Scalable Software Defined Networking Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Scalable Software Defined Networking Market Analysis
The Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 30.75% over the forecast period (2022-2027). Scalable Software-defined networking (SDN) is the organization of network services by lower-level functionality abstraction. It is a significant shift in network architecture, which paves the way for unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) applications.
- The increase in the number of mobile devices and server visualization and the advent of cloud computing technologies are forcing enterprises to reexamine their conventional network architectures. Most of the traditional network architectures are hierarchical and built on tiers of Ethernet switches.
- Moreover, Scalable Software-defined networking is increasingly gaining popularity among enterprises due to their network's sizeable geographical reach. Further, the increasing number of satellite offices demands management and securing of WAN and branch networks due to the ever-growing bandwidth requirements, network complexity, increasing use of cloud resources, and growing security challenges. Thus, enterprise organizations are increasingly deploying SD-WAN solutions to address application performance, network complexities, and security changes.
- In March 2021, Megaport Limited announced the launch of Megaport Virtual Edge (MVE), an on-demand vendor-neutral Network Function Virtualization (NFV) service that enables branch-to-cloud connectivity on Megaport's global Software Defined Network (SDN). With MVE, companies can host network functions such as virtual routers, SD-WAN controllers, and future networking technologies directly on Megaport's global platform to extend their network functions closer to the edge, in real-time, and without the need to deploy the hardware.
- Also, since the outbreak of COVID-19, the demand for cloud-based solutions has seen significant growth owing to remote working models being adopted by enterprises; however, various industries such as retail, manufacturing, BFSI, and others have seen a significant slump in their revenues during 2020. With the growing remote working model, companies are increasing investments in cloud-based analytics and assurance, edge computing, and AI-powered networking technologies, which are expected to boost the studied market.
- Moreover, SD-WAN 2.0 functionality allows the enterprise to transcend connectivity scalability to securely program the consumption of virtualized services across the entire network spanning traditional branches, private data centers, and the leading public clouds, all from a single IT governance platform. For instance, Ensemble SmartWAN from ADVA Optical Networking Inc. is an open virtualized networking platform for using and managing virtual SD-WAN and different NFV services at scale. It permits CSPs and businesses alike to deploy SD-WAN in an automated and virtualized fashion, where CSPs have an open, vendor-neutral platform to assist them in evolving their virtualized service offerings.
Scalable Software Defined Networking Industry Segmentation
SDN revolutionizes the traditional way of networking. It physically divides the data plane and control plane by the forwarding plane of Ethernet switches (data plane) from the logical link that controls the flow of packets (control plane). The approach aims to eliminate the physical infrastructure limitations of the network. It offers a cost-effective, application-centric networking approach and enables network functions to be virtualized with the implementation of NFV. SDN also results in reduced operational costs, thereby reducing latency and resulting in efficient network traffic management.
The Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market is segmented by End User ( Cloud Service Providers, Enterprises, Telecommunications Service Providers), by Industry Vertical ( Academia and Research, BFSI, Consumer Goods and Retail, Government and Defense , Manufacturing), and Geography.
|By End User|
|Cloud Service Providers|
|Telecommunications Service Providers|
|By Industry Vertical|
|Academia and Research|
|Consumer Goods and Retail|
|Government and Defense|
|Telecom and IT|
|Other Industry Verticals|
|Middle East & Africa|
Scalable Software Defined Networking Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Scalable Software Defined Networking Market according to our research experts:
BFSI Sector is Benefitting from the Studied Market
- The BFSI sector relies heavily on the networking infrastructure to carry out its day-to-day work. In addition, the BFSI sector is one of the most fast-paced and rapidly evolving verticals that rely heavily on software-defined network connectivity for handling some of their most critical and sensitive tasks. Bank networks must rapidly scale to accommodate new secure links between banks and ATMs, regardless of location, and provide infrastructure for interbank networking. According to Europen Commercial Bank, As of July 2022, there was a total of 5,171banks operating in the European Union 27.
- Moreover, any outages in the network cause a severe impact on the BFSI sector, affecting customers. In March 2021, India’s private Bank, HDFC Bank, suffered network outages in its net banking and mobile banking platform. The lender is under the scrutiny of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for repeated digital outages, for which the regulator had barred HDFC Bank from the issuance of new credit cards as well as digital business activities.
- Also, security plays the most crucial role in the networking infrastructure of the BFSI sector, as it involves a related financial transaction. Hence, these institutions often prefer a secure and reliable network infrastructure that drives the studied market.
- In April 2021, Telangana State Co-Operative Apex Bank (TSCAB) announced to implement of a Software-Defined Branch (SD-Branch) solution that will enable seamless core banking applications to access along with centralized branch management, monitoring, and troubleshooting of gateways and network switches across its 413 branch offices and data centers. The entire solution is monitored, managed, and orchestrated by using Aruba Central, a cloud-native service designed to unify the management of campus, branch, remote, and data center networks.
- Also, in March 2021, the Government Savings Bank (GSB) announced using the Huawei SD-WAN solution to improve its infrastructure, facilitate clients’ business needs, and compete with other commercial banks. In addition, Huawei SD-WAN will help GSB infrastructure to reduce its operation costs accelerate service rollouts, and ensure agile WAN interconnections.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Account for a Major Share
- Substantial growth in the connected and mobile devices is spiking the growth in demand for enhanced network services. Since the United States always remained at the forefront of technology adoption, the region witnessed the maximum adoption of connected devices. For instance, according to CTA, in 2016, connected device shipments amounted to 621 million units in the United States and reached 791 million shipments in 2021. Storing and managing this huge flow of data through the connected device without operating costs spiraling out of control will be a substantial challenge. This is where cloud-native technologies come to the rescue.
- Only with end-to-end cloud-native core network can an operator take full advantage of agility, scalability, resiliency, and economies of cloud. The quickest way the operator can apply all these capabilities to support the IoT needs of its enterprise customers is through a hosted/third-party environment. Nokia WING, which stands for IoT Network Grid, is a managed service based on a cloud-native core that supports both local-only and large-scale deployments with the same architecture.
- Further, in January 2022, Zayo Group, headquartered in the United States, acquired QOS Networks to bolster its edge and SD-WAN capabilities. The deal bolsters Zayo's position as a 'premier provider' of secure edge networking services, enabling the company to support enterprise customers deploy, managing, and monitoring their mission-critical SD-WAN and edge network environments.
- Further, the firms in the region expanding their product portfolio by collaborating with networking companies. For instance, in April 2022, Comcast Business announced the addition of Cisco SD-WAN powered by Viptela to its managed SD-WAN solutions portfolio as part of its strategic partnership with Cisco. Comcast Business will be able to provide enterprise customers with comprehensive, worldwide secure networking solutions, including Ethernet, SD-WAN, and security solutions, regardless of their existing infrastructure or vendor agreements, as a result of the partnership. The collaborative alliance with Cisco has been expanded to include Cisco SD-WAN, allowing Comcast to provide a broad range of secure network solutions tailored to its enterprise customers' specific demands and infrastructure requirements.
- Companies of all types and sizes struggle with implementing and usability of fragmented, disconnected security tools and the specialized skills and costs required to integrate and operate them. As a result, many organizations lack a complete view of their data security and compliance landscape, which can diminish their ability to effectively assess, prioritize, and respond to threats and issues.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Scalable Software Defined Networking Industry Overview
The scalable software-defined networking market is moderately consolidated. Large companies, particularly in the telecom industry, are acquiring start-ups working on SDN technology. They focus on integrating various open-source SDN platforms with their cloud computing platforms to optimize and customize their network infrastructure. Some key players include Cisco Systems Inc., HPE, Intel Corporation, Big Switch Network, AT&T Inc., Pluribus Network, Plexxi Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., NEC Corporation, Arista Network, and IBM Corporation, among others.
- July 2022: Software-defined networking (SDN), which connects the network's multiple supplier elements, has been improved by Vodafone. Hundreds of millions of consumers, as well as independent internet and content providers, are served by this network, which coordinates all of the telco's mobile, fixed, and voice traffic across 28 nations and four continents.
- January 2022: Cisco bought the privately held enterprise software start-up Opsani. With the acquisition, Cisco AppDynamics will be able to grow its engineering and product teams, improve the platform's ability to observe enterprise-scale cloud-native ecosystems, and hasten the dissemination of performance and enhancements that customers demand.
Scalable Software Defined Networking Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Scalable Software Defined Networking Market News
- February 2022: Al Ekhbariya, the broadcast station in Saudi Arabia, has chosen Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) to digitize its content, provide governance over its digital assets, and create a more streamlined user experience, according to a statement from Oracle. Millions of Arabs in Saudi Arabia and worldwide will be able to access the station thanks to Al Ekhbariya's delivery of user-friendly, on-demand content across several digital platforms. An Oracle Content Management application has also been made available by Al Ekhbariya. Implementing a single cloud-native system supports the development and activation of material such as websites, documents, movies, and visual assets.
- June 2022: Cisco and Kyndryl, a provider of IT infrastructure services, established a technological alliance to support enterprise customers' rapid transformation into data-driven companies utilizing Cisco products and Kyndryl-managed services. In addition, Kyndryl and Cisco will create new multi-network wide area network (WAN) options, software-defined networking (SDN) solutions, network and edge computing solutions, and private cloud services that are provided in a setting with superior security capabilities.
Scalable Software Defined Networking Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions &and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Adoption of Cloud
5.1.2 Trend of BYOD devices
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Concerns related to security
5.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Scalable SDN Market
5.5 By Use Case
5.5.1 Mobile Core, EPC, IMS Virtualization
5.5.2 Operation Support System and Business Support System (OSS/BSS)
5.5.3 Radio Access Networks
5.5.4 Wireline Fixed Access Networks
5.5.5 Customer Premises Equipment (CPE)
5.5.6 Mobile Backhaul
5.6 By Solution
5.6.1 SDN Switching
5.6.2 SDN Controllers
5.6.3 Cloud Provisioning
5.6.5 Security Technologies
5.6.6 Other Solutions
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By End User
6.1.1 Cloud Service Providers
6.1.3 Telecommunications Service Providers
6.2 By Industry Vertical
6.2.1 Academia and Research
6.2.3 Consumer Goods and Retail
6.2.4 Government and Defense
6.2.6 Telecom and IT
6.2.7 Other Industry Verticals
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.3 Intel Corporation
7.1.4 Big Switch Network
7.1.5 AT&T Inc.
7.1.6 Pluribus Network
7.1.7 Plexxi Inc.
7.1.8 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
7.1.9 NEC Corporation
7.1.10 Arista Network
7.1.11 IBM Corporation
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Scalable Software Defined Networking Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market?
The Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market is growing at a CAGR of 30.75% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market?
Cisco Systems Inc., HPE, Intel Corporation, AT&T Inc., IBM Corporation are the major companies operating in Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Market.
Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Scalable Software Defined Networking market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Scalable Software Defined Networking analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.