Plastisols Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
|CAGR:||> 6 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Plastisols Market Analysis
The global plastisols market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 6% during the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the plastisols market. Due to the lockdown, the supply and production of major end-user industries were interrupted during COVID-19, decreasing plastisols consumption. After 2020, the market expanded steadily after the continuous activity in major-end user segments.
- The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are the rapidly expanding construction industry and the surge in demand from the textile industry in Asia-Pacific.
- The adverse environmental effects of plastisols and the severe phthalates impacts on human health are likely to hinder the growth of the studied market.
- PVC-Free Plastisols and the growing adoption of digital screen-printing applications are likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and will also witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Plastisols Industry Segments
Plastisol is a thermoplastic liquid polymer, which indicates that it is a colloidal polymer solution (usually polyvinyl chloride) in a liquid plasticizer. When heated to roughly 180°C, it transforms into a viscous gel, and after cooling, it converts into a plasticized solid product. The plastisols market is segmented by application, end-user industry, and geography. By application, the market is segmented into adhesives and sealants, paints and coatings, printing inks, moldings, and other applications. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into building and construction, transportation, textiles, appliances and machines, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the plastisols in 15 countries across the central regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on revenue (USD million).
|Adhesives and Sealants|
|Paints and Coatings|
|Building and Construction|
|Appliances and Machines|
|Other End-user Industries|
Plastisols Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Plastisols Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand from Building and Construction Industry
- The building and Construction segment is expected to be the fastest-growing end-use industry segment for the plastisols market.
- Plastisol is utilized in many building applications, from flooring to wall coverings. The expanding construction industry worldwide led to an increase in plastisol consumption over the past few years.
- In the building and construction industry, Plastisols are extensively used in piping and fittings for water distribution, electrical conduits, irrigation and sewers, weather stripping, siding, awnings, soffit, skirting, gutters and downspouts, window frames, door frames and cladding, coated panelling, decking and fencing, landfill liners, swimming pool liners, geomembrane, single-ply roofing, floor and wall coverings, maintenance coatings, etc.
- Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and African countries are experiencing substantial domestic and foreign investments for setting up industrial units, hospitals, malls, multiplexes, hospitality, and the IT sector.
- Asia-Pacific is an attractive market for foreign companies due to the healthy economic performance of countries like India, China, Indonesia, etc. Also, the efforts made by the Middle Eastern countries to develop tourism and other non-oil sectors, which are driving construction activities in these regions.
- According to Eurostat, building output rose by 3.3% in the eurozone and 3.8% in the European Union in July 2021 compared to July 2020. Construction output rose by 0.5% in the eurozone and 1.3% in the European Union in November 2021 compared to November 2020.
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the construction industry in China created an added value of around CNY 8 trillion (~USD 1.24 trillion) in 2021, an increase from CNY 7.24 trillion (~USD 1.05 trillion) in 2020. This trend is expected to benefit the studied market.
- Owing to all these factors, the plastisols market will likely grow worldwide during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. In the area, China is the largest economy in terms of GDP. China is one of the fastest emerging economies and one of the world's biggest production houses today. The country's manufacturing sector is one of the significant contributors to the country's economy.
- India is witnessing the construction of numerous airports under planning or development phases. In addition, the Indian government is also planning to construct 100 airports by 2032, owing to the increasing demand for air commutes. In Budget 2021, the Indian government allotted INR 13,750 crore (~USD 1.85 billion) to Atal Mission For Rejuvenation And Urban Transformation and Smart Cities Mission to promote construction initiatives.
- In the Asia-Pacific region, numerous measures have been taken by governments of multiple countries to promote housing and construction. For instance, The Malaysian government allotted MYR 500 million (~USD 113.10 million) in budget 2021 to develop up to 14,000 residences under the Program Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) and MYR 315 million (~USD 71.25 million) to develop 3,000 units of Rumah Mesra Rakyat (RMR).
- China includes one of the world's most significant rates of urbanization. According to data from the American Institute of Architects (AIA), Shanghai, China, would have built the equivalent of ten New York-sized cities since the 1990s by 2025.
- Pingnan County in China's Guangxi region is investing CNY 26.4 billion (~USD 4.08 billion) in a textile manufacturing cluster to capitalize on its geographic position. The county signed over 226 textile and garment projects for the forthcoming textile and garment cluster. It will establish over 100 firms, 37 of which are expected to commence operations by the end of 2021.
- All factors above are likely to fuel the growth of the plastisols market in Asia-Pacific over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Plastisols Market Competitor Analysis
The plastisols market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the market's major players (not in any particular order) include Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, Lancer Group International, PATCHAM, Avient Corporation, and Carlisle Plastics Company, among others.
Plastisols Market Top Players
Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
Lancer Group International
Carlisle Plastics Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Plastisols Market Recent Developments
- March 2022: PATCHAM(FZC) appointed the OQEMA Group (a leading chemical distributor in Europe with 1,300 workers in 45 locations in 23 countries) as an official distributing partner to improve and expand its plastisol business in Europe. This movement will help the company to grow its plastisol and printing ink businesses in European countries.
- May 2021: Avient Corporation launched its plastisol special effect inks and additives under a new "Avient Specialty Inks" brand name. With this launch, Avient is offering its customers the opportunity to order the right products for their needs.
Plastisols Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rapidly Expanding Construction Industry
4.1.2 Surge in Demand from Textile Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.2.1 Adverse Environmental Effects of Plastisols
4.2.2 Severe Impacts of Phthalates on Human Health
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.1 Adhesives and Sealants
5.1.2 Paints and Coatings
5.1.3 Printing Inks
5.1.5 Other Applications
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Building and Construction
5.2.4 Appliances and Machines
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Campbell Plastics
6.4.2 Carlisle Plastics Company
6.4.3 Chemionics Corporation
6.4.4 Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
6.4.5 International Coatings
6.4.6 Lancer Group International
6.4.7 MONARCH COLOR CORPORATION
6.4.10 Avient Corporation
6.4.11 PolySol LLC
6.4.12 Sinclair & Rush, Inc.
6.4.13 Sushee Coatings
6.4.14 Uniway Asia Limited
6.4.15 VITA LIQUID POLYMERS
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 PVC-Free Plastisols
7.2 Growing Adoption of Digital Screen Printing Applications
Plastisols Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Plastisols Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Plastisols Market?
The Plastisols Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Plastisols Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Plastisols Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Plastisols Market?
Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, Lancer Group International, PATCHAM, Avient Corporation , Carlisle Plastics Company are the major companies operating in Plastisols Market.
Plastisols Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Plastisols sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Plastisols research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Plastisols report PDF.