Serverless Computing Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Serverless Computing Market Analysis
Serverless Computing Market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of over 23.17% during the forecast period. Advancements in computing technology enable organizations to incorporate a serverless environment, thereby augmenting the market. The benefits of Serverless Computing, such as unconditional development and deployment, and built-in scalability, among others, are playing an essential role in supporting the rapid adoption of Serverless Computing, thereby fueling the market's growth.
- With the adoption of serverless architecture, organizations can effectively eliminate expensive and time-consuming approaches such as purchasing new hardware components, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting, thereby shifting the responsibility of managing servers, databases, and application logic, which reduces set-up and maintenance costs.
- With the rapid technological shift in the business environment, companies are releasing new products and features, thereby focusing on reduced time-to-market to meet the exponentially growing consumer expectations. The increasing prominence of such trends is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- In the competitive marketplace, startups are anticipated to scale rapidly and deliver enhanced product and service features, thereby improving their business values. Hence, to achieve minimum lead time and positively impact their business, they are anticipated to adopt serverless technology, propelling the market's growth.
- The rising security concerns have been limiting the adoption of serverless computing technology. According to a recent survey by SaltStack, a Utah-based provider of intelligent IT automation software, even though two-thirds of organizations have more than 10% of their applications containerized, 40% of the organizations still need to be concerned that their container strategy needs to invest in security adequately. Another 34% reported that their approach needs more detail.
- COVID-19 has impacted the adoption of new technologies. This is because many organizations cannot deal with new technology due to the other tasks that have taken precedence due to COVID-19. However, it is also anticipated to be likely a temporary slowdown.
Serverless Computing Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Serverless Computing Market according to our research experts:
Professional Services are Expected to Grow at a Significant Rate
- The digital era has dramatically accelerated the change and evolution of new products, services, and business models. Enterprises face pressure to release new features and products that meet customers' growing expectations. Serverless architecture offers significant advantages to SMEs in terms of flexibility and reduces overall infrastructure costs.
- Significant innovations in the enterprise IT space have enabled business agility and improved resiliency, thereby driving cost-effectiveness. In such scenarios, serverless computing has emerged as a vital element for deploying cloud services and applications across the everchanging business environment.
- Further, hybrid and multi-cloud use in professional service computing has increased in recent years. For example, when a company wants to free up local resources for more sensitive data or applications, using a hybrid cloud enables it to do so without spending a ton of money on handling a temporary surge in demand.
- Moreover, the growth of microservices and serverless computing is fundamentally changing DevOps by blurring the line between development and operations. Organizations are envisioned to scale rapidly in delivering enhanced features through their products and services offering, thereby improving their business values.
- Further, businesses are moving toward cloud services, adding to the existing competition. However, security remains a significant concern among adopters and cloud service providers, who continuously work with cybersecurity vendors to reduce any risk of cyber-attacks.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- North America is anticipated to capture the largest market share regarding revenue, owing to rapid advancement in technologies and the presence of various prominent players across the industries such as retail, BFSI, manufacturing, healthcare, and IT & Telecom, boasting of a large user base across the region.
- Due to high digitalization and high adoption of new cloud computing services by enterprises to remain competitive in the dynamic market and deliver new features and products quickly, they are constantly innovating and adopting new technologies, thereby fueling the market's demand across the region.
- Further, a startup called Lightbend Inc. is trying to get around the limitations of the serverless computing model that often prevent its adoption for more complex, data-hungry applications. In June last year, the company announced a new, open-source developer platform called Akka Serverless, which it said would set a new standard for cloud-native application development.
- As developers assume more responsibility for managing their applications, many are starting to embrace platforms that automate IT infrastructure management on their behalf without intervention from an IT operations team. In June last year, Render, a provider of cloud services that automates DevOps processes, announced it is adding the ability to automatically scale compute and memory resources up and down in real-time as developers require. Such factors would cater to the market growth adoptions.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Serverless Computing Industry Overview
The serverless computing market is moderately competitive and consists of several significant players. In terms of market share, some of the players are currently dominating the market. However, with the advancement in the cloud platform across professional services, new players are increasing their market presence, thereby expanding their business footprint across emerging economies.
- November 2022 - To make it simpler to develop nimble, scalable Java apps using AWS Lambda, the serverless, event-driven computing service in the Amazon cloud, AWS has released AWS Lambda SnapStart for Java.
- November 2022 - Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce behemoth looking to restart development after a historical slump, announced that it would invest $1 billion over the next three fiscal years to serve its cloud computing customers.
Serverless Computing Market Leaders
Amazon Web Services Inc.
Alibaba Group Holding Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Serverless Computing Market News
- September 2022 - Launch of Log Analytics powered by Big Query by Google Cloud Logging. Users of the feature can perform analytics on logs using the power of BQ within Cloud Logging. To begin using Log Analytics, you can change your current Log Buckets. Also, to consume data, simple data pipeline designs are optional.
- November 2022 - ModelScope, an open-source Model-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform from Alibaba Cloud, was introduced with big pre-trained models and hundreds of AI models for researchers and developers worldwide. To further assist clients in achieving business innovation through cloud technologies, the cloud provider provided various serverless database products and enhanced its integrated data analytics and intelligent computing platform.
Serverless Computing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the industry
4.4 Technology Snapshot
4.4.1 API Gateway
4.4.2 Function as a Service (FaaS)
4.4.3 Database as a Service (DbaaS)
4.4.4 Backend as a Service (BaaS)
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growth in Enhanced Scalability, Decreased in Time-To-Market Along with Reduced Operational Cost
5.1.2 Proliferation of the Microservices Architecture Across Organization's Business Model
5.1.3 Increase in demand of Professional services globally to drive the market
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Loss of Control on Security in Case of Attack
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Service
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Hybrid Cloud
6.3 By End-user Industyr
6.3.1 IT & Telecommunication
6.3.6 Other End-user Industries
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Amazon Web Services Inc.
7.1.2 Microsoft Corp.
7.1.3 Google LLC
7.1.4 Alibaba Group Holding Limited
7.1.5 SAP SE
7.1.6 IBM Corp.
7.1.8 Oracle Corp.
7.1.10 VMware Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Serverless Computing Market Research FAQs
What is the current Serverless Computing Market size?
The Serverless Computing Market is projected to register a CAGR of 23.17% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Serverless Computing Market?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Microsoft Corp., Google LLC, Alibaba Group Holding Limited and IBM Corp. are the major companies operating in the Serverless Computing Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Serverless Computing Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2027).
Which region has the biggest share in Serverless Computing Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Serverless Computing Market.
Serverless Computing Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Serverless Computing market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Serverless Computing analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.