Mobile Learning Market Size
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 76.08 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 230.12 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Mobile Learning Market Analysis
The Mobile Learning Market size is estimated at USD 76.08 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 230.12 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 24.78% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The rapid adoption of electronic devices in educational institutions, increasing investment in information technology, and growing adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) culture are some of the major factors driving the growth of the mobile learning market.
- The recent advancements in digital learning solutions owing to the higher penetration of mobile devices have empowered learners with access to material, irrespective of their location, by erasing boundaries and introducing interactive means through which the overall learning experience has been enhanced. Moreover, the information is being presented in a more effective way by using numerous types of digital media, which helps in better understanding and retention of concepts.
- According to a recent HP India report, 63% of respondents in the country believed that digital learning is much more effective in fuelling their children's creative thinking, and 57% of the respondents believed that experiential learning could enable better comprehension. Additionally, owing to this reason, parents are willing to spend on learning apps for their child's education, which is expected to drive the market.
- Schools and training centers are also moving from their traditional blackboard approach to integrating smart technology into learning environments. At the university level, institutions are adopting innovative methods, such as smart learning, to provide alternative pathways and opportunities for students to develop relevant and valuable skills in line with industry requirements.
- A survey conducted by Project Tomorrow (a non-profit organization) worldwide on digital learning with a sample size of more than 4 lakh stakeholders revealed that digital learning led to an increase in student engagement, enabled teachers to introduce new forms of learning styles, and reduced the overall time taken by students to digest information. Additionally, according to Promethean's recent study, the majority of teachers believe that educational technology accelerates learning in their classrooms (82%).
- With the proliferation of mobile devices, such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets, the BYOD trend is increasingly growing in schools, transforming the way students learn and how, where, and when they consume educational information.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 impacted multiple industries across the world, and the education industry is not an exception. The pandemic had huge economic consequences, and it also had a significant impact on global education. According to the data released by UNESCO, around 1.3 billion learners across the globe were not able to attend their schools as of inital pandemic stage. Multiple schools, colleges, and universities were closed across the world in order to slow down the virus spread.
Mobile Learning Market Trends
Corporate Segment Would Experience Significant Growth and Drive the Market
- Mobile learning is a rapidly growing area for training and development departments in organizations of all industries. Most corporate companies adopt technology-aided learning, which enables learners to create, store, and deliver innovative ideas at the workplace. According to the study, organizations that rely on mobile learning solutions saw a 16% boost in productivity and improvements in the creativity and loyalty of their employees.
- A survey conducted by IBM India among CIOs, CMOs, CTOs, and other decision-makers across various verticals indicated that about 57% of enterprises are planning to invest in BYOD and mobile technology. In comparison, 67.4% expressed personal interest in owning this technology, which reflects the growth of mobile learning in the corporate segment.
- In order to reduce training costs, most corporate organizations have reduced the hiring of trainers and started adopting mobile learning solutions such as Massively Organized Open Courses (MOOCs), which are offered by private content providers such as Coursera, Udacity, Khan Academy, etc. at a lower expense.
- Additionally, many corporate organizations are trying to implement mobile learning solutions to offer training that can be taken on the go and within the users' workflow. The flexibility of the training resides on the user's hand, and they can learn at their own pace and convenience and ultimately gain expertise in an effective manner.
Asia Pacific is Expected to Experience Significant Growth
- Asia Pacific countries are expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the mobile learning market. The adoption of mobile learning solutions is explicitly deployed in this region to determine the power of innovative learning methodologies; the intrinsic strength and rapid economic growth are aiding this region in becoming one of the fastest-growing education markets internationally.
- Moreover, rapid internet growth in multiple countries owing to the availability of bandwidth, cost-effective data plans, and increased awareness has also led to the digital adoption of various sectors, including education, and is thereby driving the market. Moreover, according to the GSMA, the percentage of mobile internet users in Asia-Pacific increased from 45 percent in 2018 to 49 percent in 2022.
- Many Western companies are looking for qualified graduates in China to meet the growing demand for skilled employees. Recent studies show that although there is a significant focus on academics, there is a considerable shortfall of qualified personnel in the country. To tackle this issue, China started a Smart Education China initiative, which aims at increasing the qualification of graduates in China in the medium term to meet the growing demand for qualified personnel.
- Furthermore, the growth of the massive open online courses (MOOC) in the region is anticipated to boost the growth of the market studied. For instance, according to a report on China's smart education issued in February 2023, the State Council Information Office (SCIO) in China reports that there are currently more than 64,500 MOOCs available in the country. The World Digital Education Conference started in Beijing with a report stating that over 1 billion people have viewed these courses.
- Moreover, according to GSMA, the percentage of mobile internet users in the Asia-Pacific region increased from 45 percent in 2018 to 49 percent in 2022. In comparison, 79% of people in Greater China used mobile internet in 2022. Such significant growth in mobile internet penetration in the region would substantially influence the mobile learning industry in the coming years, contributing to the considerable regional growth in the market.
Mobile Learning Industry Overview
The mobile learning market is competitive and is dominated by a few major players like Upside Learning, NetDimensions Limited, SAP AG, Promethean World Ltd, and Skillsoft. These major players with a prominent share of the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability. However, with technological advancements and product innovations, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
In May 2023, Go1, an Australia-based edtech firm, expanded the reach of its platform by acquiring Blinkist, a mobile learning app, as its second acquisition of the year. Go1 claims the acquisition broadens the company's appeal to a market looking to pick up new skills and keep updated on business and self-improvement content on demand. Learners can access Blinkist content through their corporate learning management system (LMS) and, for the first time, on their mobile device, in CarPlay, irrespective of time and location.
In March 2023, Anthology, a prominent supplier of learning solutions for the whole learner lifecycle, and Navengage, a mobile education technology player, announced a new partnership that will combine Navengage's adaptable student engagement mobile app with Anthology Engage, a dynamic platform for student community engagement. The integrated solution will add even more flexibility by allowing students to use Anthology's student engagement platform from any device.
In November 2022, KnowBe4, a global provider of simulated phishing and security awareness training, announced the launch of the new KnowBe4 Mobile Learner App to allow end users on-the-go access to security awareness and compliance training at no extra cost, enhancing user engagement and strengthening security culture. End users will have all-year-round access to this new program, making it easy to finish their security awareness and compliance training from tablets or smartphones.
Mobile Learning Market Leaders
Promethean World Ltd
NetDimensions Limited (Learning Technologies Group)
Upside Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Mobile Learning Market News
- August 2023: EchoExam, a new SaaS summative assessment platform for education and business, was launched by Echo360, a comprehensive SaaS video platform for learning engagement outcomes in any learning environment. The company expands on and enhances its ExamView testing software with EchoExam, offering administrators and teachers more system compatibility, control, and multi-modal exam delivery options to ensure fair testing conditions for all students.
- March 2023: INSEAD, a prominent business school, announced a mobile application subscription service for individuals seeking lifetime learning opportunities. Using the INSEAD Learning Hub platform, users can explore the school's global community and access content created by teachers and alumni.
- November 2022: In the UK, North America, France, and Belgium, 100 higher and further education institutions will now have access to virtual reality technology and software thanks to innovative cooperation launched today by Bodyswaps and Meta Immersive Learning.
- September 2022: The South Carolina-based modernized e-learning business Skilldora announced a partnership with the Israel-based Creative Reality company D-ID to offer courses entirely taught by AI instructors.
Mobile Learning Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Market Definition and Scope
1.2 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Stakeholder Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rapid Adoption for Digital Learning Solutions in Corporate Sector to boost overall work Efficinecy and Productivity to drive the market
5.1.2 Growing Concept of BYOD
5.1.3 Increasing Penetration of Mobile Device such as Smartphone, Tablet and Laptops
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Increasing Initial Investment in Technology Infrastructure
5.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.2 Interactive Assessment
6.1.3 Mobile and Video-Based Courseware
6.1.4 Other Softwares
6.2.1 In-Class Learning
6.2.2 Corporate Learning
6.2.3 Simulation-Based Learning
6.2.4 Online-on-the Job Training
6.2.5 Independent Learning
6.3 End User
6.3.1 Academic Learning
6.3.2 Corporate Learning
6.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Promethean World Ltd
7.1.2 NetDimensions Limited (Learning Technologies Group)
7.1.3 Upside Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
7.1.4 SAP SE
7.1.6 Citrix Systems Inc.
7.1.7 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.8 Dell Inc.
7.1.9 IBM Corporation
7.1.10 AT&T Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Mobile Learning Market Research FAQs
How big is the Mobile Learning Market?
The Mobile Learning Market size is expected to reach USD 76.08 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 24.78% to reach USD 230.12 billion by 2029.
What is the current Mobile Learning Market size?
In 2024, the Mobile Learning Market size is expected to reach USD 76.08 billion.
Who are the key players in Mobile Learning Market?
Promethean World Ltd, NetDimensions Limited (Learning Technologies Group), Upside Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Skillsoft and SAP SE are the major companies operating in the Mobile Learning Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Mobile Learning Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Mobile Learning Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Mobile Learning Market.
What years does this Mobile Learning Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Mobile Learning Market size was estimated at USD 57.23 billion. The report covers the Mobile Learning Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Mobile Learning Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Mobile Learning Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Mobile Learning market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Mobile Learning analysis includes a market forecast outlook for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.