The market is estimated to increase from USD XX billion in 2016 to USD XX billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.5%.
Developed countries globally are replacing old transformers to ensure continuous and efficient supply of electricity. This trend is expected to increase during the forecast period. In the coming years, environment-friendly large power transformers are expected to witness significant growth due to their environmental viability and related advanced features. Global environmental considerations take into account the need for low emissions and water conservation for both new and existing power plants and to cater to these needs, companies like Alstom have launched green transformers for environmentally sensitive areas. Likewise, Crompton Greaves Ltd., has developed and installed quiet power transformers for usage in wildlife reserves and other environmentally sensitive regions, to reduce noise pollution.
The demand for large power transformers is driven by the state-run initiatives for the upgrade of outdated power grids with advanced equipment. Furthermore, increasing energy needs combined with technological advancement is a major driver in the Asia-Pacific region. Countries like China, Malaysia, and India offer immense opportunities for the overall market for large power transformers. India and China are expected to have a consistent demand for large power transformers, owing to the rising electrification ratio in these countries.
Factors like rising energy needs and favorable government policies are driving the large power transformers market. On the flip side, though, high investment costs and volatility of raw material prices are hampering the market.
The report comprehensively analyzes the large power transformers market by segmenting it based on power ratings and geography. Key drivers and restraints affecting the growth of this market are also discussed in detail. The study also elucidates on the competitive landscape and key market players.
What the Report Offers
- Market analysis for the global large power transformers market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market overview and identification of key drivers and restraints that influence the studied market.
- Identification of macro and micro factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities globally and regionally.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
- Demand forecast for every segment of the studied market for the projected period.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies and their market share.
- Analysis of the current strategic interests and financial information of the major companies, along with the strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Global Large Power Transformer Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Porter's Five Forces Framework
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
6.5 Competitive Rivalry
7. Global Large Power Transformer Market Analysis, by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
184.108.40.206 Market Overview
220.127.116.11 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
18.104.22.168 Market Overview
22.214.171.124 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.1.3 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 Market Overview
188.8.131.52 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.2 Europe and Eurasia
184.108.40.206 Market Overview
220.127.116.11 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.2.2 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Market Overview
22.214.171.124 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
126.96.36.199 Market Overview
188.8.131.52 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
184.108.40.206 Market Overview
220.127.116.11 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.2.5 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Market Overview
22.214.171.124 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
126.96.36.199 Market Overview
188.8.131.52 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
184.108.40.206 Market Overview
220.127.116.11 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.3.3 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Market Overview
22.214.171.124 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
126.96.36.199 Market Overview
188.8.131.52 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
184.108.40.206 Market Overview
220.127.116.11 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.4 Rest of the World
18.104.22.168 Market Overview
22.214.171.124 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
7.4.2 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Market Overview
188.8.131.52 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
184.108.40.206 Market Overview
220.127.116.11 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022
8. Key Company Profiles
8.1 ABB Ltd.
8.2 Crompton Greaves Ltd.
8.3 General Electric Co
8.4 Hyosung Power & Industrial Systems Performance Group
8.5 Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
8.6 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
8.7 SGB-SMIT International GmbH.
8.8 Siemens AG
8.9 SPX Corporation
8.10 Toshiba Corporation
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
9.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
10.1 Contact Us