Pakistan Bottled Water Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 292.61 Million|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 498.11 Million|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||11.96 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Pakistan Bottled Water Market Analysis
The Pakistan Bottled Water Market size is estimated at USD 292.61 million in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 498.11 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 11.96% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Bottled drinking water use in Pakistan has increased manifolds during the last 15 years. The trend for drinking healthy water and poor tap water quality are the main reasons for consumers' interest in bottled water consumption in Pakistan. Drinking water sources in Pakistan, both surface and groundwater, are contaminated with coliforms, toxic metals, and pesticides throughout the country.
- Also, various drinking water quality parameters set by the WHO are frequently violated, attracting consumers to consider bottled water for drinking purposes, thus driving the market's growth in the country.
- Additionally, with the increasing population and rapid urbanization, access to safe drinking water in Pakistan is declining. People living in urban cities have become more aware of the contamination of drinking water, resulting in more bottled water sales. Similarly, the food service sector or the on-trade segment also accounts for a significant share of the market as consumers are habituated to using bottled water while they eat out-of-home or during traveling.
- Moreover, extreme climatic conditions and scarce clean water resources are supporting the growth of the primary form of bottled water, i.e., still water, even among the middle-class population in the country. Consumers have tilted toward the perception that prevention is better than cure for the past few years, raising the demand for bottled water to avoid undesired health issues. Hence, such factors are expected to support and drive the growth of the bottled water market in the country during the forecast period.
Pakistan Bottled Water Market Trends
Escalating Concern for Quality Drinking Water
- Factors such as the desire to drink healthy water, health concerns, and poor tap water quality in Pakistan are the main reasons for consumers' interest in bottled water. For instance, Pakistan is one of the countries where fluorosis is endemic, and the Thar Desert areas of Sindh province are among the affected areas.
- The groundwater, especially the water in unconfined aquifers, is the primary source of drinking water for people living in those areas of Sindh. Groundwater is mostly available in dug wells, generally at a depth of 30 to 75 meters, which is salty and highly contaminated by the presence of fluoride. Fluorosis is high in such areas, including dental, skeletal, musculoskeletal, and other forms of fluorosis.
- Additionally, the release of untreated industrial waste, unsafe sewage systems, agriculture run-off, and unplanned urbanization has downgraded water quality over the years, especially in the big cities, due to which the urban population has been constant for the past few years. For instance, according to the World Bank, in 2021, the total urban population percentage in Pakistan was 37% which was the same since 2018.
- Furthermore, in March 2023, UNICEF Representative in Pakistan claimed that every day, millions of girls and boys in Pakistan are fighting a losing battle against preventable waterborne diseases and consequential malnutrition which is creating more new opportunities for the players in the market to launch affordable bottled water products to target such consumers.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Still Water Dominates the Market
- There is a growing demand from the people of Pakistan for still water than other types of bottled water, such as sparkling water, and the gap has been increasing very fast. People are becoming more health-conscious and moving away from carbonated soft drinks. The price and easy availability of bottled water inclined a section of the consumers to choose to prefer still water.
- Further, awareness about the purity and safety of bottled water and contamination of drinking water sources are driving the demand for still bottled water in the country. Also, due to the population growth that demands better living standards, the upsurge in demand for still water from Pakistanis is playing a key role in driving the still-bottled water market growth.
- Furthermore, recovering gross domestic product (GDP) growth rates, working population, and improving employment standards are supporting the growth of the overall market. For instance, according to the World Bank, in 2021, the GDP growth of Pakistan reached 6.5%, a significant increase compared to the previous year, in which the GDP growth was -1.3%. Such factors, along with the manufacturers' enthusiasm to launch different products that target different consumer groups, are expected to aid in the market's growth during the forecast period.
Pakistan Bottled Water Industry Overview
The market studied is consolidated with the presence of global players trying to expand their businesses and a few local players targeting specific consumer groups. A few major players in the Pakistan bottled water market include The Coca-Cola Company, Nestle S.A., and PepsiCo Inc. These players are primarily focused on providing quality products offering, along with the increased convenience of purchase.
With the increasing consumption of bottled water, manufacturers operating in the market, including government bodies, are introducing new products to achieve a more extensive consumer base and competitive advantage in the market. In addition to bottled water offered by companies such as still water and sparkling water, the focus is also being laid on sustainable packaging optimization, which helps reduce carbon footprint compared to standard processing.
Pakistan Bottled Water Market Leaders
The Coca-Cola Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Pakistan Bottled Water Market News
- March 2022: The global beverage and snack conglomerate PepsiCo collaborated with WaterAid in a bid to provide clean water to the masses of Pakistan. The company claimed that it is working to improve access to clean water for underserved urban communities in Pakistan.
- December 2021: Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Limited (CCI Pakistan) established a state-of-the-art water filtration plant for the people of Haripur, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, as part of its PAANI CSR project (KP). The plant is near CCI Pakistan's seventh production facility, now under development in Haripur.
Pakistan Bottled Water Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Escalating Concern for Quality Drinking Water
4.1.2 Strategic Investment by the Key Players
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Need for Stringent Regulatory Landscape
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Still Water
5.1.2 Sparkling Water
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.1 On Trade
126.96.36.199 Convenience Stores
188.8.131.52 Online Retail Stores
184.108.40.206 Home and Office Delivery (HOD)
220.127.116.11 Other Distribution Channels
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Nestle S.A
6.3.2 Qarshi Industries (Pvt.) Ltd
6.3.3 Aqua Fujitenma Inc.
6.3.4 PepsiCo Inc.
6.3.5 The Coca-Cola Company
6.3.6 Reignwood Investments UK Ltd (VOSS Water)
6.3.7 3B Water Engineering & Services (Pvt) Ltd.
6.3.8 Danone S.A
6.3.9 PakTurk Bottlers
6.3.10 Sufi Group of Industries
6.3.11 Masafi LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Pakistan Bottled Water Market Research FAQs
How big is the Pakistan Bottled Water Market?
The Pakistan Bottled Water Market size is expected to reach USD 292.61 million in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 11.96% to reach USD 498.11 million by 2028.
What is the current Pakistan Bottled Water Market size?
In 2023, the Pakistan Bottled Water Market size is expected to reach USD 292.61 million.
Who are the key players in Pakistan Bottled Water Market?
The Coca-Cola Company, Nestle S.A, PepsiCo Inc, Qarshi Industries and Masafi LLC are the major companies operating in the Pakistan Bottled Water Market.
Bottled Water in Pakistan Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Bottled Water in Pakistan market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Bottled Water in Pakistan analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.