|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Global Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Coffee Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.69% during the forecast period.
- Health deterioration, due to busy lifestyles and insufficient exercise, along with increasing obese population, is a major reason behind the increasing number of individuals riding on the fitness fad. Ready-to-drink coffee, being an excellent source of instant energy is becoming popular amongst youngsters as well the middle-aged working population. In addition, the rise in the awareness of health and physical fitness has encouraged more youngsters to get involved in sports, gymming, and physical activities, in turn, soaring the need and demand for more quick energy supplements and drinks.
- With the trend for carbonated drinks declining, several forms of soft drinks flocking the market, and many coffee options entering the hot category, the RTD coffee market is expected to have a good take off.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Market:
- Majority of coffee consumers are purchasing coffee via online delivery channels. Large number of consumers are ordering their coffee online, increasing the consumption of at-home coffee consumption, or are increasingly purchasing ready-to-drink coffee.
- The main coffee importing and consuming markets in Europe, North America, and Asia are in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis. Governments have imposed measures, like social distancing and lockdowns, in place, which have had a huge impact on cafés, micro-roasters, restaurants, and other out-of-home outlets. The current trend toward online shopping for at-home consumption is forcing retailers, roasters, and consumers to adapt to this new reality. Therefore, this factor is expected to increase the consumption of RTD coffee around the world.
- Experts believe that coffee consumption may not decline. However, there is likely to be a shift from out-of-home categories to more at-home categories and cheaper products (impacted by the reduced consumer income). Various online surveys have reported a growth in the daily consumption of coffee, owing to the growing at-home consumption.
Scope of the Report
Global ready-to-drink coffee market is segmented by packaging type bottles, cans, and other packaging. By product type into cold brew coffee and other RTD coffee. By distribution channel into supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and other distribution channels. By geography, the scope includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
|By Product Type|
|Cold Brew Coffee|
|Other RTD Coffee|
|By Distribution Channel|
|Other Distribution Channels|
Key Market Trends
Bottled RTD Coffee Gaining Momentum
Packing of all beverages by almost all major players are made more attractive, so as to increase the sales of their products. Also, packages in various quantities are made available for easy usage. Glass bottles and pet bottles are widely used around the world. Pet bottles are preferred more than the traditional glass bottles, as new technology enables these bottles to do more than just hold beverages. These bottles aid in improving the shelf life and preservation apart from being available in economic formats. Pet bottles are manufactured in such a way that consumers can either heat or cool the coffee depending on their requirements. These hot/cool bottles come in handy ‘grab and go’ sizes and can be used conveniently. Products in bottled format can be consumed all at once or can be stored. Caps or lids over these bottles also play an important role as they preserve the freshness and aroma of the drinks.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increased Demand for RTD in Asia-Pacific region
Healthy eating and drinking is a major trend, which engages a major chunk of the global population. RTD coffee is also one of the functional drinks that is available with proven health benefits. Various types of RTD coffee are introduced in the market, to serve the vast consumer base spread globally. The growing obese population, unhealthy eating habits among children and adults, busy lifestyles, and tight work schedules are the factors driving consumers toward healthy alternatives in terms of convenience food.
The calorie-conscious consumer and the diabetic population are looking for alternatives to sugar in their drinks, which is increasing the rate of preference for antioxidant-enriched health drinks among them. Product innovation is one of the core strategies that escalated over the years. It is garnering interest among consumers. The latte flavored RTD coffee gained importance. Players, such as Nongfu Spring Co. Ltd, introduced a cold brew-flavored carbonated RTD coffee in 2019, becoming the first carbonated RTD brand in China. With the convenience factor associated with it, the market is gaining more prominence in the Asia-Pacific region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global RTD coffee market is largely dominated by key players such as The Coca-Cola Company, Nestle SA, Suntory Beverage and Food, and Starbucks Corporation with a high global presence of their brands Nescafe, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Costa, among others. Further, by engaging the consumers with innovation and expansion strategies, the key players are capitalizing on the market revenue. Moreover, penetration by the key players with the product offering in the small pack size and sachets in the developing markets is further expected to fuel the market share of key brands in the developing regions.
February 2020, Silk (Danone) had launched two plant-based ready-to-drink latte varieties such as its Espresso and Mocha flavors combining almond and oat milks with coffee. The coffee is from UTZ certified sources, meaning it is sustainably farmed. This RTD coffee beverages are Non-GMO Project Verified and free of dairy, carrageenan, cholesterol and artificial colors and flavors.
In 2020, The Coca Cola Company launched “Coca-Cola With Coffee" which could combine regular Coke with Brazilian coffee. The product is available in three different flavors such that Dark Blend, Vanilla and Caramel, which will be offered in 12-ounce cans.
In 2019, Nescafé launched two new RTD coffee drinks, eyeing up a new world of texture and functionality for coffee consumers with its Cold Whipped Lattes and Coffee Protein Smoothies.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Packaging
5.1.3 Other Packaging
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.1 Cold Brew Coffee
5.2.2 Other RTD Coffee
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.3.2 Specialty Stores
5.3.3 Online Stores
5.3.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Key Strategies Adopted
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Starbucks Corporation
6.4.2 Nestle SA
6.4.3 The Coca-Cola Company
6.4.4 Arla Foods
6.4.5 Lotte Corporation
6.4.6 JAB Holdings
6.4.7 High Brew Coffee Inc.
6.4.8 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd
6.4.9 La Colombe Torrefaction Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market?
The Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.69% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market?
Nestle SA, Starbucks Corporation, The Coca-Cola Company, Suntory Beverage & Food Limited, Arla Foods amba are the major companies operating in Ready to Drink (RTD) Coffee Market.