|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The technical ceramics market size is projected to register a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. However, the market has now been estimated to have reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- Over the short term, the market is driven by factors such as increasing demand from the medical industry. The growth in end-user applications in the automotive industries on account of the rising demand for electric vehicles is expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period.
- High capital costs and properties such as brittleness and lack of technical ceramics are likely to hinder the market growth.
- Technical ceramics are used to coat the wind turbine components to protect them against intense conditions of heat, dust, moisture, and UV radiation, which can cause high corrosion. The rising demand for clean energy generation is likely to drive the market.
- Increased demand for industrial applications (metallurgy and industrial machinery) is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
Scope of the Report
Technical ceramics are also termed engineering ceramics with enhanced mechanical and thermal properties, which make them suitable for various industrial applications. The market is segmented on the basis of material, product, end-user industry, and geography. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into automotive, electrical and electronics, energy and power, medical, defense and aerospace, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the technical ceramics market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Ceramic Matrix Composites|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Energy and Power|
|Defense and Aerospace|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Medical Industry
- Technical ceramics are used in a wide range of medical devices, such as lithotripters and ultrasonic cleaners, and in dental ceramics in the field of dentistry.
- Another major application of technical ceramics is in bioceramics, where it is used in artificial organ implants, especially hip joints.
- The replacement of chemotherapy with radioactive glass microspheres for liver cancer patients, ceramic-based orthodontic braces, biocompatible coatings, and advanced drug delivery systems for cardiovascular stents and other implantable medical devices and composite layers for gene therapy are a few other developing applications of technical ceramics.
- The number is anticipated to be higher in Europe (nearly 20%) and Japan (approximately 30%). Among the factors contributing to increased life expectancy are enhanced living conditions, improved sanitation, better prevention of communicable diseases, and increasing access to medicine and better sanitation products.
- Europe comprises only one-eighth of the total world population but has around one-quarter of the global total of cancer cases, with some 3.7 million new patients per year.
- Although more than 40% of cancer deaths can be prevented, cancer accounts for 20% of deaths in the European Region.
- The rising prevalence of chronic diseases and the rapidly aging population worldwide are projected to increase the demand for medical implants, which will drive the demand for technical ceramics from the medical industry during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- China has the world's largest electronics production base. Electronic products, such as smartphones, TVs, wires, cables, portable computing devices, gaming systems, and other personal electronic devices, recorded the highest growth in the electronics segment. The country serves not only domestic demand for electronics but also exports electronic output to other countries.
- In 2020, the revenue of consumer electronics in China amounted to over USD 150 billion, an increase of more than 20 billion since the previous year, and is expected to generate a revenue of USD 175 billion by 2025.
- Chinese solar panel manufacturers are formulating output-boosting innovations to ensure continued survival in the market. For instance, JinkoSolar Holding is currently developing solar modules with a back sheet that can generate power from light being reflected off the ground.
- The world's biggest solar products maker and solar power generator brought 54.88 GW of new solar power into operation in 2021, taking the total installed capacity to 306 GW despite a supply disruption of raw materials. China is also expected to add 75 to 90 gigawatts (GW) of solar power in 2022.
- The medical device market in China is considered one of the fastest-growing sectors and was estimated to be around USD 95 billion by the start of 2021.
- Based on the aforementioned aspects, China is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The technical ceramics market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market (in no particular order) include 3M, Morgan Advanced Materials, CoorsTek Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, and NGK SPARK PLUG CO. LTD.
- In February 2021, CoorsTek Inc. announced the construction of a new production facility in Rayong, Thailand. The first phase of this production facility includes the construction of a 400,000 sq. ft manufacturing facility, and it is expected to be completed in 2022.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing End-user Applications in the Electronics and Automotive Industries
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Medical Industry
4.1.3 Eco-friendly and Reliable for Use
4.2.1 High Capital Cost
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Patent Analysis
4.6 Price Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Revenue)
5.1.1 Monolithic Ceramics
5.1.2 Ceramic Matrix Composites
5.1.3 Ceramic Coatings
5.1.4 Other Products
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Electrical and Electronics
5.2.3 Energy and Power
5.2.5 Defense and Aerospace
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Bakony Ipari Kermia Kft.
6.4.3 CeramTec GmbH
6.4.4 CoorsTek Inc.
6.4.5 Dyson Technical Ceramics
6.4.6 Ortech Advanced Ceramics
6.4.7 KYOCERA Corporation
6.4.8 Mantec Technical Ceramics Ltd
6.4.9 McDanel Advanced Ceramic Technologies
6.4.10 Morgan Advanced Materials
6.4.11 NGK SPARK PLUG CO. LTD
6.4.12 Rauschert GmbH
6.4.14 STC Superior Technical Ceramics
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Demand for Industrial Applications (Metallurgy and Industrial Machinery)
7.2 Increasing Usage in Nano Technology
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Technical Ceramics Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Technical Ceramics Market?
The Technical Ceramics Market is growing at a CAGR of >7% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Technical Ceramics Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Technical Ceramics Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Technical Ceramics Market?
3M, Morgan Advanced Materials, CoorsTek Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, NGK SPARK PLUG CO.,LTD. are the major companies operating in Technical Ceramics Market.