With the growing demand for non-alcoholic beverages, the North America Coffee Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.8%, during the forecast period 2018-2023. With the increase in the demand for non-alcoholic drinks and prominence of high end coffee served by global coffee chains like Starbucks, The Coffee bean, Tea Leaf, and others, North America’s coffee market is set to grow exponentially.
The trend for coffee in North America is marked by innovative coffee products and means of serving, by various cafes and restaurants. Moreover, innovative packaging of coffee adds to the trend of consuming and gifting coffee. Further, the wide application of coffee in various products like cookies, cakes, chocolates, and others is driving North America’s coffee market.
However, price fluctuations of coffee beans and adverse climatic changes can negatively affect the supply of coffee. Moreover, with the growing health consciousness among people, the consumption of coffee is hindered, as it contains caffeine which might not be good for health.
The ready-to-drink coffee segment certainly presents an opportunity in Mexico, due to its heavy demand consequent to the changing lifestyle towards convenience foods. Moreover, whole beans are becoming a premium product, particularly in retail, where the consumers of whole bean coffee are often more keen on quality rather than convenience.
North America’s coffee market is segmented on the basis of variety, product type, flavor, process, and geography. Arabica holds the highest share among the varieties of coffee. Whole beans coffee and ready to drink coffee are gaining momentum in North America’s coffee market.
Canada is more competitive than the United States, as companies, such as, Second Cup, Blenz, and Van Houtte are trying to make their mark along with Starbucks, by offering various services and coffee flavors.
March 2018 - American coffee chain Starbucks has lined up three stores for its debut in Calcutta, India, on Wednesday, making this the company's biggest opening in a single market, since it came to India five-and-a-half years ago.
Major Players: Blenz, Dunkin' Donuts, Eight O' Clock Coffee, Folgers, J. M. Smucker, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Keurig Green Mountain, Kraft Foods, Kraft Heinz, Maxwell House, Nescafe, Second Cup, Starbucks, and Van Houtte, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors driving the current market scenario, along with growth opportunities, during the forecast period
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces, that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increasing Demand for Non-Alcoholic Drinks
3.1.2 Wide Application in the Food & Beverage Industry
3.1.3 Increasing Trend of Cafes and Restaurants
3.2.1 Price Fluctuations of Coffee Beans
3.2.2 Climate Change Leading To Supply Shortage
3.2.3 Adverse Health Effects by Consuming Coffee
3.3.1 Innovations in Coffee Products and Services
3.3.2 Demand for Ready to Drink Coffee and Organic Coffee
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Variety
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.2 Ground Coffee
4.2.3 Instant Coffee
4.3 By Flavor
188.8.131.52 Irish Cream
4.4 By Process
5. By Geography
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Dunkin' Donuts
7.3 Eight O' Clock Coffee
7.5 J. M. Smucker
7.6 Jacobs Douwe Egberts
7.7 Keurig Green Mountain
7.8 Kraft Foods
7.9 Kraft Heinz
7.10 Maxwell House
7.12 Second Cup
7.14 Van Houtte