Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market Analysis
The Managed Services Market is expected to register a CAGR of 2.25% during the forecast period. The growing concern regarding the increasing internal efficiency, digitization, and investment in maintenance operations is one of the primary factors driving the growth of the MRO market (hereafter referred to as the market studied).
- Due to COVID-19, the MRO industry faced a skilled labor shortage exacerbated by the pandemic, though it predates the same. Manufacturing technology's increasing complexity has made repairs more challenging, and fewer technicians can effectively solve maintenance issues. An aging workforce is still being replaced by younger technicians too. OEMs have begun reassessing their MRO supply chain and procurement strategies to account for material delays and a lack of skilled labor.
- As MRO helps in reducing operational expenditure substantially through optimized supply chain management and process efficiency, various end-user companies, such as Armtec, Amey, Planys Technologies, and Dematic, among others, are investing in the market studied. Further, the overall economic and manufacturing growth continues to drive the demand for maintenance and repair in developing and developed economies. The evolution of Industry 4.0 is also helping upgrade the MRO sector.
- The emerging technologies and the need for enhanced competitiveness have transformed the MRO industry by forcing market vendors to provide innovative offerings. For instance, in May this year, Epicor announced an agreement with global analytics and business intelligence provider MicroStrategy Incorporated to deploy the new Epicor Predictive Maintenance Assistant solution via MicroStrategy's Hyper Intelligence technology. It will help users predict upcoming maintenance and repair events, including service providers and consumers.
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Industry Segments
Maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) collectively refers to the equipment, tools, and supplies associated with the daily operations of a business. It doesn't include materials, products, and services directly used in production but rather the products that help maintain the workflow across industries. MRO might include HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) maintenance, facility lighting, janitorial services, CNC (computer numerical control) machinery, drill presses, forklifts, jacks, PPE, powered and manual hand tools, mops, brooms, and even furniture.
Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market is segmented by MRO Type (Industrial, Electrical, Facility, and Others), and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By MRO Type|
|Other MRO Types|
|Middle East and Africa|
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market according to our research experts:
Manufacturing Sector Under Industrial MRO to Occupy Significant Market Share
- The manufacturing industry worldwide is witnessing an increasing demand for MRO services due to the increasing adoption of technologies like Industry 4.0, digitization, and increasing investments in maintenance operations.
- The demand for MRO services in the manufacturing industry is increasing as it helps reduce operational expenses and increase substantially through process efficiency and optimized supply chain management, an increasing number of investments in the manufacturing industry.
- The energy-efficient HVAC systems in the market are expected to rise. HVAC is essential in manufacturing plants to ensure the product's premium quality. It also offers ambient working conditions for its employees, thus boosting overall productivity. Quality is the prime focus for all customers.
- Furthermore, manufacturing and economic growth continue to drive MRO in developed, developing, and emerging economies. The evolution of Industry 4.0 and its adoption has also been a primary factor for the upgrade in the MRO sector.
- According to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Manufacturing output in the United States gained 0.9 percent in March this year; motor vehicles and parts output jumped 7.8 percent, while factory output elsewhere increased by 0.4 percent.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Witness Significant Growth in the Market
- The construction industry remains one of the essential sectors in Australia. For instance, this year, Multiplex announced the completion of AMP Capital's 50-story office called the Quay Quarter Tower in Sydney. The building is equipped with shifting glass volumes stacked upon each other. During the construction process, a 45-year-old building that was initially 45,000 square meters was converted to 89,000 square meters. This indicates the requirement for MRO in the construction sector of Australia.
- Further, Australia has been experiencing a growing demand for manufacturing facility expansions. For instance, in October last year, Softlron announced opening its manufacturing facility in Australia by the end of the current year. The facility is a component-level manufacturing facility that will build clean computer servers for customers who want to eliminate unknown codes in their data centers.
- Urbanization and the increasing need for sustainable buildings are expected to impact the growth in the Asia Pacific building construction market, despite the rising property prices. Green facilities, which include intelligent features to ensure energy efficiency, are expected to attract the highest interest.
- The major countries considered under this region are Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and The Philippines. The growing investment in the manufacturing industry, such as automotive spare parts, semiconductor chip industry, and data center industry, is expected to increase the demand for MRO vendors.
- India is one of the fastest-growing markets for MRO in the APAC region, owing to the significant growth in manufacturing, industrialization, automation, and digitization. With the increasing growth in the manufacturing sector, the requirement for maintenance is growing to keep equipment and process running smoothly, thereby driving the development of the MRO market in the country.
- Moreover, significant players in India are investing hugely in the studied market. For instance, In October this year, Adani Defence Systems & Technologies Ltd. (ADSTL), a subsidiary of Adani Enterprises and the defense manufacturing arm of Adani Group, announced the acquisition of India's oldest MRO companies Air Works which currently has a presence across 27 cities for an enterprise value of Rs 400 crore (USD 48.2 million).
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market Competitor Analysis
The MRO Market comprises several global and regional players vying for attention in a contested market space. Acquisitions, partnerships with industry participants, and new product/service rollouts have been key competitive strategies exhibited by vendors in the market.
- April 2022 - a Japanese beverage company Frucor Suntory announced an investment of USD 400 million to build a beverage manufacturing facility in Queensland. According to the company, the project is expected to create 459 construction and installation jobs. Such investments in the country are driving the requirement for MROs.
- January 2022 - Nordam, a Singapore-based aerospace components manufacturing and repair specialist, and China Airlines established a joint venture to set up MRO in Taiwan. Taiwan's 44,000-square-foot, two-story facility includes a production floor, warehouse, clean room, and paint booths.
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market Top Players
Airgas, Inc. (Air Liquide S.A.)
WESCO International, Inc.
W.W. Grainger, Inc.
Interline Brands, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market Recent Developments
- April 2022 - ProcMart, introduced Store-in-Store solutions for large-scale inventory management in India. The business introduced the model to assist clients in enhancing performance with a proactive approach to MRO asset management. Further, the service aims to enable large-scale companies to improve maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) while beefing-up production/manufacturing, consequently saving time and money. ProcMart's MRO Storeroom Management would include spare parts for machinery, tools, and other equipment for MRO manufacturing. Moreover, it helps businesses optimize inventory levels, reduce inventory costs, efficient team utilization, and maximize space availability.
- March 2022 - Cyient, a global technology solutions company, has partnered with iBASEt to simplify how complex products are built and maintained. The collaboration brings together two best-of-breed partners capable of designing and implementing innovative solutions, purpose-built to withstand the unique challenges discrete manufacturers face.
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Demand for Efficiency in Supply Chain
5.1.2 Increasing Focus on Industry 4.0, Leading to More Manufacturing Facilities
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Spread of COVID-19 to Affect the Supply Chain
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By MRO Type
6.1.1 Industrial MRO
6.1.2 Electrical MRO
6.1.3 Facility MRO
6.1.4 Other MRO Types
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Vendor Market Share
7.2 Mergers and Acquisitions
7.3 Company Profiles
7.3.1 Wurth Group GmbH
7.3.2 Airgas Inc. (Air Liquide SA)
7.3.3 Applied Industrial Technologies Inc.
7.3.4 Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation
7.3.5 Rubix Limited (IPH-Brammer Group)
7.3.6 Motion Industries Inc. (Genuine Parts Company)
7.3.7 ARCO limited
7.3.8 Brammer Buck & Hickman (RUBIX)
7.3.9 Cromwell Group Holdings Ltd
7.3.10 Hayley Group Limited
7.3.11 RS Components
7.3.12 WESCO International Inc.
7.3.13 Sonepar SA
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Maintenance, Repair, & Operations (MRO) Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market market is studied from 2022 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market?
The Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.25% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market?
Airgas, Inc. (Air Liquide S.A.), WESCO International, Inc., Sonepar SA, W.W. Grainger, Inc., Interline Brands, Inc. are the major companies operating in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Market.
Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) report PDF.