|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The market for steel rebar is expected to grow at a CAGR of greater than 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, nationwide lockdown around the globe, disruption in manufacturing activities and supply chains, production halts, and labor unavailability have negatively impacted the steel rebar market. However, the conditions started recovering in 2021, which is likely to restore the market's growth trajectory during the forecast period.
- The worldwide demand for steel rebar from the non-residential sector for the construction of commercial, infrastructural, religious, hotels, recreational, and educational buildings is driving the market for Steel Rebar.
- The availability of cheap substitutes of steel rebar is likely to hinder the market in the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region is forecasted to be the fastest-growing steel rebar market owing to the increasing investments in constructing new projects for infrastructural expansion across various countries in the region.
Scope of the Report
The Steel Rebar Market is segmented by type, end-user industries, and geography. By type the market is segmented into deformed and mild. By end-user industry the market is segmented into residential and non-residential. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the Acetone Market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from the Non-Residential Sector
- With increasing urbanization, steel rebars are experiencing extensive utilization from the non-residential segment, like the oil & gas industry, infrastructure, commercial construction, corporate buildings, etc.
- According to U.S. Census Bureau, the total construction output in the United States is estimated to be USD 1,639.86 billion in December 2021. The non-residential sector accounts for USD 820.73 billion, registering a growth of 3.9% compared to the same period the previous year.
- As per a White House briefing, in the United States, 1 in 5 miles of highways, major roads, and 45,000 bridges are in poor condition. The legislation will reauthorize surface transportation programs for five years, invest USD 110 billion in additional funding to repair our roads and bridges, and support major, transformational projects.
- In the Union budget 2022-23, the Indian Government has allocated INR 1.34 lakh crore for the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), registering an increase of 133% compared to last year, thus augmenting the market studied.
- One of the major projects includes constructing a new Indonesian capital on the Borneo Island named Nusantara to replace Jakarta, 40% of which is estimated to be submerged by 2050. The construction of new capital from the ground up is estimated to cost USD 32.4 billion.
- All the above-mentioned factors are expected to propel the demand for steel rebar during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be the largest steel rebar consumer due to the infrastructure development in emerging countries and upcoming projects in the region.
- By the end of 2020, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to lead the construction spending accounting for almost 46% of the share globally, with counties like China, India, and Indonesia making a significant contribution to the industry.
- China is in experiencing massive growth in its construction sector. According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, in 2021, the construction output in China was valued at approximately CNY 29.31 trillion.
- In the Indian Union Budget 2022-23, capital expenditure on infrastructure has increased sharply by 35.4%, from INR 5.54 lakh crore to INR 7.50 lakh crore in 2022-23, which includes a total of 2,000 km of rail network, 60,000 houses under PM Aawas Yojna, among others.
- Indonesia plans to develop a USD 1 billion worth 900 MW hydropower project in Kayan River in the North Kalimantan (Kaltara) province. The project stands at the EPC stage, with a startup date planned for 2022. The project is expected to be commissioned after the completion of the construction in 2025.
- The Japanese construction industry is expected to be booming as the country will host the World Expo in 2025 in Osaka, Japan. Furthermore, the Yaesu redevelopment project and a 61-story, 390 m tall office tower are due for completion in 2023 and 2027, respectively.
- Thus, rising demand from various countries is expected to drive the market studied in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Steel Rebar market is partially fragmented. Some of the players (not in any particular order) operating in the business include ArcelorMittal, Gerdau S/A, Nucor, Mechel, and SAIL, among others.
- In February 2022, Nucor Corporation announced that it completed its acquisition of a majority ownership position in California Steel Industries, Inc. (CSI), resulting in CSI becoming a joint venture company owned 51% by Nucor and 49% by JFE Steel. CSI is a flat-rolled steel converter that can produce more than two million tons of finished steel and steel products annually.
- In December 2021, Nucor Corporation announced that the company had approved the construction of a rebar micro mill with spooling capabilities located in the South Atlantic region. The budgeted CAPEX for the new micro mill is USD 350 million. It will have an annual capacity of 430,000 tons.
- In November 2021, Mechel PAO reported supplying approximately 22,000 tonnes of rails and other steel rolls for the construction of Moscow Metro’s Bolshaya Koltsevaya Line (Large Circle Line).
- In April 2021, Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant (part of Mechel Group) launched a new line producing thermo-strengthened rebar at the plant’s mill. Investment in the project totaled 100 million rubles. The line’s production capacity is 200,000 tonnes of rebar a year.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rapidly Growing Construction Industry in Asia-Pacific Region
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Availability of Substitutes for Steel Rebar
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 End-user Industry
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Celsa Steel (UK) Ltd.
6.4.3 Contractors Materials Company
6.4.4 Daido Steel Co., Ltd.
6.4.5 Essar Steel
6.4.6 Gerdau S/A
6.4.7 HYUNDAI STEEL
6.4.8 JFE Steel Corporation
6.4.9 Jiangsu Shagang Group Co., Ltd.
6.4.10 KOBE STEEL, LTD.
6.4.12 NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION
6.4.15 Sohar Steel Group
6.4.16 Tata Steel
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Demand Due to Rising Infrastructural Activities in Developing Countries
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Steel Rebar Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Steel Rebar Market?
The Steel Rebar Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Steel Rebar Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Steel Rebar Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Steel Rebar Market?
ArcelorMittal, Gerdau S/A, Nucor, Mechel, SAIL are the major companies operating in Steel Rebar Market.