The Spain OTC drugs market was valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is projected to reach a value of USD XX million by 2022, registering a CAGR of XX%, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs are sold directly to the consumer without any prescription from a healthcare professional, unlike, prescription drugs, which can only be sold to consumers with a valid prescription. In many countries, these drugs are selected by a government regulatory agency, to ensure that the ingredients are safe and effective when used without a physician's advice.
Drivers for the Spain OTC Drugs Market Include:
- Product Innovation
- Increasing distribution channels for OTC drugs
- Pharmaceutical companies switching to OTC from Rx drugs
- Ease in advertising restrictions for these OTC drugs
Restraints for the Spain OTC Drugs Market Include:
- Incorrect self-diagnosis
- Concerns regarding probability of substance abuse of OTC drugs
The Spain OTC drugs market has been segmented on the basis of product type, which is sub-segmented into digestive products, vitamins, minerals and supplements, analgesics, cough and cold, and others.
The report provides a detailed overview of every segment of OTC drugs market, with in-depth analysis and company profiles of market major players, along with competitive landscape existing in the market.
Key players in the Spain OTC Drugs Market Include:
- Novartis International AG
- Sanofi S.A
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Reckitt Benckiser group Plc
- Takeda pharmaceutical company Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Market analysis, with region specific assessments and competition analysis
- Market definition, along with the identification of key drivers, restraints opportunities, and challenges.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with company profiles of key players, with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Spain OTC drugs market
- Market insights in the regions that have the highest potential for growth and identify the markets that are still untapped
1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
1.2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. KEY INFERENCES
4. MARKET OVERVIEW AND INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
4.2 PORTER'S FIVE FORCE ANALYSIS
4.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
4.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
4.2.3 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
4.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS & SERVICES
4.2.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY WITHIN THE INDUSTRY
5. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
5.1.1 PRODUCT INNOVATION
5.1.2 INCREASING DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
5.1.3 INCLINATION OF PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES TO SWITCH FROM RX TO OTC DRUGS
5.1.4 EASING OF ADVERTISING RESTRICTIONS
5.2.1 INCORRECT SELF DIAGNOSIS
5.2.2 PROBABILITY OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE
6. OTC DRUGS BUSINESS MODELS
7. SPAIN OTC DRUGS MARKET - SEGMENTATION
7.1 BY PRODUCT
7.1.1 DIGESTIVE PRODUCTS
7.1.2 VITAMINS, MINERALS AND SUPPLEMENTS
7.1.4 COUGH AND COLD
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1 NOVARTIS INTERNATIONAL AG
9.3 SANOFI S.A.
9.4 PFIZER, INC.
9.5 GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC
9.6 RECKITT BENCKISER GROUP PLC
9.7 TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LTD.
9.8 JOHNSON & JOHNSON
10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET