North America Online Dating Services Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||North America|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Online Dating Services Market Analysis
Over the past few decades, the dating service industry has experienced significant growth in terms of sales. This results from a rise in the number of single people globally, especially in North America. The increased use of internet services has increased the visibility of various online platforms for dating services. Due to the popularity of various online dating sites over the past few years, there has been a substantial increase in subscriptions.
- Online dating services and platforms offer quick matches between suitable partners in terms of outlook and way of life, making it simple for their customers to find their ideal partners quickly. The profitable services offered by these online dating services increase the target customers' enrollment or sign-up rate, which fuels the expansion of the regional dating services market.
- However, the industry must also deal with fraud and significant privacy and security risks. As the issue of fake online accounts grew, it became increasingly difficult for real-time users to establish conversations they could trust. These incidents also harm the standing of dating websites online. Therefore, fraud is one of the main issues preventing the growth of the global dating services market.
- One issue with technology is that because email addresses can be created in a matter of minutes, a dating profile can be launched with minimal effort. This can lead to fake profiles on some sites, used by people who don’t have finding a partner at the top of their list of priorities. They might be acting out of mischief, or phishing for personal details, such as online banking passwords.
- The market for online dating services has grown significantly as internet usage spreads increased in the region. This has opened up a huge window of opportunity for service providers to establish a following among their intended users by creating specifically tailored features to meet their requirements. The surge in internet penetration around the globe has resulted in significant growth of the online dating services market. This has created a tremendous opportunity for service providers to establish an accompanying among their intended clients by developing unique features that meet those needs.
- COVID-19 has positively affected the North American Online Dating Services market. Online dating has become just plain dating due to the increased use of social media during COVID-19. The rage of dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, and numerous others, to establish and uphold healthy relationships, dating apps, online games, and social media can all offer meaningful ways of connecting with others.
- According to Apptopia, the top dating app in the United States are Tinder and Bumble, which come out on top with the highest average DAU throughout the year with 5 million and 4.2 million, respectively. They are followed by Match with 1.3 million, Plenty of Fish with 1.1 million and Hinge with 670k. It is critical to note that all of these applications, except Bumble are owned by the Match Group.
North America Online Dating Services Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Online Dating Services Market according to our research experts:
Rapid innovation in service offerings is driving the market growth
- Online dating has become such a popular pastime, down to how technology has made this a convenient socializing platform. Singles can choose from thousands of websites or apps, which can be accessed via a web browser, allowing instant access to prospective partners.
- The matching feature is integral for any dating app. Artificial IntelligenceIntelligence makes the matching process much more tailored, accurate, and personalized. Before, in a dating application. The technology also helps to improve app security, as well as prevent fraud activities.
- The platforms people use to seek out romantic partners have evolved throughout history. This evolution has continued with the rise of online dating sites and mobile apps. For example, Tinder uses VecTec, a machine-learning algorithm paired with artificial Intelligence to generate personalized recommendations. The app uses ML to screen for potentially offensive messages automatically.
- The key market players are constantly working to create and provide new, personalized services to their users due to the rising consumer expectations, which further illustrates the potential for the market for online dating services to expand soon. Companies are expanding their services to cater to the increasing consumer needs, which has led to the integration of additional services on their platforms to attract more customers and gain traction in the market, positively impacting the market growth.
- For example, Tinder company owner Match Group has recently announced its quarterly dating revenue of the Match Group from the first quarter of 2018 to the first quarter of 2021. North American revenue amounted to USD 326.83 million in the most recently measured period. Match Group, formerly owned by IAC, owns and operates online dating platforms such as the eponymous Match.com, OkCupid, Tinder, PlentyofFish, and others.
- Technology made online dating completely safe because AI keeps all the threats away. Most risks members of online dating sites face today aren’t coming from. Internet dating gives the whole notion of dating and loves a dehumanizing state. The time-saving, efficient nature of online dating has become more important than actually finding a partner. Dating technology used in various apps ensures that the problem of finding a good match is eradicated. Unlike good old dating, these apps use relevant criteria like age, sexual preference, interests, and hobbies to find the perfect match, Location-based matching.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Growing Penetration of Smartphones and Mobile Devices in the United States
- The mobile revolution has significantly changed the American digital ecosystem. Over the past few decades, mobile devices have become a daily necessity for millions of American consumers, who use them for communication, information, and entertainment. Due to the rising popularity and accessibility of web-enabled smartphones and tablets, the number of mobile internet users in the United States has steadily increased, reaching an all-time high.
- Online dating has become the norm in the U.S. these days. Young, tech-savvy singles have embraced swiping for local dates, and it's become the most popular way to meet a future spouse in the U.S. According to Pew Research, a nonpartisan American think tank, younger age groups in the United States are the ones who own smartphones the most frequently. While 95% of adults between 18 and 49 have a smartphone, only 61% of adults 65 and older are smartphone owners.
- Social media dating service advertising is becoming more popular, assisting the market's expansion. To meet the demands of social media users worldwide, the social media landscape in the United States of America is constantly evolving, with new websites and applications appearing every day.
- The increasing number of adults having a smartphone has led the market to grow substantially. Furthermore, the percentage of U.S. adults who own a smartphone has more than doubled since 2011. According to Pew Research, only 35% of all U.S. adults owned a smartphone in 2011, compared to 85% of adults who owned a smartphone as of February 2021. The share of U.S. adults owning a smartphone increased by 50% over the highlighted period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Online Dating Services Industry Overview
Major players in the global market are concentrating on technological advancements and market expansions to meet the rising demand for North America Online Dating Services Market. Additionally, service providers are collaborating to create new strategies and aid end users.
- September 2021 - With the introduction of "Explore," a new section of the Tinder app that will include events like the return of the well-liked "Swipe Night" series as well as ways to find matches by interests and jump into quick chats before a match is made, Tinder is redesigning its app to place a greater emphasis on its social, interactive features. When taken together, the changes aid in moving Tinder further away from its origins as a quick match-based dating app and toward something more akin to a social network designed to assist users in meeting new people.
North America Online Dating Services Market Leaders
Match Group, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Online Dating Services Market News
- March 2022 - Match Group has announced that it is launching the latest addition to its dating services lineup with Stir, an app designed exclusively for single parents. With the new release, the company aims to address the 20 million single parents in the U.S. who are under-served by existing dating apps.
North America Online Dating Services Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Continuous Innovation in Service Offerings
5.1.2 Growing Penetration of Smartphones and Mobile Devices
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Security Concerns of Data Privacy
5.3 Analysis of major use-cases and case-studies
5.4 Key Regulations Monitoring the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type (Trend Analysis with coverage on number of users)
6.1.1 Non- paying online dating
6.1.2 Paying Online Dating
6.2 By Country
6.2.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Match Group, Inc.
7.1.2 Zoosk, Inc.
7.1.6 Elite Singles
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
North America Online Dating Services Market Research FAQs
What is the current North America Online Dating Services Market size?
The North America Online Dating Services Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in North America Online Dating Services Market?
Match Group, Inc., eharmony Inc., Hinge Inc., EliteSingles and Zoosk, Inc. are the major companies operating in the North America Online Dating Services Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in North America Online Dating Services Market?
North America is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in North America Online Dating Services Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the North America Online Dating Services Market.
North America Online Dating Services Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 North America Online Dating Services market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. North America Online Dating Services analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.