Menstrual Cup Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Menstrual Cup Market Analysis
The menstrual cup market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period.
- COVID-19 impacted the growth of the menstrual cup market. The lockdown measures taken by the government to avoid the spread of coronavirus have disrupted the supply of menstruation products, especially in isolated locations, which has impacted the market growth. For instance, according to a cross-sectional survey (conducted in 2021) published in Frontiers in Reproductive Health, in November 2022, about 30% of the female in the United States reported that the COVID-19 pandemic made it harder to get period products, and 18% missed work because there weren't enough period products available.
- Thus, the unavailability of menstrual products has impacted the growth of the market during the pandemic. However, the shortages and high prices of menstrual products have increased the demand for alternative menstrual care brands and product options such as menstrual cups. This has increased the adoption of reusable menstrual cups among the population. Thus the studied market is expected to grow over the forecast.
- The growing government initiatives in raising awareness regarding menstruation, menstrual hygiene, and menstrual cups are expected to increase the adoption of menstrual cups among the female population. This is anticipated to fuel market growth. For instance, in April 2022, the Rajkot district panchayat, India, in collaboration with Lal Sakhi, an NGO working to improve women's health, launched a first-of-its-kind pilot project to provide menstrual cups to women in the district to improve menstrual hygiene. As a part of the pilot project, district development officer (DDO) Dev Chaudhary has allotted USD 0.12 million (INR 1.20 lakh) from DDO's discretionary fund to the village-level organization (VO) of five self-help groups (SHGs) in Nagalpar village, and Lal Sakhi will provide the initial batch of around 200 menstrual cups at subsidized rates to the Nagalpar VO and train 100 women from the town to use the cups.
- Furthermore, the benefits offered by menstrual cups, such as less vaginal irritation, longer wear time, fewer leaks, and cheaper tampons and pads, are also expected to increase the adoption of these products over others with the increasing availability and awareness about the menstrual products. This is anticipated to fuel the market growth over the forecast period.
- For instance, a report published by Life Cycle Initiative in November 2021 stated that reusable menstrual products have a reduced environmental impact than single-use menstrual products, and women use more than 11,000 disposable menstrual products during their lives (based on an average of 38 years of menstruation, using 22 items of sanitary goods every cycle, 13 cycles per year), which results in tons of waste being produced each year. Thus, such initiatives to promote the development and acceptance of eco-friendly products are expected to fuel the demand for menstrual cups over the forecast period, hence fuelling market growth.
- Moreover, the rising product launches are expected to increase product availability, thereby propelling market growth. For instance, in June 2022, Laiqa launched Period Cup, a reusable menstrual cup in India. This launch assists the company in expanding its range toward more sustainable products. Also, in June 2021, Flex Co. launched its newest product innovation, Softcup, at United States retailers, including CVS and Amazon.
- Therefore, owing to the factors such as rising product launches and growing awareness regarding menstrual health, the studied market is expected to grow over the forecast period. However, the availability of affordable and sustainable alternative menstrual products will likely impede the growth of menstrual cups over the forecast period.
Menstrual Cup Market Trends
Reusable Menstrual Cup Segment Expects to Register a Significant CAGR Over the Forecast Period
- The reusable segment is expected to witness significant growth in the menstrual cup market over the forecast period owing to the factors such as rising awareness regarding health hygiene, increasing product launches as well as reducing plastic waste, and supporting sustainable development.
- The reusable menstrual cups are small, flexible cups that are inserted into the vagina for the collection of menstrual fluid. It comes in 3 different sizes, Mini, Size 1, and Size 2. Mini reusable cups are ideal for first-time users or light to medium flow, size 1 cups are ideal for medium flow, and size 2 are suitable for post-birth or heavy flow. Additionally, these are durable and can last six to 10 years with proper care, hence generating less solid waste.
- The growing initiatives to spread awareness regarding the use of menstrual cups among the population increase the demand for reusable menstrual cups, which is expected to boost segment growth. For instance, in July 2022, the Indigenous Services Minister Patty Hajdu, in partnership with the Council of Yukon First Nations, distributed various menstrual products, including pads, tampons, and menstrual cups, to Yukon First Nation communities and NGOs.
- The rising company activities in launching reusable products are also contributing to market growth. For instance, in June 2022, Paree launched Paree Prima Reusable Menstrual Cup in India. This launch assists the company in expanding its feminine hygiene vertical.
- Moreover, in March 2021, Essity launched Libresse V-Cup, a reusable menstrual cup made from 100% soft medical-grade silicone, to expand its range toward more sustainable products of feminine hygiene in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden. Therefore, the studied segment is expected to grow over the forecast period due to factors such as the growing organization initiatives and increasing product launches.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to Maintain its Dominance Over the Forecast Period
- North America is expected to occupy a major share in the menstrual cup market over the forecast period owing to the factors such as the rising adoption of menstrual cups due to greater emphasis on menstruation management, a higher focus on the utilization of eco-friendly products, availability of the products, and government initiatives in the region.
- For instance, in May 2021, Menstrual Hygiene Day, United States Representative Grace Meng introduced the Menstrual Equity for All Act of 2021. Under this Act, equitable access to period supplies would ensure that millions of women could work, learn, and participate in society efficiently. Such initiatives are expected to increase the demand for menstrual cups, which is anticipated to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
- Additionally, the rising women population in the region further raises the demand for menstrual products such as menstrual cups, hence propelling the market growth. For instance, according to 2022 statistics published by Statistics Canada, it has been observed that about 50.9% of women accounted for 50.9% of all Canadians living in private households who were 15 years of age or older in 2021. Also, as per 2022 statistics published by World Bank, about 50.5% of the women population lived in the United States in 2021. Thus, the high female population in the region is anticipated to fuel the market growth over the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the rising company activities and increasing product launches in the region are also contributing to the market growth. For instance, in October 2022, Flex Co. launched Flex Cup and Flex Disc period products in Canada. With this launch, the company expands its manufacturing capabilities to support national retail and e-commerce in Canada. Therefore, owing to the factors such as government initiatives, the high female population, and increasing product launches, the studied market is anticipated to grow over the forecast period.
Menstrual Cup Industry Overview
The menstrual cup market is highly fragmented and consists of several players. Some of the key companies in the market are Diva International Inc., Mooncup Ltd, Me Luna GmbH, Lena Cup LLC, The Flex Company, LYV Life Inc. (Cora), and LELOi AB (Intimina), among others.
Menstrual Cup Market Leaders
Diva International Inc.
Me Luna GmbH
Lena Cup LLC
The Flex Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Menstrual Cup Market News
- January 2023: HLL Lifecare Limited launched three brands of menstrual cups, Thinkal, Velvet, and Cool Cup, in India.
- August 2022: Lemme Be launched Z-Cup, an innovative, affordable, and sustainable menstrual cup. The Z-Cup provides a leakproof period to all menstruators and is suitable for strenuous activities.
Menstrual Cup Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Surge in Demand of Environment-friendly Menstrual Products
4.2.2 Rising Awareness and Focus on Menstrual Health Options
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Availability of Affordable and Sustainable Alternative Menstrual Products
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value - USD million)
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Online Stores
5.2.2 Offline Stores
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East and Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Diva International Inc.
6.1.2 Mooncup Ltd
6.1.3 Me Luna GmbH
6.1.4 Lena Cup LLC
6.1.5 The Flex Company
6.1.6 LYV Life Inc. (Cora)
6.1.7 Blossom Cup
6.1.9 LELOi AB (Intimina)
6.1.10 Lune Group Oy Ltd
6.1.11 Essity AB
6.1.12 Invent Medic
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Menstrual Cup Market Research FAQs
What is the current Menstrual Cup Market size?
The Menstrual Cup Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.70% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Menstrual Cup Market?
Diva International Inc., Mooncup Ltd, Me Luna GmbH, Lena Cup LLC and The Flex Company are the major companies operating in the Menstrual Cup Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Menstrual Cup Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Menstrual Cup Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Menstrual Cup Market.
What years does this Menstrual Cup Market cover?
The report covers the Menstrual Cup Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Menstrual Cup Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Menstrual Cup Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Menstrual Cup market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Menstrual Cup analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.