Risk Analytics Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Risk Analytics Market Analysis
The global risk analytics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 14% over the forecast period. Risk analytics solutions help organizations deal with and protect against operational risks, which can arise due to internal factors, such as human errors, failures of systems (which can be related to software, hardware, network, etc.), and fraud cybercrime.
- Currently, risk analytics techniques are enabling risk managers to measure and predict risk with more certainty than ever before. Organizations are leveraging risk analytics to gather supporting information through various security data sources to quantify their cyber risks, automate their security operations, and make intelligence-driven decisions. Additionally, organizations are witnessing increased regulatory pressure from the cyber perspective with mandates and guidance, such as the PCI-DSS and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- The increased usage of large amounts of structured and unstructured data in the various end-user industries boosts the demand for risk analytics to manage and save data from threats. For instance, According to Seagate Technology PLC, the global volume of data is expected to increase to 47 zettabytes and 163 zettabytes in 2020 and 2025.
- Moreover, cloud computing is driving a software revolution astonishingly as any other computing revolution of the past 40 years. As analytics for location-based risk advance, it is only sensible that they can be built and delivered using cloud-based technology rather than older server-based systems. There are several risk assessment and accumulation platforms available now through the cloud. Rules-based approaches to security, whether they are applied to threat detection, investigation, or response, can no longer keep pace with advanced cyber threats, including account compromise and malicious insiders.
- The demand for risk analytics in the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) sector is also fueled by the increased use of mobile banking services and the rising volume of data. Risk analytics can be applied to combine the data into a single, comprehensive perspective, collect essential data, and produce insights that can be put to use. In addition, risk analytics are critical for logistics firms worldwide to efficiently address business disruptions and supply chain issues brought on by the spread of the coronavirus disease internationally.
- Furthermore, players cater to provide new analytics solutions, majorly in the healthcare sector, to combat COVID-19. Laboratory testing influences a significant percentage of clinical decisions and plays an essential role in improving care for patients with common, high-risk conditions. In July 2020, LabCorp launched Insight Analytics reports that support provider organizations are delivering improved care, both individually and on a population level, for a range of high-risk health conditions.
Risk Analytics Market Trends
BFSI is Expected to Witness Huge Adoption of Risk Analytics Solutions
- Banks across the world are realizing that they need a more rational approach to managing a growing plethora of risks enveloping the banking and financial industries' landscape, and they have now understood the significance of risk analytics.
- Risk analytics enables banks and financial institutions to move away from the “silo” approach to risk management and move toward the “holistic” view of enterprise-wide risks. For instance, in operational risk management (ORM), the number of transactions that need to be monitored is growing at an exponential rate, thus implying pressure on the current banking infrastructure and enabling the market for risk analytics.
- Financial Organizations are under intense pressure to reduce fraud and meet strict regulatory compliance requirements while growing their business. Moreover, New Account Fraud and Account Takeover are the top two types of fraud challenging financial institutions today. Risk analytics solutions protect against these and other fraudulent activities across online and mobile channels, using machine learning-based risk analysis, a form of AI.
- Data analytics can be used in a variety of ways by banks to protect themselves from danger. Customer analytics, for instance, can be used to categorize customers according to their creditworthiness for credit risk management. Because one can rely on those customers to make payments on time, doing so lets individuals choose a target market for credit products and lowers exposure to default risk. According to the Global Association of Risk Professionals, it is estimated that capital markets, banking, and insurance sectors are likely to spend USD 96 billion on risk information technologies and services.
- Additionally, the Grant Thornton survey study identified that 85% of respondents believed that their bank’s data and risk information management initiatives need additional efficiencies to realize their full potential. Furthermore, 82% had indicated the same for their institution’s risk analytics and measurements. Hence, such trends drive the need for risk analytics solutions in the BFSI industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- North America is expected to hold the highest market share, with the United States leading the market. The dominance of the region is due to its increasing adoption of risk analytics solutions among end-user industries, a significant presence of large enterprises, and drive for early technological adoption owing to competition from other businesses operating in low-cost regions.
- Moreover, adopting cloud computing across industries is driving market growth. The task of protecting Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) from immediate cyber security risks has been intertwined with cloud computing adoption. The data and resources of HISs are inherently shared with other systems for remote access, decision-making, emergency, and other healthcare-related perspectives.
- Additionally, there have been 28 data breach incidents reported during the pandemic year in the United States, including email hacking incidents, malware attacks, and unauthorized access to EHRs (source the US Department of Health & Human Services). In the medical healthcare sector, cloud computing is considered to be an immediate remedy because it is scalable as well as economical.
- The healthcare infrastructure in the United States is experiencing positive trends in the predictive analytics domain. Studies have shown that in the last few years, more than 40% of healthcare executives reported a 50% increase in data volume. As the data sets become bigger and more difficult to handle, health systems and payers increasingly adopt predictive analytics.
- Moreover, the region has a strong foothold of risk analytics vendors, which contributes to the growth of the market. Some of them include IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAS Institute Inc., and AxiomSL Ltd, among others.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Risk Analytics Industry Overview
The risk analytics market is a relatively consolidated market as the major vendors account for a significant share of the market, especially in the enterprise-level adoption. Additionally, large companies dominate this market owing to their ability to offer innovative and high-quality services to end-users on a different scale and with customization that suits their specific needs.
In October 2022, Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a top global investment banking, securities, and investment management organization, and Qontigo, a leading innovative risk, analytics, and index solutions provider, announced an expanded partnership. Through Goldman Sachs Financial Cloud for Data, a collection of modular data management and analytics solutions, as well as Goldman Sachs Marquee, the company's digital platform that offers market-leading data, analytics, market insights, and trading solutions to institutional investors, Qontigo would now make the Axioma Portfolio Optimize and Axioma Equity Factor Risk Models available.
In September 2022, A collaborative alliance was launched between CAMELOT Management Consultants and Everstream Analytics, a prominent provider of supply chain insights and risk analytics. This partnership combines Everstream's superior risk ratings and AI-powered analytics with CAMELOT's unrivaled strategic process design and organizational knowledge to create high-performing, compliant, resilient value chains.
Risk Analytics Market Leaders
SAS Institute Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Risk Analytics Market News
- November 2022: As the business expands, New York-based MGA Elpha Secure teamed with CyberCube to use two of its cyber risk analytics tools to make a strong case for capacity from suppliers active in the ILS market.
- November 2022: Synspective, a provider of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite data and solutions, and Geo Climate Risk Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (GCRS), a solution provider, consultancy, and advisory services firm that focuses on natural hazards risk analytics and environmental and sustainability challenges are happy to announce a new partnership for SAR-based analysis solutions for critical infrastructure and mining industries in India and throughout South Asia. GCRS and Synspective will collaborate to offer risk analysis solutions for the mining and critical infrastructure sectors to speed up regional net-zero projects.
Risk Analytics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Market Definition and Scope
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Growing Complexities across Business Processes
4.4.2 Global Regulatory Frameworks and Government Policies
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 High Installation and Operational Costs
4.5.2 Complicated Regulatory Compliance might hinder the Market Growth
4.6 Impact of COVID-19 on Overall Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Component
5.2 By Deployment
5.3 By End-user Vertical
5.3.5 Other End-user Verticals (IT and Telecom)
5.4.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of MEA
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 IBM Corporation
6.1.2 Orcale Corporation
6.1.3 SAP SE
6.1.4 SAS Institute Inc.
6.1.5 Moody's Analytics Inc.
6.1.6 OneSpan Inc.
6.1.7 Capgemini SE
6.1.8 Accenture PLC
6.1.9 Risk Edge Solutions
6.1.10 AxiomSL Ltd.
6.1.11 Provenir Inc.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Risk Analytics Market Research FAQs
What is the current Risk Analytics Market size?
The Risk Analytics Market is projected to register a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Risk Analytics Market?
IBM Corporation, SAP SE, AxiomSL Ltd., Orcale Corporation and SAS Institute Inc. are the major companies operating in the Risk Analytics Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Risk Analytics Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Risk Analytics Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Risk Analytics Market.
Risk Analytics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Risk Analytics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Risk Analytics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.