Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market Size
|Study Period||2015 - 2026|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type||Commercial Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type||Motorcycles|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market Analysis
The Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market stood at 23.21 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.54% to reach 26.31 million liters in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : The average engine oil capacity of heavy-duty trucks and buses was high, resulting in the commercial vehicle (CV) sector consuming the highest engine oil in Qatar.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Motorcycles : Following the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been a dramatic increase in used motorcycle sales in Qatar, which could drive engine oil consumption in the motorcycle market.
Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Commercial Vehicles
- In Qatar, engine oils accounted for about 77% of automotive lubricants in 2020. During 2015-2019, engine oil consumption increased at a CAGR of 2.4%. The growing active vehicle fleet and increasing service needs in the country were the key drivers for this trend.
- In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to a massive decline in the usage rate of the existing vehicle fleets in the country, which led to a 8.16% dip in engine oil consumption. Passenger Vehicles (PV) segment recorded the largest decline of 8.54% in engine oil consumption during the year.
- During 2021-2026, the motorcycles segment is expected to register highest growth of about 9.3% in the engine oil consumption, followed by PV segment (4.06%). The growth is likely to be driven by increasing demand for mopeds and motorcycles in the country over the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Industry Overview
The Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 50.23%. The major players in this market are ExxonMobil Corporation, Qatar Lubricants Company (QALCO), Royal Dutch Shell PLC, TotalEnergies and Valvoline Inc. (sorted alphabetically).
Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market Leaders
Qatar Lubricants Company (QALCO)
Royal Dutch Shell PLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market News
- January 2022: Effective April 1, ExxonMobil Corporation was organized along three business lines - ExxonMobil Upstream Company, ExxonMobil Product Solutions and ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions.
- October 2021: Valvoline and Cummins extended their long-standing marketing and technology collaboration agreement for another five years. Cummins will endorse and promote Valvoline's Premium Blue engine oil for its heavy-duty diesel engines and generators and will distribute Valvoline products through its global distribution networks.
- March 2021: Castrol announced the launch of Castrol ON (a Castrol e-fluid range that includes e-gear oils, e-coolants, and e-greases) to its product portfolio. This range is specially designed for electric vehicles.
Qatar Automotive Engine Oils Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1. Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2. Scope of the Study
2.3. Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1. Automotive Industry Trends
3.2. Regulatory Framework
3.3. Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1. By Vehicle Type
4.1.1. Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3. Passenger Vehicles
4.2. By Product Grade
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1. Key Strategic Moves
5.2. Market Share Analysis
5.3. Company Profiles
5.3.1. BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2. Chevron Corporation
5.3.3. Dana Lubricants Factory LLC
5.3.4. ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.5. Gulf Continental Oil and Grease Factory (GulfCon)
5.3.6. Lucas Oil Products, Inc.
5.3.7. Qatar Lubricants Company (QALCO)
5.3.8. Royal Dutch Shell PLC
5.3.10. Valvoline Inc.
6.1. Appendix-1 References
6.2. Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
- Figure 1:
- VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, QATAR, 2015 - 2026
- Figure 2:
- COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, QATAR, 2015 - 2026
- Figure 3:
- MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, QATAR, 2015 - 2026
- Figure 4:
- PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, QATAR, 2015 - 2026
- Figure 5:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
- Figure 6:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
- Figure 7:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
- Figure 8:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
- Figure 9:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
- Figure 10:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
- Figure 11:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
- Figure 12:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
- Figure 13:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
- Figure 14:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
- Figure 15:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
- Figure 16:
- QATAR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are considered under the automotive engine oils market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, engine oils are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service/maintenance refill is considered while accounting the engine oil consumption for each vehicle type, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered under the study.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms