|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Secure Access Service Edge Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 27.34% over the forecast period (2022-2027). The market has shown signs of strong expansion in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue. Due to its numerous advantages, secure access service edge architecture is becoming even more popular, which will contribute to its successful expansion.
- The Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) market has been growing significantly over the past several months. End customers desire networking and cybersecurity equipment that is easier to use. It has become obvious that the cloud consumption model is the intended end goal for cybersecurity as cloud-based security services like Cloudflare, Okta, and Zscaler have gained popularity.
- Moreover, Software-defined wide-area networking (SD-WAN) services were the foundation for tying networks and branches to the cloud on the enterprise networking side. Cloud-based networking and security are now combined. SASE is extending into SD-WAN. The need for SD-WAN, security integration, and cloud-based services will probably continue to grow for many years, driving the SASE market upward.
- Technology trends and improvements are changing the way connection services are offered, helping to meet the exponential rise in demand. The market continually adopts strategies and as-a-service business models that integrate software-defined networking capabilities with cloud-based network security tasks. In the near future, they will become more prominent.
- The market for secure access services at the edge will have more development possibilities as converged services are required to reduce complexity, increase speed, and enable multi-cloud networking. The development trajectory of the secure access service edge market will also benefit from enterprises' digital shift to the cloud. Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture is a corporate security architectural approach for networking. It is made to accommodate the workforce's requirement for quick application access.
- Further, multiple security solutions are being used by many enterprises as a result of the ongoing trend of moving from data centers to the cloud. Along with the migration trend toward the cloud, many businesses are unaware of the number of cloud resources used and how they are configured. Key identity-related security safeguards still aren't present in many companies. It is more difficult to protect cloud apps since this lack of visibility leads to misconfigurations that go unnoticed for a long time.
- The market for secure access service edge had a positive effect due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Following the COVID-19 pandemic, several governments worldwide implemented new methods for conducting business online. Digital company practices have subsequently replaced traditional business continuity plans for several firms (BCP). People are more inclined to employ digital technologies due to the growing usage of BYODs service edge and global internet penetration.
Scope of the Report
Secure Access Service Edge converges cloud networking with security for simplicity, scalability, flexibility, and pervasive security; by combining network security functions with WAN capabilities, SASE delivers secure, optimal, and automated access to applications and workloads in the cloud. SASE provides secure access from a single management platform, regardless of the location of users and applications.
The Global Secure Access Service Edge Market is Segmented By Offering Type (Network as a Service and Security as a Service), By Organization Size (Large Enterprises and Small and Medium Enterprises), By End User Vertical (BFSI, IT & Telecom, Retail, Healthcare, Government, and Manufacturing), and Geography.
|By Offering Type|
|Network as a Service|
|Security as a Service|
|By Organization Size|
|Small and Medium Enterprises|
|By End User Vertical|
|IT & Telecom|
|Middle East and Africa|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Adoption of Cloud Technologies to Drive the Market
- People are increasingly inclined to use digital technologies like cloud solutions due to the widespread use of BYOD devices, the WFH trend, and the internet penetration into every corner of the world, fueling the demand for cybersecurity measures to protect against cyberattacks. There is an increasing demand for endpoint and Virtual Private Network (VPN) protection measures to maintain strong security practices and policies.
- Organizations are adopting various security measures due to the ongoing transition from data centers to cloud services and the pressure it has placed on cloud services. Even more so when it comes to ensuring safe access to cloud services, monitoring all these security solutions is proving to be a challenging undertaking.
- The network security architecture is also weak and open to cyber-attacks despite including more protection measures. SASE framework can combine the SD-WAN capabilities with the network security characteristics of SWG, ZTNA, and FWaaS to create a platform that may be able to handle all of these issues. As a result, it is anticipated that SASE framework use would increase throughout the projection period.
- Massive growth prospects, such as securing the data of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) from security breaches and vulnerabilities, are anticipated for cloud-based data protection solutions and service providers. The demand for IT security is increasing, and cloud-based security solutions help satisfy that demand. SMEs are increasingly likely to use cloud-based security solutions, and cloud-based security service providers may take advantage of this trend by providing security solutions to businesses worldwide.
- For instance, it was prominent in large enterprises, where 72 % utilized cloud computing in 2021, up 7 % from 2020. The adoption of cloud computing by medium-sized businesses increased from 46% in 2020 to 53% in 2021. The utilization of cloud computing in small businesses rose by 5 %, pointing to 38%.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- There are prominent market players in the North American region, such as Cisco Systems, Inc., Vmware, Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Versa Networks, Inc., Akamai Technologies, etc., and they provide solutions to all of the region's industrial verticals. Aside from the geographic presence, strategic investments, collaborations, and large R&D operations are thereby influencing the extensive deployments of SASE systems.
- For instance, in April 2022, North America-based S-NET Communications, a national provider of cloud-based business communications and networking solutions, expanded its partnership with Versa Networks, a North America-based prominent player in secure access service edge (SASE), to serve better the needs of its expanding list of multi-location enterprise clients who require secure communications and networking. Versa SASE is now a part of S-NET Communications' portfolio of managed networking services.
- Moreover, North America is regarded as having the most developed market for SASE solutions due to the expansion of cloud security technologies and the growth in authentication frauds.
- According to the Identity Theft Resource Center Report, more data breaches were reported in the United States of America in 2021 than in any other year since the first state data breach disclosure statute went into effect in 2003. The total number of data breaches (1,862) is up 68 percent from 2020. The new record is 23 percent higher than the previous all-time high (1,506).
- Moreover, Asia Pacific is also anticipated to develop at a considerable CAGR throughout the projected period after North America. Due to large investments made by Chinese, Japanese, and Indian businesses to safeguard the security of their IT infrastructure, the regional market is expected to grow. The growing digital workforce and the continued adoption of the BYOD trend by organizations in the Asia Pacific region are further factors driving the secure regional access service edge market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Global Secure Access Service Edge Market is highly fragmented and has several significant players. Few key companies currently hold a large portion of the market, such as Cisco Systems, Vmware, Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Versa Networks, Inc., Akamai Technologies, etc. The players in the market are growing their consumer bases internationally to raise their market share and profitability.
- June 2022 - Telefonica, a Spain-based telecom company, expanded its partnership with Cisco by offering managed services for the company's SD-WAN, security, and secure access service edge (SASE) products through its Tech digital division, which caters to business networking requirements. Telefonica will integrate a security module from Cisco Umbrella into the service to facilitate such a link. The product will launch in Spain first, with plans to expand into additional European regions and Latin American nations.
- January 2022 - VMware and BT, a prominent international supplier of communications services, announced a partnership that will provide multinational clients more choices as they adopt a cloud-first strategy for networking, security, and edge computing. In accordance with the terms of the agreement, BT will provide VMware Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) as a worldwide managed service to its clients, fusing VMware technology with BT's significant networking capabilities and in-depth security expertise.
- December 2021 - The all-in-one SD-WAN and secure access service edge (SASE) services from Aryaka, a Cloud-First WAN and Security firm, are designed to speed up the adoption of cloud computing and boost organizational agility across a variety of industry segments.
- June 2022 - Cisco announced its unified security cloud platform to integrate security and networking services across hybrid multi-cloud environments for the entire IT ecosystem. The networking firm also officially named its secure access service edge (SASE) offerings Cisco+ Secure Connect Now and added a new Talos Intelligence On-Demand service.
- April 2022 - The Okyo Garde Enterprise Edition from Palo Alto Networks, which offers industry cybersecurity to shield enterprises from flaws in home networks, has been made generally available. Through a security subscription that includes Prisma Access and a Wi-fi 6 router, Okyo Garde Enterprise Edition enables businesses to expand Palo Alto Networks' SASE into the home network.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Need For a Single Network Architecture that combines SD-WAN, FWaaS, SWG, CASB, and ZTNA Capabilities
5.1.2 Lack of Security Procedures and Tools
5.1.3 Mandatory Compliance with Data Protection and Regulatory Legislation
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of knowledge on cloud resources, cloud security architecture, and SD-WAN strategy
5.2.2 Difficult in Accessing such dispersed data while managing and safeguarding these networks
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Offering Type
6.1.1 Network as a Service
6.1.2 Security as a Service
6.2 By Organization Size
6.2.1 Large Enterprises
6.2.2 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.3 By End User Vertical
6.3.2 IT & Telecom
6.3.7 Other End-users
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6.4.6 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems, Inc.
7.1.2 VMware, Inc.
7.1.3 Palo Alto Networks
7.1.4 Versa Networks, Inc.
7.1.5 Akamai Technologies
7.1.6 Cato Networks
7.1.7 Fortinet, Inc.
7.1.8 Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
7.1.9 Cloudflare, Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Secure Access Service Edge Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Global Secure Access Service Edge Market?
The Global Secure Access Service Edge Market is growing at a CAGR of 27.34% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Secure Access Service Edge Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Secure Access Service Edge Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global Secure Access Service Edge Market?
Cisco Systems, Inc., Vmware, Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Versa Networks, Inc., Akamai Technologies are the major companies operating in Global Secure Access Service Edge Market.