|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic affected the nylon tire cord fabrics market because of disruption in the supply chain globally. During the pandemic, many factories responsible for raw material production, mainly chemicals like adipic acid, for the nylon tire cord fabrics industry were shut down. There was also a change in priority to the health sector and sectors like tire manufacturing and the automotive industry were on temporary hold. In the automotive industry, nylon tire cord fabric is used for providing longer life, improved safety, and weight reduction to vehicles. However, the post-pandemic increase in demand for electric vehicles due to favorable government policies is expected to boost the market for nylon tire cord fabrics globally.
- Over the short term, growing demand for passenger cars in developing countries along with rising demand for fuel-efficient vehicles and increasing penetration of autonomous or self-driving vehicles, are some of the driving factors which are stimulating the market demand.
- Stringent government regulations for the tire industry to safeguard the environment is the factor hindering the market's growth.
- Increasing demand for electric vehicles across the globe and R&D in the field of plant-based nylon fabric is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Nylon tire cord fabric is a type of reinforcement that is used in tires to provide proper shape. It is manufactured by twisting and plying high-quality filament yarn. They offer high strength and durability to the tires and support the weight of vehicles. Nylon tire cord fabrics are designed to increase the performance and running life of tires. The nylon tire cord fabrics market is segmented by type, application, end-user industry, and geography. By type the market is segmented into nylon 6 tire cord, and nylon 66 tire cord, by application the market is segmented into bias tire, radial tire, and other applications, by end-use industry the market is segmented into passenger cars, commercial vehicles, two-wheelers, off-road vehicles, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the nylon tire cord fabrics market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (kilo tons).
|Nylon 6 Tire Cord|
|Nylon 66 Tire Cord|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in the Radial Tire Industry
- A radial tire is widely adopted in the automotive industry owing to improved driving comfort, better road contact, and lower fuel consumption in tires at high speed. It is widely used in light commercial vehicles and passenger cars. The radial tire is constructed in such a way that it has much more flexible sidewalls, thus generating less heat.
- Increasing investments in electric vehicles coupled with new incentives and regulations introduced by various governments globally to fuel electric vehicle sales are expected to drive the automotive tire market. Besides, the growing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles to lower carbon footprint in the environment is expected to boost the demand for electric vehicles and other related products used in vehicles such as tires.
- The global electric vehicle sales stood at 6.7 million units in 2021 as compared to 3.1 million units in 2020, according to International Energy Agency (IEA). This will stimulate the demand for the radial tire industry in the electric vehicle segment.
- Superior properties of radial tires such as high breaking strength, improved impact resistance, and good adhesive strength with rubber, enhance their usage in the automotive sector. As per the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), global automotive sales amounted to 82.68 million units in 2021 as compared to 78.77 million units in 2020, registering a growth of 4.9%.
- The growing demand for passenger cars due to the rise in the middle-class population and disposable income are the factors driving the automotive industry. The global passenger car sales reached 56.39 million units in 2021 as compared to 53.92 million units in 2020, registering a growth of 4.6%, which in turn stimulates the demand for the radial tire market.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for radial tires is likely to grow globally during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market studied. In the region, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP.
- Commercial and passenger vehicle sales in Asia-Pacific amounted to 42.66 million units in 2021 as compared to 40.32 million units in 2020, registering a growth of over 5.8%. China and India are among the fastest emerging economies in the region.
- China dominates the automotive industry in the Asia-Pacific region. The Chinese automotive industry depicted significant growth over the years. Strong government support through subsidies and strategic government policies such as made in China 2025 are the factors supporting the domestic automotive industry growth in the country.
- As per the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), the production of both passenger and commercial cars in China amounted to 26.08 million units in 2021, as compared to 25.23 million units in 2020. However, major government spending, especially focused on infrastructure has resulted in a rebounding of construction activity in 2021.
- Rising middle-class income coupled with low-interest rates provided by banks on vehicle purchases is driving the automotive industry during the forecast period. Furthermore, the increasing introduction of new models of vehicles featuring fuel efficiency and design appeal will boost the automotive market.
- In India, FDI in the automobile sector stood at USD 30.78 billion between April 2000 to September 2021, according to the Indian Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF). The annual automobile production in India amounted to 22.65 million in 2021 which was dominated by the two-wheeler segment due to the high percentage of the young population.
- Increasing policy initiatives for the automobile sector by the Indian government such as the PLI (Production Linked Incentive) scheme for automobile and auto components, automotive mission plan and 100% FDI allowed under automatic route. These initiatives are expected to drive the automotive industry in the coming years.
- Due to all such factors, the market for nylon tire cord fabrics in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The nylon tire cord fabrics market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Kordsa Teknik Tekstil A.S., HYOSUNG ADVANCED MATERIALS, Century Enka Limited, SRF Ltd., and Indorama Ventures (Kordarna Plus), among others (not in any particular order).
- In September 2021, India-based Century Enka invested INR 300 Crores for strengthening its position in the tire reinforcement market, through the reconstruction of plants and enhancing capacity by 30%. This will help the company in increasing its customer base.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand for High Wear Resistance Tires for Commercial Applications Globally
4.1.2 Increading Demand for Fuel-efficient and Passenger Vehicles in Developing Countries
4.2.1 Stringent Government Regulations for Tire Industry
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Nylon 6 Tire Cord
5.1.2 Nylon 66 Tire Cord
5.2.1 Bias Tire
5.2.2 Radial Tire
5.2.3 Other Applications
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Passenger Cars
5.3.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.3.4 Off-road Vehicles
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Bestory Chemical Fiber Co., Ltd.
6.4.2 Century Enka Limited.
6.4.3 Dongping Jinma Tyre Cord Fabric Co.,Ltd.
6.4.4 Firestone Fibers & Textiles
6.4.5 FORMOSA TAFFETA CO., LTD.
6.4.6 HAIYANG TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
6.4.7 Huaian Nylon Chemical Fibre Co.,Ltd
6.4.8 HYOSUNG ADVANCED MATERIALS
6.4.9 Indorama Ventures (Kordarna Plus)
6.4.10 Kolon Industries
6.4.11 Kordsa Teknik Tekstil A.S.
6.4.12 Madura Industrial Textiles Ltd.
6.4.13 Shandong Shifeng (Group) Co., Ltd.
6.4.14 Shenma Industrial Co., Ltd.
6.4.15 SRF Ltd.
6.4.16 TEIJIN FRONTIER (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 R&D in the Field of Plant-based Nylon Fabric
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market?
The Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market?
Kordsa Teknik Tekstil A.S., HYOSUNG ADVANCED MATERIALS , Century Enka Limited , SRF Ltd., Indorama Ventures (Kordarna Plus) are the major companies operating in Nylon Tire Cord Fabrics Market.