplastic acrylic resins are used for architectural coatings applications.
- Thermoset acrylic resins are used in product finishes for metal furniture coatings, automotive topcoats, maintenance coatings, appliances, and other original equipment manufacturing finishes. They have significant performance advantages regarding gloss, exterior durability, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, solvent resistance, and hardness.
- Acrylic resins develop properties such as transparency, high color ability, and UV resistance in coating solutions. They are often used in waterborne systems, which results in low VOC emissions. The demand for Waterborne acrylic resins is increasing are environmentally friendly products that can reduce odor and solvents used in paint.
- The application of acrylic coatings is primarily found in the construction industry for high-end finishing in roofs, decks, bridges, floors, and other applications. The UAE Ministry of Infrastructure Development launched 36 projects, including federal road and maintenance projects and developments in security, education, health, and services, at the cost of USD 2.7 billion. The projects include the construction and maintenance of federal roads will be carried out under a budget of USD 920.3 million. The implementation and maintenance of the government buildings will be done at the cost of USD 1.8 billion, while the budget allocated for four road implementation projects is USD 212.3 million.
- Owing to the abovementioned factors, demand for acrylic resin type will likely dominate the market studied over the coming years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Architectural Coatings to Dominate the Market
- Architectural paints and coatings are by far the largest segment in the country's whole paints and coatings industry. Architectural coatings are meant to protect and decorate the surface features. These are used to coat buildings and homes. Most paints and coatings are designated for specific uses, such as roof coatings, wall paints, or deck finishes. Furthermore, each architectural coating provides certain decorative, durable, and protective functions.
- Architectural coatings are used in applications for commercial purposes, such as office buildings, warehouses, retail convenience stores, and shopping malls to residential buildings. Such coatings can be applied on outer and inner surfaces and include sealers or specialty products.
- Paints and coatings are applied on the house's exterior to give them a new look and protect them from blistering summers, freezing winters, soaking rain, and the daily bombardment of UV radiation without fading, peeling away, and cracking.
- In the United Arab Emirates, the construction sector includes a promising outlook in the country of various government initiatives, such as the Ministry of Education Strategic Plan 2017-2021, the National Strategy of Higher Education 2030, the Energy Strategy 2050, the Sheikh Zayed Housing Program, and Dubai Tourism Strategy. These initiatives expect investment in residential and commercial construction projects.
- In 2022, the Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT) in Abu Dhabi approved the construction of Eighteen new projects. These projects will provide 5,037 new housing units in separate areas in the Abu Dhabi emirate, including Saadiyat Island, Yas Island, Al Reem Island, Madinat Zayed, and other regions.
- Hence, owing to the abovementioned factors, the demand for paints and coatings from the architectural segment is expected to witness considerable growth over the forecast period.
Paint in UAE Industry Overview
The United Arab Emirates paints and coatings market is consolidated in nature. Some of the market's major players (not in any particular order) include Akzo Nobel N.V., Jotun, Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd., Sigma Paints, and The Sherwin-Williams Company.
Paint in UAE Market Leaders
Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
The Sherwin-Williams Company
Akzo Noble N.V.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Paint in UAE Market News
- February 2022: PPG agreed to buy Arsonsisi's Powder Coatings Manufacturing Business. PPG will be able to expand its powder coatings offering in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) to include metallic bonding, which is one of the fastest-growing markets for powder coatings used in specialty finishes for the automotive, appliance, and general industrial applications, once the deal is completed.
- May 2021: PPG introduced CORAFLON Platinum Powder Coatings for Architectural Metals. PPG CoraflonPlatinum powder coatings are available globally in various colors and glosses, including micas and metallic finishes, for metal building components and architectural applications for corrosion and weathering resistance.
Paint in UAE Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Commercial Construction Activities in the United Arab Emirates
4.1.2 Increasing demand from United Arab Emirates's Oil and gas industry
4.2.1 Strict Regulations on the Usage of VOC-Free Contents
4.2.2 Fluctuations in the Prices of Raw Materials
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 Resin Type
5.1.6 Other Resin Types
5.2.1 Water-borne coatings
5.2.2 Solvent-borne coatings
5.2.3 Powder coatings
5.2.4 Other Technologies
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.4 Protective Coatings
5.3.5 General Industrial
5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akzo Nobel N.V.
6.4.2 Berger Paints Emirates Limited
6.4.4 DAW SE
6.4.6 Kansai paint Co. Ltd
6.4.7 NATIONAL PAINTS FACTORIES CO. LTD.
6.4.8 Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
6.4.9 PPG Industries, Inc
6.4.10 Ritver Paints & Coatings
6.4.11 Sigma Paints
6.4.12 Terraco Holdings Ltd.
6.4.13 The Sherwin-Williams Company
6.4.14 Thermilate Middle East.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 The Rising Demand for Powder Coatings in Various End-user Industries
7.2 Use of Nanotechnology in the Paints and Coatings Industry
Paint in UAE Market Research FAQs
What is the current United Arab Emirates (UAE) Paints and Coatings Market size?
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Paints and Coatings Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in United Arab Emirates (UAE) Paints and Coatings Market?
Jotun, Sigma Paints, Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd., The Sherwin-Williams Company and Akzo Noble N.V. are the major companies operating in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Paints and Coatings Market.
Paint in UAE Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Paint in UAE market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Paint in UAE analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.