|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Global Online Dating Services Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% over the forecast period (2022-2027).
- The market demand has been evolving from its historical model of casually swiping based on photographs and biography to the need for more engaging features which allow establishing human connections through apps. Online dating services are moving towards including audio and video in the app to enable greater credibility and connectivity.
- People worldwide are looking for specific characteristics in their partners. Such characteristics include similar interests, like-mindedness, and others. Online dating helps them find people who share these characteristics, which is why online dating is becoming more popular. The market is expected to witness the introduction of new apps with the diversification of the grouping algorithm to target people based on their age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and other metrics and become more inclusive by allowing representation of all its users.
- Online dating is simple to use, convenient, quick, and requires less effort. Furthermore, it allows one to limit the number of people who can contact them by utilizing the various available features. As a result, it is widely used and propelling the market growth.
- The online dating services market was predominantly popular amongst developed nations, like the United States but is increasingly becoming relevant across geographies. The market has witnessed fast adoption in developing countries with easy access to smartphones and the internet.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the number of people using online dating platforms worldwide. Governments have imposed travel restrictions in several countries, as well as the closure of shops, malls, and cafes, has fueled the global adoption of online dating platforms.
Scope of the Report
Online dating services is a digital service that allows people to find and introduce themselves to potential connections via the Internet. Online dating services focus on casual contact and easy flirting among their members. The users normally carry out the search on their own by applying search filters with regard to criteria such as age, location, and other attributes.
Global Online Dating Services Market is Segmented by Type (Non-Paying Online Dating, Paying Online Dating) and Geography.
|By Type (Trend Analysis with coverage on number of users and penetration rate)|
|Non- Paying Online Dating|
|Paying Online Dating|
Key Market Trends
Increased Smartphone Penetration has Boosted the Download of Online Dating Apps
- One of the major reasons for the increase in online dating apps is the rising penetration of smartphones and other computer devices. The usage of smartphones has increased in both developed and developing countries giving rise to boosting the demand for online dating services as most of the applications work in real-time based locations.
- The penetration of smartphones is growing the fastest in the Asia Pacific region, especially in countries like India and China, because more people across the region are getting cheap and easy internet connectivity with every passing day.
- Hence the usage of smartphones enables the users to have more chances to expand their geographic reach and will be able to interact with people across different locations. As per World Bank Group, the penetration of mobile phones is highest in Europe, followed by North America and Asia Pacific region.
- Furthermore, the rise in internet penetration in the major parts of the globe has led to an increased usage of the online dating apps in their smartphones. This factor provides immense opportunity for dating service players to develop apps that are convenient to use on smartphones.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to hold largest Market share
- North America is expected to have the largest market share over the forecasted period, with the United States being a primary contributor to the increase in market revenue. The presence of well-established online dating platforms such as Tinder, Bumble, Badoo, and others is one of the market's driving factors.
- The players in the online dating services market have witnessed significant growth in the region, which is indicative of the large market demand for dating apps in the area. For instance, in North America, the average number of subscribers of Match Group online dating service providers was 4.1 million in 2018, which increased to 4.9 million in 2021.
- Furthermore, online dating websites in the region are developed to match couples with specific interests. For instance, eHarmony is one of the online dating websites that has around 15 million matches. Additionally, the significant advancements in website advertising tools and consumer interest tracing tools are further projected to contribute to market growth.
- The region's market has witnessed a rise in demand for the integration of advanced features, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, which includes the launch of Blind Date through virtual dating apps. However, the market has witnessed challenges in ensuring safety for several users as several female users from the region have raised concerns in the context of harassment. The studied market is expected to witness the integration of algorithms that put stringent measures to remedy any instance of abuse of the platform and harassment of its users.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Global Online Dating Services Market is competitive with diverse firms of different sizes. This market is anticipated to encounter several partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as organizations continue to invest strategically in offsetting the present slowdowns they are experiencing. The market comprises key solutions and service providers, such as Match Group, Inc.(Tinder), Bumble Inc, The Meet Group(Cupid Media Pty Ltd.), The Meet Group(eHarmony Inc.), and Match Group, Inc.(OkCupid).
- February 2022 - Bumble acquired Fruitz, a French dating app, to expand its footprint into Canada and Western Europe. The acquisition is aimed at the company's strategic expansion across borders.
- March 2022 - Match Group announced the launch of a dating app, Stir, in addition to its existing portfolio of Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Hinge, and others. The app is designed exclusively for single parents. With the new release, the company aims to address the 20 million single parents in the U.S. who are under-served by existing dating apps, the company says.
- February 2022 - Tinder is expanding its portfolio of features by introducing blind dates as it features a popular suite of Fast Chat designed to help members connect faster through fun, innovative prompts, and games.
- December 2021 - Bumble has introduced a new profile design and revamped the matchmaking algorithm, where users on the dating app can have access to view a person's bio, including interests below their first picture, to get an idea about the potential match right from the beginning.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the global online dating services market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Smartphone Penetration
5.1.2 As marriage agreements on matrimonial websites increase, the demand for matchmaking services.
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Rising fake accounts is set to create hurdles for the Online Dating Services Market.
5.3 Market Opportunities
5.3.1 Growing to high adoption of online dating services and increasing consciousness regarding appearance among population.
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type (Trend Analysis with coverage on number of users and penetration rate)
6.1.1 Non- Paying Online Dating
6.1.2 Paying Online Dating
6.2.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Match Group, Inc.(Tinder)
7.1.2 Bumble Inc
7.1.3 The Meet Group (Cupid Media Pty Ltd.)
7.1.6 Badoo Trading Limited
7.1.7 Kunlun Tech Co Ltd(Grindr LLC)
7.1.8 Spark Networks SE
7.1.11 Coffee Meets Bagel Inc
7.1.12 Love Group Global Ltd
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Online Dating Services Market market is studied from 2022 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Global Online Dating Services Market?
The Global Online Dating Services Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.9% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Online Dating Services Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Online Dating Services Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global Online Dating Services Market?
Match Group, Inc.(Tinder), Bumble Inc, The Meet Group(Cupid Media Pty Ltd.), HAPPN, TrulyMadly are the major companies operating in Global Online Dating Services Market.