The Middle East and Africa is a region which is plagued by many problems. One of the most basic problems is clean drinking water. Although Africa is covered by water, the region has an acute problem of providing its population with clean water to drink.
Water covers 71% of our planet’s surface. The majority of the water, around 96% is saline water and the rest is fresh water. The population density in these regions is also high. Africa has the vast Sahara desert and this huge area that it encompasses, poses problems for the population because the precipitation and the rainfall are very less. More than fourteen countries in the African continent face acute water scarcity and the list will grow in the years to come. According to the U.N. Development Program, which states that by 2025 almost one in two Africans will be living in water scarcity or water stress.
Water automation and instrumentation is the key to helping these countries cope with the water problems. Waste water treatments plants are already setup in countries like Algeria, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ghana, etc. Cairo has the Gabal El Asfar Wastewater Treatment Plant which is one of the big plants in the world. This plant apart from purifying water also produces power from biogas.
In the Middle East region, there are many desalination plants. The region is home to the biggest desalination plants in the world like the Jebel Ali Desalination Plant in the United Arab Emirates and the Ras-al-Khair Desalination Plant in Saudi Arabia. Israel is home to the largest reverse osmosis plant in the world. These advancements in water automation and instrumentation will help the general population and will get water for drinking that will help the market to increase over the period 2016 - 2021.
The main restraint of this market which will inhibit the growth is the shortage of skilled personnel. This will seriously hamper the companies that are building cutting edge technology for this market. With companies expanding their operations in different regions, they will get the best workforce to implement the technology which will help create a skilled workforce in different regions of the world.
Major companies in the market like ABB, Siemens, Schneider Electric, GE, Rockwell Automation, Emerson, etc. are pushing for more applications of the water automation and instrumentation devices. These companies have been studied and their strategies have been analyzed in the report. The report is divided by geography where the market share of each region is analyzed and estimates are provided for the period 2016 - 2021. The various applications of water automation and instrumentation devices have been discussed in detail in addition to a comprehensive overview of the market.
- Increasing demand for housing and infrastructure
- Water scarcity is pushing adoption of water automation and instrumentation technologies
- Shortage of skilled personnel
- Lack of opportunity in developed markets
What the Report Offers
- 1. Market definition for the Middle East and Africa water automation and instrumentation market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
- 2. Market analysis for the Middle East and Africa water automation and instrumentation devices, with region and country-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- 3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market in the Middle East and Africa.
- 4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of the market.
- 5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the water automation and instrumentation market in the Middle East and Africa.
- 6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5 Industry Policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for Housing and Infrastructure
4.2.2 Water Scarcity is Pushing Adoption of Water Automation and Instrumentation Technologies
4.3.1 Shortage of Skilled Personnel
4.3.2 Lack of Opportunity in Developed Markets
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Water Automation Technologies
5.3 Water Instrumentation Technologies
5.4 Ongoing developments
5.5 Applications of Water Automation and Instrumentation
6. Middle East and Africa Water Automation and Instrumentation Market by End-User Industry
6.1.2 Market Size and Forecast
6.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
6.3.2 Market Size and Forecast
6.4 Food and Beverages
6.4.2 Market Size and Forecast
6.5.2 Market Size and Forecast
6.6.2 Market Size and Forecast
6.7.2 Market Size and Forecast
7. Middle East and Africa Water Automation and Instrumentation Market by Country
7.1 Middle East and Africa
7.1.1 Saudi Arabia
7.1.2 United Arab Emirates
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1.2 Major Products and Services
8.1.4 Recent Developments
8.2.2 Major Products and Services
8.2.4 Recent Developments
8.3 Schneider Electric
8.3.2 Major Products and Services
8.3.4 Recent Developments
8.4.2 Major Products and Services
8.4.4 Recent Developments
8.5 Rockwell Automation
8.5.2 Major Products and Services
8.5.4 Recent Developments
8.6.2 Major Products and Services
8.6.4 Recent Developments
8.7.2 Major Products and Services
8.7.4 Recent Developments
8.8 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
8.8.2 Major Products and Services
8.8.4 Recent Developments
8.9 Endress + Hauser
8.9.2 Major Products and Services
8.9.4 Recent Developments
8.10 CH2M Hill
8.10.2 Major Products and Services
8.10.4 Recent Developments
8.11 Eurotek India
8.11.2 Major Products and Services
8.11.4 Recent Developments
8.12 Phoenix Contact
8.12.2 Major Products and Services
8.12.4 Recent Developments
8.13 Nalco Company
8.13.2 Major Products and Services
8.13.4 Recent Developments
8.14 MJK Automation
8.14.2 Major Products and Services
8.14.4 Recent Developments
8.15 Blue Water Automation
8.15.2 Major Products and Services
8.15.4 Recent Developments
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Role of Business Accelerators
9.3 Investment Outlook
10. Future of Middle East and Africa Water Automation and Instrumentation Market