Rubber Additives Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 5.63 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 6.96 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||4.32 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||North America|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Rubber Additives Market Analysis
The Rubber Additives Market size is expected to grow from USD 5.63 billion in 2023 to USD 6.96 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.32% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The COVID-19 pandemic affected the rubber additives market as automotive manufacturing and supply chains were halted. The introduction of lockdowns across the world caused transportation delays and hindered import-export activities. However, the sector is recovering well since restrictions were gradually lifted. An increase in electric vehicle sales and growing demand for electronic appliances have led the market recovery over the last two years.
- The growing rubber and tire industry along with increasing demand from the non-tire segment of the construction industry are the key attributes driving the demand for the market studied.
- On the flipside, environmental concerns related to its disposal are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The development of new additives to produce high-performance rubbers that increase the durability of the end product is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market for rubber additives with India, China, Japan driving the consumption.
Rubber Additives Market Trends
Tire Segment to Dominate the Market
- The tire industry accounts for the largest share of the rubber additives market during the study period. Natural rubber in combination with synthetic rubbers like butadiene rubber or styrene butadiene rubber is majorly used in tire manufacturing.
- The tire market continues to grow due to technological advances in manufacturing high-quality tires. Increasing device automation and big data adoption is boosting the market growth. Additionally, for cost-effective and high-quality tire production, some manufacturers are using an automated, one-step tire manufacturing process.
- According to the United States Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA), total U.S. tire shipments of 342.1 million units in 2022, compared to 335.2 million units in 2021.
- China is the world's largest tire producer and consumer. There are more than 300 large, medium, and small tire manufacturers in all segments of China. China's tire industry is the largest in the world in terms of value and volume. According to China Rubber Industry Association's Tire Industry, the top 38 member companies produced a total of 529.22 million tires in 2021, an increase of 11.28% from previous year.
- Furthermore, according to the French tire manufacturing giant Michelin, in original equipment, the truck and bus tire market continued to perform well in Europe and North America against a backdrop of saturated order books since 2022. In North America, demand was supported by purchases of vehicles in anticipation of a new emissions standard coming into force in 2024.
- Considering all the above facts and factors, the usage and demand of rubber additives for tire applications are expected to grow in the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate through the forecast period. With the accelerating usage of rubber additives in automotive and increasing application in electrical and electronucs applications in countries such as China, India, and South Korea, the consumption of rubber additives is growing in the region.
- Rubber additives are widely used in the processing of rubber and its allied products. The growing demand for rubber in tire manufacturing in the automotive sector has been driving the market for rubber additives. The recovering automotive industry and resuming of other rubber-based industries in the country are expected to drive the market studied in the near future.
- China is the world's largest consumer of natural rubber, accounting for 37% of global consumption, but lacks suitable land to produce only a fraction of what it needs domestically. As a result, the Chinese government began encouraging Chinese companies to invest in rubber production. Thus, there is a potential for rubber additives in the country as they are used both to process natural and synthetic rubber.
- Since 2005, China has been the world's largest tire producer and consumer. Although tire production and consumption have enjoyed a very healthy growth, the last few years, especially the last two years, the market has been very tough for domestic and foreign companies operating in the country. However, as the automotive production and usage of rubber additives in different end-user industies constinues to expand, the consumption is projected to increase during the forecast period.
- According to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), despite the global economic unceratinities prevailing, the country's motor vehicle production registered an increase of 7% in 2021 and 3% in 2022.
- In addition, according to the association, motor vehicle production in India, Australia, and South Korea registered annual increases of 24%, 13%, and 9%, respectively, in 2022.
- According to the National Statistics Bureau, China's electronic information manufacturing sector recorded steady growth in 2022, signaling strong expansion in terms of production and investment. According to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the added value of large companies in this sector increased by 7.6% year-on-year in this period, making the industry 4% higher than all industries. This is boosting the usage of electric cables.
- The Indian electronics industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Recently, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology released Volume 2 of its vision document on electronics manufacturing in India, stating that the electronics manufacturing industry is anticipated to reach USD 300 billion by 2025-26.
- All factors above are likely to fuel the growth of rubber additives market in Asia-Pacific over the forecasted time frame.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Rubber Additives Industry Overview
The global rubber additives market is partially consolidated in nature, with top 5 players together accounting for more than 40% of the total market. Major players are also focusing on R&D activities, developing innovative techniques for the development of the product, engaging in mergers and acquisitions in order to increase their market share and optimizing supply chain to increase its efficacy and specialization in the market. The key players in the market studied include China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Limited, Rhein Chemie (LANXESS), Eastman Chemical Company, China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec), and NOCIL LIMITED, among others.
Rubber Additives Market Leaders
China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec)
China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Limited
Rhein Chemie (LANXESS)
Eastman Chemical Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Rubber Additives Market News
- In February 2023, The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. (YRC) announced details of its 2023 expansion program following the completion of its ongoing medium-term business plan Under Yokohama Transformation 2023 (YX2023). The project includes an expansion of passenger car tire production capacity in India, increasing the Group's production by 60% to 4.5 million units per year.
- In July 2022, Birch Chemicals established a new entity in India to meet the growing demand in the Asian market. The company offers a wide range of products, including curing activators and desiccants. Through this expansion, the company hopes to capitalize on the opportunities presented by the country's growing automotive sector.
- In June 2022, Evonik launched POLYVEST eCO, a new range of sustainable liquid polybutadienes that can be used as liquid rubber additives in tire manufacturing. The product launch is aimed at meeting the growing needs of the sustainable market.
Rubber Additives Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growth in the Tire and Rubber Industry
4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Non-Tire Segment in the Construction Industry
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Environmental Constraints Pertaining to Rubber Chemicals
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.2 Vulcanization Inhibitors
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2.2 Conveyor Belts
5.2.3 Electric Cables
5.2.4 Other Applications
5.3.1 Carbon Black
5.3.2 Calcium Carbonate
5.3.4 Other Fillers
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.2 Behn Meyer
6.4.3 China Petrochemical Corporation (SINOPEC)
6.4.4 China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Limited
6.4.5 Eastman Chemical Company
6.4.6 Emery Oleochemicals
6.4.7 Kemai Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.8 MLPC International (Arkema Group)
6.4.9 NOCIL LIMITED
6.4.10 PUKHRAJ ZINCOLET
6.4.11 Rhein Chemie (Lanxess)
6.4.12 Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.13 Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand From Electric Vehicles
7.2 Development of Bio-based Rubber Additives
Rubber Additives Market Research FAQs
How big is the Rubber Additives Market?
The Rubber Additives Market size is expected to reach USD 5.63 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 4.32% to reach USD 6.96 billion by 2028.
What is the current Rubber Additives Market size?
In 2023, the Rubber Additives Market size is expected to reach USD 5.63 billion.
Who are the key players in Rubber Additives Market?
China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec), China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Limited, Rhein Chemie (LANXESS), Eastman Chemical Company and NOCIL LIMITED are the major companies operating in the Rubber Additives Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Rubber Additives Market?
North America is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Rubber Additives Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Rubber Additives Market.
Rubber Additives Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Rubber Additives market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Rubber Additives analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.