Modular Data Center Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Europe|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Modular Data Center Market Analysis
The Modular Data Center Market size was estimated at USD 25.55 billion in the current year. The market is expected to reach USD 60.41 billion in five years, registering a CAGR of 18.78% during the forecast period.
Disaggregated data center solution units facilitate the building of the IT infrastructure. A modular approach can be applied at the level of data centers or a more general level.
- Modular architecture can support more than one workload to meet the needs of businesses as organizations continue to use cloud-based dispersed technologies. To meet the growing demand for cloud, mobile, and social analytics, these transportable data centers offer an effective, cost-efficient way of protecting computer performance while leaving no more floor space.
- This market's growth is driven by the high demand for environmentally friendly data centers. Green data centers use energy-efficient management methods and technology, providing enterprises with little environmental impact and optimum efficiency. Modular data centers are highly requested because of increased energy consumption and environmental protection requirements laid down by governments worldwide. One of the most significant advantages of modular data centers is that, compared to traditional data centers, they consume less power and are more energy-efficient, allowing them to meet companies' intrinsic requirements for lower energy usage.
- In the high-volume data center segment, there is a clear need for rapid infrastructure deployment in comparatively very dense configurations with an emphasis on energy and heat efficiency. We will likely see a much more significant module growth in this segment than conventional approaches.
- Regarding installation speeds and low capex, Modular Data Centres represent a challenge to traditional brick-and-mortar data centers. But, traditional data centers are likely to remain a reality, and some applications may be more suitable for modular data centers.
- The largest global investors are focusing on the market for digital infrastructure, with the extraordinary demand for capital to boost the data economy. The interest of investors remains high even during the COVID-19 situation. The investments in data centers increased after the growth of hyperscale computing. As the demand for modern, flexible, and scalable data centers increases, investments in data centers are expected to create opportunities to adopt modular data centers.
Modular Data Center Market Trends
IT Sector to Hold Significant Market Growth
- Due to the growing number of companies that provide cloud, colocation, and Web hosting services, demand from IT firms for modular data centers is increasing. The significant factor driving the continued growth of this segment is an ever growing number of enterprises adopting cloud computing.
- By providing secure and compliant data centers with adequate access to the world's top telecommunications operators and cloud computing services providers, studied market players help IT companies achieve hybrid IT success. The information and communications technology industry seeks the fastest possible response time and provides services for Modular and micromodular data centers with much to offer.
- A trend is emerging worldwide, such as enterprises adopting modular data centers due to security concerns. The Modular Data Centre Market in the Information Technology sector has been positively influenced by an increasing demand for data storage and its robust and efficient processing.
- Based on the size of Chinese IT companies, private storage facilities and large-scale data centers are required. Furthermore, cloud storage selection has steadily increased over time due to the growing number of Software Service Providers, enabling them to improve their capacity and create demand for data centers. SaaS platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) are among China's three major cloud computing categories. This fuels the demand for more data centers.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America accounts for the Significant Market Share
- The demand for new data center infrastructure in this region is triggered by the growth of Mobile Broadband, increased levels of Big Data Analytics, and cloud computing. Many data centers are present in North America, with many companies switching from hardware to software-based services, and it is estimated that this market will be a potential target for data center installation.
- Organizations are looking for modular services that allow them to select the desired service in an integrated portfolio to optimize infrastructure. Several service options are available from the online catalogs as part of a standardized deployment. These options offer the possibility of lowering an initial investment for companies. An excellent example of this situation is the IBM Integrated Managed Infrastructure Service.
- Moreover, the size and scope of next-generation modular data centers will significantly change due to the penetration of Big Data and the Internet of Things in this region. Given the existing competition, IT scalability and capacity need to be developed by organizations. Modular data centers are gaining momentum, given their flexibility to install a facility in the least time due to an exponential growth of data, coupled with hybrid cloud and outsourcing third-party data centers.
- Additionally, the increasing penetration of IoT is driving the demand for edge data centers. Many companies are taking advantage of IoT for applications ranging from retail to healthcare, and the amount of data generated is enormous.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Modular Data Center Industry Overview
The modular data center market is fragmented, where competition tends to increase and consists of several major players. Few of the major players currently dominate the market, and these major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. Further, new players enter this market through strategic collaborative initiatives catering to intense rivalry. Key players are IBM Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, etc.
In February 2023, Vertiv Co. introduced the Vertiv MegaMod and Vertiv MegaMod Plus, a turnkey prefabricated modular (PFM) data center solution, deployable in expandable units of 0.5 or 1 megawatts for IT loads up to 2 megawatts or more. The high-quality prefabricated modules are integrated and tested with industry-leading Vertiv power management systems, thermal management solutions, remote monitoring, and IT equipment racks to deliver exceptional performance and help companies reduce deployment time by up to 40% compared to a traditional data center build. The solutions are now available across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
In September 2022, Vertiv offered modular data centers and infrastructure options by introducing Vertiv Prefab Data Centres in India. Integrated solutions can be adapted to IT asset deployment and provide a simple way to install capacity quickly. Simple scalability is also offered, enabling the data center operator to start with a solution that meets Immediate needs and then scale up as needed. Vertiv uses its prefabricated modular data centers' key power and temperature management capabilities and monitoring and control technologies.
Modular Data Center Market Leaders
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
Dell EMC (Dell Technologies)
Baselayer Technology LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Modular Data Center Market News
- June 2023: Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced an expanded partnership with Equinix to extend the HPE GreenLake private cloud portfolio at Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers. Hewlett Packard Enterprise will pre-provision HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Enterprise and HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Business Edition at strategic Equinix data centers around the world, giving customers rapid access to a broad range of private cloud offerings for more incredible speed, agility, flexibility, and choice in their hybrid cloud strategy.
- November 2022: Huawei has introduced two new additions to its Smart Modular Data Center and SmartLi uninterruptible power supply (UPS) series -FusionModule2000 6.0, a modular small/medium-sized data center solution, and UPS2000-H, a small-footprint power supply solution running on SmartLi Mini and These new solutions will allow channel partners to take a competitive edge in the market while providing an efficient way of driving green digitalization for businesses cost-effectively.
Modular Data Center Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables & Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Mobility and Scalability of Modular Data Centers
5.1.2 Disaster Recovery Advantages
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Data Centers Facing Power Efficiency and Sustainability Issues along with Power and cooling
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Solution and Services
6.1.1 Function Module Solution (Individual Function Module and All-in-One Function Module)
6.2.1 Disaster Backup
6.2.2 High Performance/ Edge Computing
6.2.3 Data Center Expansion
6.2.4 Starter Data Centers
6.3 End User
6.3.5 Other End Users (Healthcare, Retail, Defense, etc.)
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 IBM Corporation
7.1.2 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
7.1.3 Dell EMC
7.1.4 HPE Company
7.1.5 Baselayer Technology LLC
7.1.6 Vertiv Co.
7.1.7 Schneider Electric SE
7.1.8 Cannon Technologies Ltd
7.1.9 Rittal Gmbh & Co. KG
7.1.10 Instant Data Centers LLC
7.1.11 Colt Group SA
7.1.12 Bladeroom Group Ltd.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Modular Data Center Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Modular Data Center Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Modular Data Center Market?
The Modular Data Center Market is growing at a CAGR of 18.78% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Modular Data Center Market?
Europe is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018-2028.
Which region has largest share in Modular Data Center Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Modular Data Center Market?
IBM Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Dell EMC (Dell Technologies), Baselayer Technology LLC, HPE Company are the major companies operating in Modular Data Center Market.
Modular Data Centers Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Modular Data Center market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Modular Data Center analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.