Ski Gear & Equipment Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||South America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Ski Gear & Equipment Market Analysis
The global ski gear and equipment market is expectedd to register a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
- The snowy season is extremely important to the ski industry. The demand for ski equipment is predicted to increase due to expanding ski infrastructure, increased helmet usage, and expanding attempts to increase skiing participation. It is observed that people's awareness regarding the use of ski equipment, such as helmets, etc., is growing gradually due to increasing safety concerns.
- Therefore, increasing awareness among people is expected to boost the studied market during the forecast period. Increasing participation rates in outdoor activities like skiing and other snow sports, increasing government initiatives to encourage participation in skiing, and growth in the number of ski resorts are some of the major factors driving the sales of ski gear & equipment globally.
- Manufacturers of ski gear & equipment are more focused on developing and launching new and innovative products to fulfill consumers' changing needs and demands using advanced technology. In recent years, the number of women participating in various sports has increased globally, including snow sports such as skiing.
- Therefore vendors are introducing ski gear & equipment specifically for women. While during the forecast period, the market expansion is anticipated to be constrained by a lack of global regulations about ski gear and equipment applications. Regarding the use and applications of ski equipment, each nation has its regulations.
- Key players need help to comply with such national laws, discouraging investment in the Ski Gear & Equipment sector and restraining market expansion. Compared to fold towels and box towels, ski gear and equipment are more affordable, less labor-intensive, and environmentally friendly, likely stimulating market expansion.
Ski Gear & Equipment Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Ski Gear & Equipment Market according to our research experts:
Growing Number of Resorts Drives the Ski-Gear & Equipments Market
- The ski industry mainly depends on the snow season, where participation appears to have leveled off or is maintaining slight growth in traditional territories, such as the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, and the United States. Citizens of countries such as Russia and China also have an increasing interest.
- The market in the United Kingdom, according to holiday firm SkiWeekends, is worth close to 3 billion pounds, where more than two-thirds of those who ski are aged between 43 to 65 years. Popular destinations in Europe, such as Chamonix, St Moritz, Val Thorens, and Kitzbuhel, among others, have been catering to the winter sports market in the region.
- Overall, the region boasts around 3,647 ski resorts, with affordable resorts becoming more prominent over the last year. The size of resorts has also changed since consumers' preferences for covering more distance and area in a day have witnessed a massive demand.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America and Europe Remains a Prominent Region in the Market
- In the local winter sports market, skiing is the most eagerly anticipated sport, followed by snowboarding. The European region is expected to experience significant growth. Numerous sporting events have been held in nations including France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, and Germany, some of Europe's most popular ski destinations.
- They have created the necessary infrastructure to encourage more people to engage in physical activity, which has increased demand for winter sports throughout the European region. Alpine touring is anticipated to be the main factor driving the European region's winter sports equipment market.
- European tourist hotspots, including Chamonix, St. Moritz, Val Thorens, and Kitzbuhel, among others, have been helping to promote winter sports in the area. Additionally, several regulatory bodies and sports groups, including the German Skiing Association, actively assist the competitors by sponsoring top-notch gear and apparel to improve their performance throughout various contests. Thus, it is anticipated that throughout the projection period, the market will rise due to the region's widespread adoption of winter sports and good government backing.
- In October 2021, according to the Cross Country Ski Areas Association Survey conducted with respondents including United Stated and Canada Skiers stated that 98% of respondents opted for cross-country skiing in 2021-2022, and 41% had already purchased passes. Among these, the majority of skiers (61%) ski alone, followed by 44% ski with their spouses, 41% with friends, 20% with children, and 16% with their dogs. It was found that most skiers participated during their weekdays rather than weekends.
- Also, it is expected that their participation is going to increase further. The survey also stated that around 34% of people opt to buy ski equipment. Additionally, skiing is considered one of the most significant sports in Germany, as skiing alone constitutes 13% of the total consumer spending.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Ski Gear & Equipment Industry Overview
The global ski gear & equipment market is highly consolidated and comprises many big and mid-sized competitors. There is intense competition between the key vendors, leading to the introduction of many innovative ski gears & equipment in the market. Major Key Players are Anta International Limited (Amer Sports Oyj), Kohlberg & Company LLC, Groupe Rossignol, and Tecnica Group S.p.A, among others. The leading players in the market entered into mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships with a focus on expanding their presence in the global market. Potential players partner with retailers, branded sports distributors, manufacturers, and ski event organizers to achieve deeper market penetration.
Ski Gear & Equipment Market Leaders
Amer Sports Oyj
Fischer Sports GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Ski Gear & Equipment Market News
- May 2022: A deal between Amer Sports and Liesheng, in which Amer Sports divests Suunto to Liesheng, was finalized. With a strong emphasis on direct-to-consumer channels and an expanded presence in developed markets like China and the United States, Amer Sports claims to concentrate on establishing globally renowned sporting goods brands within the lifestyle, apparel, and footwear segments.
- November 2021: Fischer Sports announced another year of winning Alpine product lineups in ski and boot categories for both resort and backcountry categories. Notable wins include SKI Magazine Best in Test for the women's all-mountain category with the Ranger 94 FR WS and the women's deep powder snow category with the Ranger 115 FR. Other official selections include the Ranger 102 FR, the Fischer RC One 86 GT, and the Ranger 99 Ti.
- March 2021: NuORDER, the premiere wholesale B2B e-commerce platform, announces its partnership with Black Diamond Equipment, the global innovator in climbing, skiing, mountain sports equipment, and apparel. Beginning with the FW21 buying season, Black Diamond will conduct all its wholesale practices through the digital buying platform.
Ski Gear & Equipment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Market Definition and Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Skis and Poles
5.1.2 Ski Boots
5.1.3 Ski Protective Gear and Accessories
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Offline Retail Stores
5.2.2 Online Retail Stores
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Anta International Limited (Amer Sports Oyj)
6.3.2 Fischer Beteiligungsverwaltungs GmbH
6.3.3 Skis Rossignol SA
6.3.4 Coalition Snow
6.3.5 Alpina DOO
6.3.6 Kohlberg & Company LLC
6.3.7 Clarus Corporation
6.3.8 Vista Outdoor Inc.
6.3.11 Amer Sports Oyj
6.3.12 Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Ski Gear & Equipment Market Research FAQs
What is the current Ski Gear and Equipment Market size?
The Ski Gear and Equipment Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Ski Gear and Equipment Market?
Amer Sports Oyj, Fischer Sports GmbH, Groupe Rossignol, Coalition Snow and Alpina DOO are the major companies operating in the Ski Gear and Equipment Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Ski Gear and Equipment Market?
South America is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2027).
Which region has the biggest share in Ski Gear and Equipment Market?
In 2023, the Europe accounts for the largest market share in the Ski Gear and Equipment Market.
Ski Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Ski Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Ski Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.