The North America Surge Arresters Market has been estimated at USD XX billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
A surge arrester is a device that protects electrical power systems from damages caused by lighting. A typical surge arrester has both a ground terminal and a high-voltage terminal. When a powerful electric surge travels from the power system to the surge arrester, the high voltage current is sent directly to the insulation or to the ground to avoid damaging the system. The application of surge arresters are Protection of AIS and GIS substation equipment, Protection of AC and DC traction systems, HVDC protection, Protection of series capacitor banks, Protection of cables, Protection of transmission lines, Installation in polluted areas and areas with high seismic activities
This market is driven by a number of factors, such as the usage of highly sensitive electrical systems and the high demand for the Electronic Appliances. However, this market faces a drawback, such as the additional cost that has to be invested for the installation of the complicated arresters. This factor may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
This market can be broadly segmented into Low Voltage Surge arresters, Medium Voltage Surge arresters and High Voltage Surge arresters. The applications of this technology include the Industrial, Commercial and Household Applications.
The market has also been geographically segmented into the United States of America, Canada and the Rest of North America. The statistics in each of the countries in the region are estimated and projected to 2020.
The major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are ABB Ltd., Crompton Greaves, Eaton Corporation Plc, Emerson Electric, General Electric, Legrand S.A., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Raycap Corporation S.A., Schneider electric S.E., Siemens AG, Advanced Protection Technologies, Leviton Manufacturing, Littlefuse and Tripplite. The technology offers a huge potential for protecting devices all over the world.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the North America Surge Arresters Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on North America and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a North America and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America Surge Arresters Market on both North America and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the Surge Arresters market
8. Insights on the major countries / regions in which this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Markets Covered
3.3 Market Demand to 2020
3.4 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Drivers, Constraints & Opportunities
4.1.1 Highly sensitive electric systems
4.1.2 High demand for Electronic Appliances
4.2.1 Additional Cost of Installation
4.3.1 Large Scale Industrialization in Emerging Economies
5. Surge Arresters Industry Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
6.5 Degree of Competition
7. North America Surge Arresters Market Segmentation, by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.2 Major Regions
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199.2 Market Size and Forecast
188.8.131.52.2 Market Size and Forecast
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11.2 Market Size and Forecast
8. Surge Arresters Market Segmentation, by Voltage Type
8.1 Overview and Introduction
8.2 Low Voltage Surge Arresters
8.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
8.3 Medium voltage Surge Arresters
8.3.2 Market Size and Forecast
8.4 High Voltage Surge Arresters
8.4.2 Market Size and Forecast
9. Surge Arresters Market Segmentation, by Application
9.1 Overview and Introduction
9.2 Industrial Applications
9.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
9.3 Commercial Applications
9.3.2 Market Size and Forecast
9.4 Household Applications
9.4.2 Market Size and Forecast
10. Key Company Analysis
10.1 ABB Ltd.
10.2 Crompton Greaves
10.3 Eaton Corporation Plc.
10.4 Emerson Electric
10.5 General Electric
10.6 Legrand S.A.
10.7 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
10.8 Raycap Corporation S.A.
10.9 Schneider electric S.E.
10.10 Siemens AG
10.11 Advanced Protection Technologies
10.12 Leviton Manufacturing
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
11.3 Market Share Analysis
12.1 Contact Us