|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Semiconductor Industry Landscape was valued at USD 439.8 billion in 2020, and it is projected to be worth USD 679.6 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of approximately 7.6% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The outbreak of the COVID-19 across the globe has significantly disrupted the supply chain and production of the studied market in the initial phase of 2020. For circuit and chipmakers, the impact was more severe. Due to labor shortages, many of the package and testing plants in the Asia-Pacific region reduced or even suspended operations. This also created a bottleneck for end-product companies that depend on semiconductors.
- The semiconductor industry is witnessing a rapid growth rate, with semiconductors emerging as the basic building blocks of all modern technology. The advancements and innovations in this field are resulting in a direct impact on all downstream technologies.
- The semiconductor industry is estimated to continue its robust growth during the forecast period to accommodate the increasing demand for semiconductor materials in emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), autonomous driving, Internet of Things, and 5G, coupled with competition among key players and consistent spending on R&D.
- The National Cable and Telecommunications Association estimated that the number of connected devices in 2020 was around 50.1 billion in comparison to about 34.8 billion in 2018. Every IoT or IIoTdevice contains sophisticated microchip designs that permit devices to achieve remote connectivity. Moreover, as the IoT is poised to grow significantly, it is expected to impact the growth of the semiconductor industry as well.
- By 2025, the semiconductor industry is set to experience significant benefits from the ongoing development and innovation in connectivity, communications, the automotive industry, and data centers. The increase in the consumption of electronic components used in the navigation of automobiles, safety, and infotainment further contributes to the growth of the semiconductor sector.
Scope of the Report
Semiconductors are essential technology enablers that power many of the cutting-edge digital devices. The global semiconductor industry is set to continue its robust growth well into the next decade due to advancement in emerging technologies such as autonomous driving, artificial intelligence (AI), 5G and Internet of Things (IoT), coupled with consistent spending on R&D and competition among the prominent players.
The study includes key vendor profiles, which consist of companies that are offering semiconductor-based products in line with the study scope. Vendor profiles discuss the company strategies, products, and SWOT analysis in line with the semiconductor industry.
|European Union (EU)|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics Sector is Expected to Gain Significant Traction
- The electronics market has a constant demand for higher power dissipation, faster speeds, and higher pin counts, along with smaller footprints. The miniaturization and integration of semiconductors have given rise to smaller, lighter, and more portable devices, such as tablets, smartphones, and the emerging IoT devices. Each new iteration of consumer electronics products is smarter, lighter, and more energy-efficient than its predecessors. This creates huge expectations among customers for the next iteration, which is a major selling point for the producers of consumer electronics sector.
- The semiconductor technology is consistently scaling down to smaller sizes and geometries, where a single chip is able to house more and more devices, thereby implying more functionalities per chip, due to which a number of previously-used chips are now being merged into a single chip, by providing highly-integrated solutions.
- Recent advancements in silicon wafer materials have allowed the process of Wafer Level Packaging (WLP), where an IC is packaged, resulting in a component that is practically the same size as that of the die, increasing the usage of semiconductor ICs across the consumer electronics components.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific Expected to Witness the Highest Growth
- The growth of the semiconductor industry landscape in the region correlates with the end-user growth across the region, being one of the significant markets for smartphones, and is witnessing rising investments in renewable, automotive (EVs specifically), among various others.
- With the rise in electronic equipment production across the region, the largest country market across the Asia Pacific region is China. According to the World Semiconductor Trade Statistics (WSTS) and SIA Estimates, China is the single largest country of APAC region, thereby accounting for 56% of the Asia Pacific market and is capturing 34% of the total global market.
- The consumption of semiconductor components is rapidly increasing in China, Japan, South Korea as compared to other countries, owing to the continuing transfer of diverse electronic equipment to China. Also, China is home to three of the top five largest consumer electronics sector in the world, posing tremendous opportunities for semiconductor adoption across the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Semiconductor Industry Landscape is highly competitive and consists of several players. In terms of market share, some of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with the advancement in the chip manufacturing process for providing enhanced applications, new players are increasing their market presence thereby expanding their business footprint across the emerging economies.
- September 2020 - Crucial, Micron’s global consumer brand of computer memory and storage, launched its limited edition Crucial Ballistix MAX 5100 gaming DRAM. These select Crucial Ballistix MAX 5100 modules are designed for extreme overclocking and engineered for compatibility only with the very latest AMD and Intel platforms. Customers looking to extract the best performance from their PCs can upgrade with other Crucial products like the Crucial P5 NVMe SSD and the Crucial X8 Portable SSD to supercharge their computers.
- November 2020 - NXP Semiconductors NV announced a strategic relationship with Amazon Web Services that focuses on extending the opportunities of connected vehicles. The collaboration involve making a new NXP chip designed to aggregate data from a car's systems and send it over the internet to work better with Amazon's data centers. The company see the opportunity to help (automakers) make impactful improvements throughout vehicle life cycles with new vehicle data insights and the ability to make continuous improvements using machine learning and over-the-air updates.
- October 2020 - Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation launched TW070J120B, which is a 1200V silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFET for industrial applications that includes a large capacity power supply. It is fabricated with Toshiba’s second-generation chip design, which improves the reliability of SiC MOSFET. Compared with ‘GT40QR21’, Toshiba’s 1200V silicon insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT), it cuts turn-off switching loss by about 80% and switching time (fall time) by about 70%, while delivering low on-voltage characteristics with a drain current of 20A or less.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Rapid Advancement in AI Along with Innovation & Extended R&D
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 Complex Fabrication Process Owing to Decreasing Chip Size
4.6 Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on the Industry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Component Type
5.2.4 Data Processing
5.2.5 Consumer Electronics
5.3.1 United States
5.3.3 South Korea
5.3.6 European Union (EU)
5.3.7 Rest of the World
6. FOUNDRY/WAFER MARKET OVERVIEW
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Intel Corporation
7.1.2 Nvidia Corporation
7.1.3 Kyocera Corporation
7.1.4 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
7.1.5 STMicroelectronics NV
7.1.6 Micron Technology Inc.
7.1.7 Xilinx Inc.
7.1.8 XNP Semiconductors NV
7.1.9 Toshiba Corporation
7.1.10 Texas Instruments Inc.
7.1.11 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
7.1.12 SK Hynix Inc.
7.1.13 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
7.1.14 Fujitsu Semiconductor Ltd
7.1.15 ROHM CO. LTD
7.1.16 Infineon Technologies AG
7.1.17 Renesas Electronics Corporation
7.1.18 Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc
7.1.19 Broadcom Inc.
7.1.20 ON Semiconductor Corporation
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Semiconductor Industry Landscape market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Semiconductor Industry Landscape?
The Semiconductor Industry Landscape is growing at a CAGR of 7.6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Semiconductor Industry Landscape?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Semiconductor Industry Landscape?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Semiconductor Industry Landscape?
KYOCERA Corporation, Intel Corporation, Qualcomm Technologies Inc., NVIDIA CORPORATION , ST Microelectronics N.V are the major companies operating in Semiconductor Industry Landscape.