Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) market is expected to register a CAGR of 17.5 % over the forecast period (2022 - 2027). An innovative type of advertising known as "digital OOH" uses digital media to promote products outside the home. Digital signage, commonly referred to as DOOH, has mostly supplanted conventional types of marketing and advertising. This method enables advertisers and neighborhood businesses to interact with their clients and audiences in real-time to get the most out of the marketing messages displayed on DOOH. Advertisers can connect with their target markets in natural settings. Everything from digital billboards to screens in elevators and jukeboxes is included in the DOOH industry.
- Increased use of the internet, fast digitalization, and a greater emphasis on targeted marketing are some of the major reasons supporting market growth in the region. This may also be attributed to rising store space combined with the increased outside time individuals spend. The market is also driven by the growing usage of point of sale (POS) campaigns by companies or marketers to advertise limited or special edition discounted products and foster impulse purchases. In addition, vehicle or transit advertising is rapidly gaining popularity as a mobile marketing strategy with printed graphics to take advantage of high traffic areas and build brand awareness.
- According to International Telecommunication Union, As of June 2021, Singapore had an internet penetration rate of 87.7 %, followed by Malaysia with 89 %, and Brunei had the highest rate with 104.5 % in Southeast Asia. Timor-Leste, in contrast, only had a 38.3 % internet penetration rate.
- According to the Advertising Association of Thailand, In 2021, advertising expenditure on Digital is 9.11%, followed by outdoor advertising medium with 6.61% and transit expenditure of 4.03%. Additionally, digital out-of-home advertising allows users to reach potential customers by fusing traditional media strategies with contemporary ones. Further, it is projected that the growing need for digital signage solutions across the automotive, retail, telecom, and healthcare sectors would present sizable potential prospects for developing the digital out-of-home market.
- Since the spring of 2020, the digital signage sector has had to make some tough choices and develop its ability to adapt to survive. When many consumers were staying at home, the digital out-of-home (DOOH) industry, in particular, was compelled to change and develop new strategies for reaching consumers. In 2021, the digital signage industry made a strong comeback. As more people ventured out into the world after months of seclusion, industry participants noticed that they were more inclined to see DOOH, especially if the promotions were unique and eye-catching. IP cameras and sensors can be integrated with digital signage to ensure that the current social distancing rules are followed.
- The DOOH business is experimenting with several technologies to increase audience measurement and engagement. These innovations frequently gather various information about users, depending on the system. Some technologies can identify individual consumers, track them as they move from location to location, and keep precise details on their preferences and actions. Among these, one of the technology is Facial Recognition. While not yet configured to identify individuals, some systems can calculate a passerby's age, gender, and race and determine how long an individual watches the display. The advertisement on the screen can then change to match the consumer's profile. Other systems note only gender; still, others merely count the number of faces on the screen (gaze-tracking).
Scope of the Report
Advertising that is shown dynamically and digitally in indoor and outdoor public spaces is known as digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising. In other words, it involves combining traditional out-of-home advertising with digital components. The trend of digital OOH now dominates the traditional offline out-of-home advertising. The South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) Market is segmented by Application ( Billboard, Transit, Street furniture, Malls).
Key Market Trends
Growing deployment of Billboards is one of the factors that drive the market.
- Billboards are large advertising structures utilized for branding and advertising events and products. Due to its size and impact, Billboard advertising is considered one of the most popular outdoor advertising types. There are generally deployed in high-traffic areas such as highways and expressways, wherein advertisers spend vast investments to grab consumers' attention.
- Some companies take full advantage of billboard advertising as ordinary people spend significantly of their day outside their homes and are exposed to advertisements while driving a vehicle. The billboards' design is majorly dependent on factors such as the location of the signs, advertising budgets, and the type of products that are supposed to be promoted.
- Bulletins are the most effective forms of standard billboards. They are considered the most visible form of billboards used in public places, with significant automobile traffic or pedestrian movement.
- There are various sizes of billboards, such as six-sheet billboards, 16 sheet billboards, 32 sheet billboards, 48 sheet billboards, and 96 sheet billboards. With compact dimensions of 1800mm x 1200mm, six-sheet billboards are usually seen at railway stations, bus stops, and shopping centers and are significantly effective at connecting brands to a young and professional audience. 16-sheet billboards are used in highly urbanized areas generally elevated above the ground near roadsides. The size and cost of these billboards make them suitable for targeting consumers in busy areas and optimizing conversion rates, with busy shoppers and commuters representing the key and most accessible segments.
- 32-sheet billboards share similarities with 16-sheet advertisements, measuring an estimated 3048 mm tall. Companies use 32-sheet billboards to direct passing customers to a nearby storefront while leveraging the additional width to enlarge image dimensions, enhance clarity, or include secondary messaging.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Singapore will observe a significant growth
- To meet the various demand of the customers, the firms in the region are developing new products or services so that they can capture the market share. For instance, in December 2021, Angels Media, a residential DOOH screen network in Singapore, partnered with LMX, the Moving Walls Group's worldwide supply-side division, to offer automated and audience-data-driven advertising across all their sites. With the help of the partnership, Angels Media will have access to LMX's end-to-end OOH management suite, which includes features like dynamic content management, audience measurement, inventory management, and the capacity to run programmatic campaigns through specialized and omnichannel Demand Side Platforms (DSPs).
- Furthermore, in December 2021, Mcdonald's Singapore partnered with Stellar Ace to expand its customer base by advertising on OOH. Singapore's biggest digital media firm was Stellar Ace or SMRT media. His responsibility is to offer billboard advertising space. In this instance, Near and Stellar Ace are working together to enhance the digital infrastructure used for outdoor advertising. The fact that this collaboration exists creates a clever piece of work for promotion.
- One of the top market trends in the region is the rise of automation and programmatic platforms since they drive growth in OOH wallet share by reducing campaign purchasing friction. They replace the inefficient buying procedure of RFPs, human negotiation, and manual orders. In the future, artificial intelligence-based algorithms are expected to enable "smart advertisements," which can adapt and improve according to the preferences of target audiences over time. Also, digital screens will track purchase behavior and leverage sensor technology to detect passersby demographic features and track facial expressions and use these sources as inputs for artificially intelligent advertisements.
- Due to the increasing adoption of 5G, real-time advertisement placements may be made possible even in remote areas. It would also improve the ability to monetize last-minute inventory with dynamic connectivity.
- However, the market still favors partnership strategies to deliver advanced DOOH solutions. For example, Intel and Ingram Micro assembled a turnkey digital signage solution. Powered by Intel technology, the Ingram Micro Digital Signage Promo Bundle is an affordable, fully supported set of products and services that can provide resellers more efficiently join the digital signage market that is expanding in retail and into other verticals.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) market is moderately consolidated, with the presence of a few major companies. The companies continuously invest in strategic partnerships and product developments to gain more market share. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- January 2022 - The independent programmatic DOOH ad tech business, Hivestack, recently announced the beginning of full operations in Malaysia. The Hivestack platform is now accessible to brands, agencies, and omnichannel demand-side platforms (DSPs) in Malaysia for the first time, via Private Marketplace (PMP) and Open Exchange transactions to plan, activate, and measure programmatic DOOH campaigns. Through the Hivestack Supply Side Platform (SSP), Hivestack has also partnered with some of the biggest and most influential OOH/DOOH media owners, including BIG Tree, Seni Jaya, Spectrum, Laguna, Lantern Media, Sky Blue, Power Screen, WOW Media, Era Jaya, and AOS Media, as part of its expansion into Malaysia.
- August 2021 - Hivestack, a programmatic DOOH advertising technology provider, and GroupM Singapore have announced a partnership. Clients of GroupM agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence, and m/SIX will be able to programmatically activate digital OOH inventory in Singapore thanks to the agreement with their outcome media expert, Xaxis. With the help of GroupM and Hivestack's demand-side platform (DSP), brands can develop measurable, highly-targeted campaigns that engage specific audiences and produce profitable results. Leading publishers in Singapore with whom GroupM has access include Clear Channel, Asiaray, VIOOH, and Focus Media.
- June 2022 - For its inventory of 50 digital screens at Singapore Changi Airport Group, JCDecaux Singapore has started programmatic trading. Via VIOOH, a worldwide digital OOH supply-side platform connected to leverage global demand-side platforms, the offering will connect advertisers and media buyers to advertising inventory at Changi Airport. JCDecaux claimed that with this most recent launch, its programmatic DOOH offering would have 120 million monthly impressions across 191 digital screens islandwide, at bus shelters in prime Orchard and central business district areas, major residential heartlands, malls like ION Orchard, Raffles City, and Jewel, and now at Singapore Changi Airport.
- March 2022 - The AI-driven vehicle count feature and nearly real-time impressions have both been released by Clear Channel Singapore. The AI-driven vehicle count on programmable DOOH will be able to detect vehicles at a distance of at least 100 meters in the near real-time impressions. This function can recognize and distinguish various vehicles, including automobiles, vans, buses, and lorries.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Ongoing shift towards Digital advertising aided by increased spending on smart city projects
4.2.2 High-demand from Commercial segment
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Operational challenges related to measurement of advertising effectiveness, cost and market fragmentation
4.4 Key global cues expected to find their way into the SEA DOOH Market
4.5 Industry Attractiveness Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.6 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the DOOH Market (key themes identified in the coverage include impact on the Advertising spend| Switching from Traditional Medium to Digital Medium due to higher engagement on major channels| Regional & country-specific factors expected to have an influence on the growth trajectory, etc.)
5. SOUTH EAST ASIA DOOH MARKET LANDSCAPE
5.1 Malaysia DOOH Market
5.1.1 Malaysia OOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.1.2 Malaysia DOOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.1.3 Malaysia DOOH Segmentation by Application (Estimates and Forecasts in USD million, 2020-2027)
126.96.36.199 Street Furniture
188.8.131.52 Other Applications
5.2 Singapore DOOH Market Landscape
5.2.1 Singapore OOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.2.2 Singapore DOOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.2.3 Singapore DOOH Segmentation by Application (Estimates and Forecasts in USD million, 2020-2027)
184.108.40.206 Street Furniture
220.127.116.11 Other Applications
5.3 Thailand DOOH Market Landscape
5.3.1 Thailand OOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.3.2 Thailand DOOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.3.3 Thailand DOOH Segmentation by Application (Estimates and Forecasts in USD million, 2020-2027)
18.104.22.168 Street Furniture
22.214.171.124 Other Applications
5.4 Indonesia DOOH Market Landscape
5.4.1 Indonesia OOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.4.2 Indonesia DOOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.4.3 Indonesia DOOH Segmentation by Application (Estimates and Forecasts in USD million, 2020-2027)
126.96.36.199 Street Furniture
188.8.131.52 Other Applications
5.5 Philippines DOOH Market Landscape
5.5.1 Philippines OOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.5.2 PhilippinesDOOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.5.3 Philippines DOOH Segmentation by Application (Estimates and Forecasts in USD million, 2020-2027)
184.108.40.206 Street Furniture
220.127.116.11 Other Applications
5.6 Vietnam DOOH Market Landscape
5.6.1 Vietnam OOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.6.2 Vietnam DOOH Market Estimates in USD million, 2020-2027
5.6.3 Vietnam DOOH Segmentation by Application (Estimates and Forecasts in USD million, 2020-2027)
18.104.22.168 Street Furniture
22.214.171.124 Other Applications
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 JCDecaux Singapore Pte Ltd
6.1.2 Clear Channel Singapore Pte Ltd
6.1.3 OOH Media(Mediacorp Pte Ltd)
6.1.4 XCO Media (SMRT Experience Pte Ltd)
6.1.5 Moove Media Pte Ltd
6.1.6 SPHMBO (Singapore Press Holding Ltd)
6.1.7 Cornerstone Financial Holding Ltd.
6.1.8 Golden Village
6.1.9 Mediatech Services Pte Ltd
6.1.10 ActMedia Singapore Pte Ltd
6.1.11 Spectrum Outdoor Sdn Bhd
6.1.12 TAC Media Sdb Bhd
6.1.13 Moving Walls
6.1.14 Pi Interactive (Brandlah)
7. FUTURE OOH MARKET OUTLOOK
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) Market ?
The South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) Market is growing at a CAGR of 17.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) Market ?
JCDecaux Singapore Pte Ltd, Clear Channel Singapore Pte Ltd, OOH Media(Mediacorp Pte Ltd), XCO Media (SMRT Experience Pte Ltd), Moove Media Pte Ltd are the major companies operating in South East Asia Digital Out-of-Home (DooH) Market .