North America Secure Access Service Edge Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Secure Access Service Edge Market Analysis
- The North America Secure Access Service Edge(SASE) Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period (2022-2027). The market has expanded in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue. Due to its numerous advantages, secure access service edge architecture is becoming even more popular, contributing to its successful expansion.
- SASE can be integrated with functions that require extra hardware and software in legacy networks. The core functions include software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN), firewall as a service, Secure Web Gateway (SWG)s, Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), and zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA). The SASE model aims to consolidate these functions, traditionally delivered in siloed point solutions, into a single, integrated cloud service.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) devices, desktops, and increased smartphone penetration have changed the IT industry, and the demand for SASE across the IT industry is growing. To avoid cyber security threats and to keep secure access, SASE will be used.
- As 5G rolls out, end-user industries such as BFSI, IT & Telecom, Retail, Healthcare, Government, and Manufacturing will increase their use of IoT and automated wireless endpoint applications. This increases demand for the SASE market.
- Government agencies and federal and state organizations are arguably some of the world's most information technology-intensive sectors. The opportunities to leverage cutting-edge technology to improve service quality, realize affordability, and enhance the user experience are wide open. SASE and SD-WAN enable government IT leaders to create a more robust, reliable and trusted network infrastructure to operate efficiently and safely.
- Many public services are available to enterprises wishing to move applications to the cloud. Legacy approaches often require IT to support multiple service providers individually, leading to network complexity. But a unified SASE model enables secure access to multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments for all remote digital workspaces.
- The development of cloud security measures and authentication fraud drives growth in the SASE market. Major countries such as the United States, Canada, and Mexico are driving the growth of the secure access services edge market.
- COVID-19 influenced the secure access services edge market growth significantly. With the rising need for efficient networks and solutions due to remote working, the market will continue progressing throughout 2020 and 2021. With more individuals working from home, use cases for personally owned and corporate-issued devices and apps in the cloud are expected to grow further. The hybrid work environment will likely persist in the future, increasing the complexity of IT security and networking.
North America Secure Access Service Edge Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Secure Access Service Edge Market according to our research experts:
Cyber Security Threads drive growth opportunity towards the growth of the market
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, people started adopting the work-from-home mode and working through remote access. For instance, Cisco AnyConnect is a security endpoint agent that provides seamless, highly secure internet or corporate network access from any device, at any time, and in any location while safeguarding the organization. It also provides visibility and control for end-users to identify who and which devices are accessing the extended enterprise.
- Cisco AnyConnect's wide range of security services includes remote access, posture enforcement, web security features, and roaming protection. Cisco AnyConnect is utilized in IT and offers the security features necessary to provide a robust, user-friendly, and highly secure remote user experience.
- SASE solutions are critical in defending networks against ransomware attacks by securing data flows between an endpoint and resources connected to the internet. The SASE solution can detect and prevent the download of a malicious payload to a client device, as well as the connection of a client to known ransomware and bot command-and-control servers.
- For instance, Cisco Umbrella utilizes DNS layer security to block requests for malware, ransomware, phishing, and botnets before establishing a connection.
- The IT sector is shifting away from VPNs and must offer access for their users and third parties from any device, at any time, and from any location. The IT sector requires secure application access to the public cloud that is dependable, real-time, and context-sensitive. For example, IBM Security Services for SASE and Zero Trust shield end-user companies from the brand-new security realities. Access management is important, but it is doable with the use of SASE.
- For instance, Qantas, an international airline based in Australia, need a comprehensive security solution to safeguard its remote employees. Qantas deployed Cisco Umbrella, which can restrict access and enforce security measures anywhere and provides comprehensive insight into internet activity across all users, locations, and devices. Additionally, Cisco's next-generation firewalls were installed in place of the Qantas ASA firewalls.
BFSI is expected to be lead the market growth
- The adoption of SD-WAN in the BFSI vertical enables banking institutions to provide a wide range of services to their customers at reasonable costs. While connecting regional offices such as branch offices and data centers, the BFSI vertical faces bandwidth and security issues. The SASE platforms include security features that protect hybrid networks from unauthorized access.
- Mobile phones are one of the least secure entry methods, despite the growth of mobile banking and internet transactions. According to Nokia's 2021 Threat Intelligence Report, the number of new banking trojans, which also attempt to steal SMS messages with one-time passwords, increased by 80% year over year in the first half of the year. Banks and financial institutions must have secure access service edge solutions.
- The deployment of a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture on SD-WAN enables financial service providers to quickly integrate network access control and cybersecurity into a single platform. By utilizing SASE and a Connected Security strategy, which offers direct, safe access to cloud apps as well as unified visibility and policy control, organizations can manage network security across endpoints efficiently.
- SASE network design will help the banking industry protect crucial assets while preserving their functionality by integrating diverse systems and connecting security solutions to achieve the best results.
North America Secure Access Service Edge Industry Overview
- The secure access services edge market is expected to witness several strategic partnerships and initiatives such as expansion, collaboration, mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, and new technology implementation. In the SASE market, key players such as Cisco Systems Inc. and VMware Inc. are investing heavily in research and development and expansion plans.
- January 2021 - Cisco acquired Banzai Cloud, a solution-oriented application platform. This acquisition aims to expand Cisco's capabilities and expertise via its experience with comprehensive end-to-end cloud-native application development, runtime, deployment, and security workflows.
- August 2021 - IBM Security expanded its secure access service edge (SASE) partnership with Zscaler. This partnership aims to provide access to modern networks that deliver a fully managed transformation to a cloud-based SASE architecture, a key element of a zero trust security posture.
North America Secure Access Service Edge Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
Akamai Technologies Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Secure Access Service Edge Market News
- January 2022 - VMWare and BT partnership will provide multinational clients with more choices as they adopt cloud-first networking, security, and edge computing strategies. According to the agreement, BT will provide VMware Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) as a worldwide managed service to its clients, fusing VMware technology with BT's significant networking capabilities and in-depth security expertise.
- March 2021 - T&T partnered with Fortinet, Inc. to expand its managed security services portfolio and deliver managed SASE solutions to enterprises. The partnership envisaged combining SD-WAN functions with essential network security.
North America Secure Access Service Edge Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Need For a Single Network Architecture that combines SD-WAN, FWaaS, SWG, CASB, and ZTNA Capabilities
5.1.2 Lack of Security Procedures and Tools
5.1.3 Mandatory Compliance with Data Protection and Regulatory Legislation
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of knowledge on cloud resources, cloud security architecture, and SD-WAN strategy
5.2.2 Difficult in Accessing such dispersed data while managing and safeguarding these networks
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Offering Type
6.1.1 Network as a Service
6.1.2 Security as a Service
6.2 By Organization Size
6.2.1 Large Enterprises
6.2.2 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.3 By EndUser Vertical
6.3.2 IT & Telecom
6.3.7 Other End-User Industries
6.4.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.2 VMware Inc.
7.1.3 Fortinet Inc.
7.1.4 Akamai Technologies Inc.
7.1.5 Zscaler Inc.
7.1.6 Cloudflare Inc.
7.1.7 Versa Networks Inc.
7.1.8 Broadcom Corporation
7.1.10 Aryaka Networks Inc.
7.1.11 McAfee Corp.
7.1.12 Citrix Systems Inc.
7.1.13 Barracuda Networks, Inc
7.1.14 Verizon Communications, Inc.
7.1.15 Juniper Networks, Inc.
7.1.16 Aruba Networks
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
North America Secure Access Service Edge Market Research FAQs
What is the current North America Secure Access Service Edge Market size?
The North America Secure Access Service Edge Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.80% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in North America Secure Access Service Edge Market?
Cisco Systems Inc., vmware, Zscaler, Akamai Technologies Inc. and Fortinet Inc. are the major companies operating in the North America Secure Access Service Edge Market.
What years does this North America Secure Access Service Edge Market cover?
The report covers the North America Secure Access Service Edge Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the North America Secure Access Service Edge Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
North America Secure Access Service Edge Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 North America Secure Access Service Edge market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. North America Secure Access Service Edge analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.