3D & 4D Technology Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
3D & 4D Technology Market Analysis
The Global 3D and 4D technology Market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 17.54% during the forecast period. 3D and 4D technology are swiftly gaining popularity in various industries like healthcare, entertainment, education, manufacturing, automotive, and others due to their advanced visual effects, animations, and graphics capabilities. The 3D and 4D technologies provide a comprehensive platform for hand-drawn animation and physical impact. As a result of their superior technology, the adoption of 3D and 4D technologies has accelerated, which is likely to propel the market's growth.
- The increasing demand for 3D sensors in consumer electronics and the growing adoption of 3D sensors in the automotive industry is anticipated to drive the market's growth during the forecast period.The home gaming industry offered one of the first practical application of 3D sensing for consumers, with time of flight (ToF) sensors capturing the movements and gestures of players to create a new interactive gaming experience. However, the arrival of 3D sensing is most noticeable in today’s smartphone technology. User-facing 3D scanning enhances security through facial recognition, while world-facing 3D sensing creates new opportunities for high-performance depth-sensing photography and augmented reality. As the demand for 3D camera technology grows, illumination sources, LAS filters, and engineered diffuser production volumes are expected to soar.
- Further, biometric scanning and other 3D sensing applications are redefining the world of consumer electronics. Tablets and laptops are expanding on mobile devices' AR/VR, motion sensing, and security innovations. For instance, the gesture recognition capabilities of Microsoft Kinect that revolutionized the home gaming industry expanded to multi-player 3D position sensing, facial expression detection, and touchless heart rate monitoring.
- Face recognition functions have been added to 3D sensing applications, enhancing the security of laptop computers and mobile devices while boosting digital photo quality and resolution. Further, biometric scanning and other 3D sensing applications are redefining the world of consumer electronics. Tablets and laptops are expanding on mobile devices' AR/VR, motion sensing, and security innovations. For instance, the gesture recognition capabilities of Microsoft Kinect that transformed the home gaming industry expanded to multi-player 3D position sensing, facial expression detection, and touchless heart rate monitoring.
- In March 2021, Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) introduced new 3D sensor technology in its Automated Line Management System (AQMS) to manage and minimize queue wait times to less than 10 minutes. The AQMS uses Internet of Things (IoT) technology to correctly measure the number of people in a specific area, proactively monitor congestion and overcrowding, and inform ground employees for appropriate intervention to reinforce and comply with service level standards and SOPs (SOP). The AQMS serves as the airport's most recent preventive strategy in preventing the COVID-19 pandemic by ensuring safe physical separation and compliance with the new standards.
- Manufacturing with mixed materials or technological products (such as circuit boards) is still in production. 3D printed products are made of layers, which are not as strong as parts produced by conventional techniques, such as injection molding. Manufacturers are currently limited in the size of products they can make with 3D printing. The technology’s ability to revolutionize mass production manufacturing is still a long way off. Even today, 3D printers are still largely used for making one-off prototypes or small-scale print runs. Hence, the cost, availability, and material issues associated with 3D printing technologies hinder the market's growth.
3D & 4D Technology Industry Segmentation
Technologies that use 3D visual representations to produce real-life or different virtual experiences. Such experiences range from technological overlap to fully immersive reality gadgets.
4D technology operates in all four conventional dimensions. It is a key notion in physics that, although referring to three-dimensional space (3D), also includes the dimension of time in addition to the other three dimensions (which are length, width, and depth).
The scope of the study focuses on the market analysis of 3d and 4D technology sold across the World, and market sizing encompasses the revenue generated through 3D and 4D technology products sold by various market players. The study also tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the industry, which supports the market estimations and growth rates over the forecast period. the study further analyzes the overall impact of Covid-19 on the ecosystem. The scope of the report encompasses market sizing and forecast for segmentation by Products, by End User Vertical and geography
|3D Integrated Circuits|
|By End-User Industry|
|Entertainment & Media|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East & Africa|
3D & 4D Technology Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the 3D & 4D Technology Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Applications of 3D Printing Across Various End-user Industries
- 3D printers are used in numerous industries, including education, aerospace, healthcare, and non-custom prototyping. Further, 3D printing technology can also be employed to develop new manufacturing processes. The market is anticipated to benefit from innovative 3D and 4D-made shoes. The 4D cushioning in shoes is a contemporary creation for professional athletes and ordinary exercise consumers.
- Further, the potential of metal-based 3D printing would allow for the creation of rare, discontinued replacement parts in numerous applications. Repair shops could handle a variety of clientele, and online retailers may be able to print unique parts, providing more products through a just-in-time inventory approach.
- The automobile industry is rapidly using 3D printing to prototype new car models. It is also used to produce spare and replacement parts in aerospace-related sectors. Further, healthcare has a wide variety of 3D printing applications ranging from molds in dentistry to prosthetics and 3D printed models for complex surgeries. It is promising to prevent card-present fraud in point-of-sale systems and ATMs. For instance, banks are now using 3D printing to design and produce ATM components that contain credit card skimming.
- In March 2022, Anycubic, a 3D printer manufacturer, announced its Anycubic Kobra series and Anycubic Photon M3 series of 3D printers, featuring advanced Anycubic LeviQ auto bed leveling technology and Anycubic LighTurbo matrix light source that provides a radically improved user-friendly experience and enhanced print details. The Kobra Max 3D printer features a build volume of 17.7 x 15.7 x 15.7. / 45 x 40 x 40 cm (HWD), which enables large-scale objects to be printed easily.
- In March 2022, The United States-based 3D printer manufacturer 3D Systems entered a partnership with artificial intelligence (AI) medical firm Enhatch to design and deliver patient-specific medical devices more efficiently. The companies will combine their respective expertise and technologies to create an optimized, automated, and scalable workflow for fabricating medical devices through the partnership.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is One of the Prominent Region for Market Growth
- The United States is one of the pioneers in adopting 3D and 4D technology and is expected to hold a prominent share in the 3D technology market. Furthermore, Growing incidences of chronic illnesses leading to organ and tissue transplants and a limited number of organ donors are among the primary factors driving the market growth.
- According to the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN), about 7500 people die while waiting for an organ transplant. Further, over 107,501 people in the country were waiting for an organ transplant as of April 2021. This shortage could be reduced by using 3D bioprinting to counter the increasing need for transplants.
- In February 2021, LeddarTech, a prominent player in Level 1-5 ADAS and AD sensing technology, announced the availability of Leddar PixSet, a sensor dataset for ADAS and autonomous driving research and development. The dataset includes full-waveform data from Leddar Pixell, a 3D solid-state flash LiDAR sensor. The datasets offered free of charge for academic and research purposes are expected to further the device development, thereby driving market growth.
- According to an update in March 2021, Scientists from the University at Buffalo developed a rapid new 3D bioprinting method that could represent a significant step toward fully printed human organs. The researchers developed a vat-SLA-based approach to reduce the time to create cell-laden hydrogel structures from 6 hours to 19 minutes. The updated bio-fabrication method has enabled the production of embedded blood vessel networks, making it a significant step towards efficiently creating 3D-printed organs.
- In August 2022, According to an MIT announcement from a research team, the "first digitally made plasma sensors" for orbiting spacecraft have been produced. The sensors often referred to as retarding potential analyzers (RPAs), are utilized by satellites to ascertain the atmospheric composition's chemical make-up and ion energy distribution. Hardware that was 3D printed and made using lasers performed on par with modern semiconductor plasma sensors made in a cleanroom.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
3D & 4D Technology Industry Overview
The 3D 4D Technology Market is highly competitive and is currently dominated by a few players in their respective industries with technological expertise. The global market is expected to be consolidated in nature, and the major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries by leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and profitability. 3D Systems Corporation, Dolby Laboratories, Inc., LG Electronics Inc., Barco N.V., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Autodesk, Inc., Stratus's, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, and Sony Corporation are some of the major players present in the current market.
- June 2022 - The MLX9042x series is a new addition to Melexis' 3D magnetic position sensor product line. These sensors are designed for automotive customers on a budget that wants absolute position measurement in challenging, noisy situations over a wide temperature range. Customers working on applications like powertrain actuators, transmission sensors, pedal position sensors, and chassis sensors are the main target audience for the solutions. The advancements they permit will likewise help industrial customers.
- February 2022 - The "AZ600" wire-laser metal 3D printer from Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, which melts welding wire with a laser beam to produce high-quality 3D structures, will be available in two models, according to the company. Stable, high-quality 3D printing is made possible by digital additive manufacturing technology's simultaneous 5-axis spatial control and coordinated control of machining settings. Additionally, it promotes the development of repairs for the maintenance of specialized parts for autos, ships, and aircraft by lowering energy consumption, conserving resources by speeding up processing, and using highly effective production techniques like "near-net-shape" and more.
3D & 4D Technology Market Leaders
3D Systems Corporation
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
LG Electronics Inc.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
3D & 4D Technology Market News
- June 2022 - As the first step in its plans to establish an orbiting satellite factory, the European aerospace corporation Airbus will send a metal-crafting 3D printer to the International Space Station next year. Metals that melt at temperatures of up to 2,100 degrees Fahrenheit can be used with the Metal3D printer. According to a statement from Airbus, it will be the first metal 3D printer on the space station and give astronauts the ability to produce tools and radiation shields.
- February 2022 - Huawei patented a smartphone that has a 3D camera with three sensors for skin health analysis. The phone can accurately measure faces and evaluate skin health from a portrait photo or a selfie taken with its primary camera.
3D & 4D Technology Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Applications of 3D Technology Across Various End-User Industries
4.3.2 Increasing Demand for 3D Technology in the Entertainment Industry
4.3.3 Increased Investment in R&D to Drive Development of Cost-Effective 3D Technology
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Product Associated Costs and Availability of 3D Printing Materials
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Products
5.1.1 3D Sensors
5.1.2 3D Integrated Circuits
5.1.3 3D Transistors
5.1.4 3D Printer
5.1.5 3D Gaming
5.1.6 Other Products
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.2 Entertainment & Media
5.2.4 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 3D Systems Corporation
6.1.2 Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
6.1.3 LG Electronics Inc.
6.1.4 Barco N.V.
6.1.5 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
6.1.6 Autodesk, Inc.
6.1.7 Stratus's, Inc.
6.1.8 Panasonic Corporation
6.1.9 Sony Corporation
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
3D & 4D Technology Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Global 3D 4D Technology Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Global 3D 4D Technology Market?
The Global 3D 4D Technology Market is growing at a CAGR of 17.54% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global 3D 4D Technology Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Global 3D 4D Technology Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global 3D 4D Technology Market?
3D Systems Corporation, Dolby Laboratories, Inc., LG Electronics Inc., Barco N.V., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. are the major companies operating in Global 3D 4D Technology Market.
Global 3D 4D Technology Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global 3D 4D Technology market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global 3D 4D Technology analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.