North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market Analysis
The North American eye-tracking solutions market is anticipated to reach a CAGR of 19.7% over the forecast period. The increasing use of smart sensors for process control and decision-making and the rising demand for contactless biometrics, coupled with the growing adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Reality (AR) in consumer electronics & other commercial applications areas are expected to drive the market growth significantly. The industry has been gaining prominence due to the increasing adoption of vision-capturing technology in commercial spaces, particularly in industries and sectors including retail, healthcare, research, automotive, consumer electronics, government & defense, and security & surveillance.
- The increasing demand for contactless biometrics is a significant growth driver for the market. The biometric system is used mainly for security purposes in prison management systems and the defense sector. Defense organizations and police departments deploy iris biometric scanners to identify individuals to tighten their security arrangements.
- For instance, the Maine Department of Corrections in Washington, D.C., implemented iris scanning technology, a contactless technology that is much faster than fingerprint scanning technology. The technology is being used to track jail inmates, authenticate their identity before granting entry into restricted premises, and verify the identity of visitors.
- In January 2022, Omnivision, a global developer of semiconductor solutions, including advanced digital imaging, analog, and touch & display technology, and Tobii announced their partnership to advance solutions for vision in the Metaverse. The jointly-developed eye-tracking reference design is based on Omnivision's industry-leading BSI global shutter (GS) sensor family. It helps extended reality original equipment manufacturers (XR OEMs) speed time to market for high-demand XR consumer electronics products.
- Further, in September 2022, Tobii, a provider of eye-tracking solutions, formed an agreement with HeadVantage, a U.S.-based start-up working with NBC Sports and Sky Sports, to outfit athletes with microscopic cameras and sensors, incorporating eye-tracking technology. The collaboration allows sports fans to view through players' eyes, better comprehend the decision-making process, and assist athletes in training and improving in various sports.
- In October 2022, Meta presented the Meta Quest Pro at Meta Connect 2022. The company's yearly conference specializes in augmented and mixed reality. The Meta Quest Pro is the first item in Meta's new range of high-end gadgets. It has several advanced technologies, such as high-resolution detectors for mixed reality (MR) experiences, LCD screens, an entirely new design, eye-tracking, and natural facial expressions to make users' avatars in virtual reality (VR) mirror them more realistic.
- Further, the development in SaaS for the automotive sector boosted the studied market. For instance, in April 2023, Entegral announced the launch of Smart Assist, a vehicle claim assistance product designed for mobile device use in North America. This new SaaS (software as a service) offering puts more control directly into the customer's hands after a collision and, in the process, helps to digitize and automate the claims journey from the first notice of loss.
North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market Trends
Consumer Electronics to Account for Significant Market Share
- Increased affordability and popularity of consumer electronics have affected the growth of eye-tracking solutions. Consumer electronics such as laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and smartwatches require complex implementation of smart sensors for process control, driving the market's growth in the customer electronics segment.
- According to GSMA, the no. of smartphone subscribers in North America is anticipated to reach 328 million by 2025. Moreover, by the same period, the region may witness an increase in the penetration rates of mobile subscribers (86%) and internet users (80%). Owing to the rise in the adoption of smartphones over the past few years, the industry has witnessed an increase in touchscreens, proximity sensors, and camera modules. Designing these devices necessitates eye-tracking solutions, which are, thus, expected to generate demand for the market studied over the forecast period.
- Development in the consumer electronics market in the region will also drive the studied market. For instance, in January 2023, Samsung added new products to its customizable home appliances lineup. The announcement was made in Las Vegas before the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2023. Some of the products added to Samsung's Bespoke line of home appliances include the Bespoke AI Oven and a more comprehensive selection of Bespoke refrigerator types.
- Wearable technology based on AI is generating a high demand for the eye-tracking solutions market. The increasing awareness and acceptance of smart wearable devices encourage eye-tracking companies to invest in innovative design tools for developing these enhanced products.
- During the time of the pandemic, QuickLogic Corporation, a developer of ultra-low power multi-core voice-enabled SoCs and Endpoint AI solutions, showcased how its products enable AI-based voice control for Endpoint IoT and hearable and wearable applications, including EOS S3 Voice and Sensor Processing Platform.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- There is also an improved need for eye-tracking devices in the retail FMCG sector. Eye-tracking devices and their algorithms are utilized to understand consumer behavior at retail stores. The algorithms help resolve what product layout will likely prompt a purchase at a store, how long a customer spends browsing a product, and what packaging gives the most product details for the customer's benefit.
- In March 2023, WiMi Hologram Cloud Inc. announced that it is developing a collaborative eye-tracking data visualization system. With the development of digital image processing technology and computer-supported collaborative work, eye-tracking technology enables the sharing of eye-tracking data and the perception of collaborative information and can be applied to collaborative interaction.
- In January 2022, Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America, a tier one automotive supplier, unveiled their Augmented Reality HUD (AR HUD) 2.0, the first to include a new patented eye tracking system (ETS) enhancing the AR experience.
- Moreover, EyeTech Digital Systems, a provider of Health AI, announced the launch of EyeOn, an all-in-one, ultra-slim eye gaze tablet, during the Assistive Technology Industry Association conference in Orlando, FL. The EyeOn eye-tracking platform enables people with mobility and motor impairments to select, type, and speak entirely hands-free, using eye movement to control the device that measures just ' thick and weighs under 4.5 pounds.
- Further, in September 2022, Smart Eye announced that more than one million cars with Driver Monitoring System (DMS) software had been produced and sold globally. According to the company, out of the company's 14 automotive OEM customers, six have so far started series production of car models, including Smart Eye's innovative technology.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Eye Tracking Solutions Industry Overview
The North American eye-tracking solutions market is highly competitive. The market appears to be consolidated since only some players currently occupy the market's maximum share. Major players in the market are adopting strategies like product innovation etc. The market's major players are Tobii Technology, Inc., SR Research Ltd., Seeing Machines, Smart Eye Group, and EyeTechDigital Systems Inc.
In October 2022, VisualCamp, a member of the Born2Global Centre, an AI-based eye-tracking technology startup from Korea, launched its cashback application "Cashy" in the US on October 12, 2022. This launch enables VisualCamp to take the first step in expanding its eye-tracking technology into the e-commerce industry.
In April 2022, Tobii collaborated with NVIDIA to enhance VR image quality in VRSS2. After the integration, the company launched the HP Reverb G2 -an omniscient edition of HP's VR headset, and the headset has both Tobii Eye Tracking and NVIDIA VRSS 2.
North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market Leaders
SR Research Ltd.
Seeing Machines Inc.
EyeTech Digital Systems Inc.
Tobii Technology, Inc.
Smart Eye Group
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market News
- September 2022: HTC announced an expansion to the Vive Focus 3 ecosystem with new retrofitted add-ons allowing eye and face tracking when using its pro-focussed Vive Focus 3 headset. HTC expects that the trackers will help provide users with 'insightful data' by tracking and analyzing eye movement, attention, and focus for deeper user behavior analysis, however the greater use for those looking to use the HMD for design reviews and viewing CAD models, eye tracking also helps with GPU workloads, as foveated rendering prioritizes areas where the user is actually focused.
- March 2022: Tobii collaborated with Ready Player (an avatar platform that allows consumers to make a 3D avatar in many apps and games) and LIV (a game streaming company that enables creators to broadcast themselves live from inside VR) to create avatars more authentic and expressive in the Metaverse.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 An Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased adoption of Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality
5.1.2 Increasing adoption of eye tracking technology in commercial spaces
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Interoperability and system integration issues
6. TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 Solution Type
7.2 End-User Industry
7.2.1 Retail & Advertisement sector
7.2.2 Automotive & Transportation
7.2.3 Media & Entertainment
7.2.4 Aerospace & Defense
7.2.5 Consumer Electronics
7.2.6 Other End-user Industries
7.3.1 United States
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Tobii Technology, Inc.
8.1.2 SR Research Ltd.
8.1.3 Seeing Machines
8.1.4 Smart Eye Group
8.1.5 EyeTechDigital Systems Inc.
8.1.6 Mirametrix Inc.
8.1.7 iMotions A/S
8.1.8 Gazepoint Research Inc.
8.1.9 Eyegaze Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
9. MARKET OUTLOOK
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market size?
The North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market is projected to register a CAGR of 19.7% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market?
SR Research Ltd., Seeing Machines Inc., EyeTech Digital Systems Inc., Tobii Technology, Inc. and Smart Eye Group are the major companies operating in the North America Eye Tracking Solutions Market.
North America Eye Tracking Solutions Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 North America Eye Tracking Solutions market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. North America Eye Tracking Solutions analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.