The market for North America 3D/4D technology was valued at USD 42.79 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 151.82 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 28.82% during the forecast period 2015-2020. 3D/4D technology products provide such flexibility, even in the most complex work environments. Digital era has completely taken over traditional products with highly effective 3D platforms ruling the roost and increasing end user attractiveness. The use of this technology helps in generating important and accurate information before the final production, in order to avoid the flawed outcome, thus reducing production cost and time. Incorporating new and advanced products into the existing work environment, to simplify a particular job is becoming an important tool to enhance business process efficiency.
Increasing applications of 3D printing being implemented in the automotive & aerospace verticals, and the increasing investments in R&D over the years with high-end innovations, act as strong motivators accelerating the growth of this market. The major opportunities opening new avenues of growth for companies are the advancements in 4D technology, the surge in the usage of 3D technology in healthcare and increasing adoption of autostereoscopic display in 3D advertising. The major factors hampering the growth of the market are the high costs associated with the products.
The market is segmented on the basis of products, verticals, and regions. U.S accounts a lion's share and is the major contributor to North America's growth, followed by Canada and others. Entertainment & media industry holds a firm grip with various products being used and meeting consumers demand in countries like U.S followed by consumer electronics and others. 3D displays (dominated by 3D TVs) occupy a major share of the market with its top-seeded performance, and will continue to show its prominence during the forecast period followed by 3D animation, 3D cinema, and others.
Some of the key players mentioned in this report are:
- 3D systems corporation
- Autodesk Inc.
- Barco N.V
- Dolby Laboratories
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North America 3D/4D technology market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America 3D/4D technology market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key Findings
2. Executive Summaryâ€¨
3. Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliersâ€¨
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat from new entrantsâ€¨
3.3.4 Threat from substitute productsâ€¨
3.3.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
3.4 Industry Policies
4. Technology Snapshotâ€¨
4.1 Trends in 3D Technology
4.2 Trends in 4D Technology
4.3 Applications of 3D/4D Technology
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increasing applications of 3D printingâ€¨
5.1.2 Increased investment in R&D expected to boost market growth
5.2.1 High Product Associated Costs and availability of 3D printing materials
5.2.2 Lack of 3D Content
5.3.1 Growing advancement in 4D Technology â€¨
5.3.2 Increasing usage of 3D Technology in Healthcare
5.3.3 Increasing adoption of auto stereoscopic display in 3D advertising
6. North America 3D/4D Technology Products Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends
6.1 By Products
6.1.1 3D Sensorsâ€¨
6.1.2 3D Integrated Circuits
6.1.3 3D Transistors
6.1.4 3D Printer
6.1.5 3D Gaming
6.1.6 3D Imaging
6.1.7 3D Display
18.104.22.168 3D Televisionâ€¨
22.214.171.124 3D Smartphone
126.96.36.199 3D Digital Signage
188.8.131.52 3D Projectorâ€¨
184.108.40.206 Head Mounted Display
220.127.116.11 3D Glass
6.1.8 3D Navigation
6.1.9 3D Animation
6.1.10 3D Cinema
6.2 By Vertical
6.2.2 Entertainment & Media
6.2.6 Consumer Electronics
6.3 By Country
6.3.1 United States
7. North America 3D/4D Technology - Vendor Market Share Analysisâ€¨
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 3D Systems Corporation
8.2 Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
8.3 LG Electronics Inc.
8.4 Barco N.V.
8.5 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
8.6 Autodesk, Inc.â€¨
8.7 Stratasys, Inc.
8.8 Panasonic Corporation
8.9 Sony Corporation
8.10 Dreamworks Animation SKG, Inc.
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitionsâ€¨
9.2 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
9.3 Role of Business Accelerators
10. Future of North America 3D/4D Technology Market