Pipeline Integrity Management Market
Pipeline integrity, safety, and reliability are major concerns to all pipeline operators and managers. The primary objective of pipeline integrity management (PIM) is to maintain the pipeline in a fit-for-service condition while extending its remaining life in the most reliable, safe and cost-effective manner. Pipeline companies rely on PIM systems to help maintain the safe and reliable operation of their pipelines, identify and analyze integrity threats, meet regulatory requirements to maintain transport licenses, and ensure that pipeline data is kept current. The growing length of oil & gas pipelines, pipeline maintenance mandates by several governments and ageing life of current pipelines are some of the major factor driving the market.
Bid to maintain output from aging pipeline system - Driving the Market
Pipelines continue to play a major role in the petroleum industry, providing safe, reliable, and economical transportation. On the other hand, as the pipeline infrastructure expands, so do the number of old pipelines, which increase the demand for PIM services. Oil & gas pipeline maintenance services form an integral part of ensuring a sustained and reliable transport of hydrocarbon liquids. Any disruption in the system has the potential to cause large-scale damages. To remain competitive and make a profit in the oil & gas industry, operators focus on protecting and optimizing the existing company assets, which in turn, is expected to benefit the global PIM market.
Onshore Segment – To dominate the pipeline integrity management market
Pipelines are the preferred mode of transportation for oil and gas; a majority of the transportation is carried out through this mode. More than 80% of the current transportation of crude oil and gas is carried out through onshore pipelines. Onshore pipeline failures are the result of corrosion, manufacturing error, environmental incidents, and human interference. Onshore pipeline investments by various countries is expected to propel the growth of pipeline integrity management market in onshore sector. For instance, United States has sanctioned around 26 major onshore gas pipeline projects in 2017 and 2018. The country has a mandate of pipeline maintenance every year. China Petroleum Pipelines has been contracted to lay 450 kilometer of gas pipelines, by early 2019, to take 290 million scfd of gas, from the Haradh field to the Hawiyah processing plant. Such large number of projects are expected to contribute to the growth of PIM market in the forecast period.
United States – To provide ample opportunity for market players
United States has the largest network of pipelines in the world. Approximately one-third of the total pipeline market in the country is used to transport crude oil, delivering millions of gallons of oil equivalent/day to various refineries and export terminals. In the United States, investment in the pipeline sector has gained momentum after the shale gas boom, which has further increased the need for sophisticated pipeline networks, calling for efficient operation and maintenance. However, corrosion of pipelines remains a significant challenge for pipeline operators. On June 7, 2018, TransCanada’s Leach XPress pipeline, which is just six months old, suffered major natural gas rupture and explosion. The cause of the explosion is yet to be known. Therefore, the maintenance and services of these pipelines by adopting pipeline integrity management systems are a must to sustain the country's vast oil & gas pipeline network. Overall, the US has dominated the market for a long time and is expected to lead the market during forecast period.
Key Developments in the Pipeline Integrity Management Market
- July 2017: General Electric Co. completed the acquisition of Baker Hughes, changing its name to Baker Hughes a GE company. GE has merged Baker Hughes with its oil and gas equipment and services operations to create the world’s second-largest oilfield service provider by revenue. The combined company is expected to generate approximately USD 23 billion in annual revenue.
- July 2018: SGS and Baker Hughes, a GE company, eneterd into a Strategic Alliance Agreement (SAA) for the joint deployment and commercialization of BHGE’s real-time software and sensor-based Predictive Corrosion Management (PCM) solution.
Pipeline Integrity Management Market Major Players
- Baker Hughes - GE Co
- Infosys Ltd
- Halliburton Co
- Schlumberger Ltd
- TWI Ltd
- Emerson Electric Co
- Audubon Companies
- SGS SA
- Koch Pipeline Company, L.P.
- Force Technology
Reasons to Purchase Pipeline Integrity Management Market Report
- Current and future pipeline integrity management market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customize Pipeline Integrity Management Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Scope of the Report
2.2 Market Definition
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Study Deliverables
2.5 Research Phases
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, until 2023
3.3 Installed Pipeline Historic Capacity and Forecast in Kilometers, until 2023
3.4 Inter-Regional Pipeline Import Capacity in BSCM, until 2023
3.5 Inter-Regional Pipeline Export Capacity in BSCM, until 2023
3.6 Crude Oil Production and Consumption Forecast, until 2023
3.7 Natural Gas Production and Consumption Forecast, until 2023
3.8 Investment in Pipelines, LNG Liquefaction, and LNG Receiving Terminals in USD billion, 2016-2023
3.9 Recent Trends and Developments
3.10 Government Policies and Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Industry Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Location of Deployment
7.2 By Service Type
7.2.1 Inspection Services
7.2.2 Cleaning Services
7.2.3 Repair & Refurbishment Services
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Key Pipeline Projects and Players, Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion until 2023 (for Regions only))
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.1 United Kingdom
8.3.4 Rest of Europe
8.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1 Saudi Arabia
8.4.2 United Arab Emirates
8.4.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8.5 South America
8.5.3 Rest of South America
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, and Recent Development)
9.1 Infosys Ltd.
9.2 Baker Hughes a GE Co.
9.3 Bureau Veritas SA
9.4 TÜV Rheinland
9.5 T. D. Williamson Inc
9.6 Emerson Electric Co.
9.7 SGS SA
9.8 EnerMech Ltd
9.9 MATCOR, Inc.
9.10 TWI Ltd.
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
11. Future of the Market
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on the public domain