Japan Protein Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Largest Share by End User:||Food and Beverages|
|Fastest Growing by End User:||Personal Care and Cosmetics|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Japan Protein Market Analysis
The Japan Protein Market stood at 544.76 million usd in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 1.55% to reach 588.33 million usd in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Source - Plant : Immense availability, functionality, vegan protein source, and low price of soy, wheat, and pea have contributed to the country's leading position of plant proteins.
- Largest Segment by End User - Food and Beverages : F&B is driven mainly by the meat and beverage sectors. The multifunctionalities of plant protein imparted in these products, as well as rising consumers taste for vegan meals.
- Fastest Growing Segment by Source - Plant : Animal proteins with claims such as organic, sustainable, and grass-fed are boosting sales in the segment. Gelatin and collagen are the fastest growing sub-segments.
- Fastest Growing Segment by End User - Personal Care and Cosmetics : Protein-enriched skin, body, and hair care products are on the rise. Players offering protein ingredients with distinct concentration as per the need is boosting the segment.
Japan Protein Industry Segmentation
|By End User|
|Personal Care and Cosmetics|
Japan Protein Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Japan Protein Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By End User : <span style="font-family: 'regular_bold';color:#0e7db3;">Food and Beverages</span>
- Protein ingredients are getting traction in the country with the increase in acceptance for natural, health benefitting concepts in the country. Among Allthe protein formats, proteins sourced from Plant sources highly dominated the market, as these are known to be the naturally sourced protein forms.
- By end-user segments, food and beverages highly dominate the market value with the share of 57.72% by value in 2020 which is followed by Animalfeed segment which owes to the share of 33.2% by value in 2020. The major driving segment among F&b sector includes meat alternative products and dairy alternative products.
- With the rising demand for proteins in the country, food manufacturers are constantly looking for new, high-quality, cost-effective protein ingredients with friendly labels increasing scope for their incorporation in various segments. For this reason, companies are developing innovative products.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Japan Protein Industry Overview
The Japan Protein Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 13.65%. The major players in this market are Archer Daniels Midland Company, Arla Foods AMBA, Darling Ingredients Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc and Lacto Japan Co., Ltd. (sorted alphabetically).
Japan Protein Market Leaders
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Arla Foods AMBA
Darling Ingredients Inc.
DuPont de Nemours Inc
Lacto Japan Co., Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Japan Protein Market News
- July 2021: MILEI GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Morinaga, established in 1972 as a Japan-Germany joint venture, completed and opened its new building for the commercial production of all its offerings.
- May 2021: Darling Ingredients Inc. announced that its Rousselot brand expanded its range of purified, pharmaceutical-grade, modified gelatins with the launch of X-Pure® GelDAT – Gelatin Desaminotyrosine.
- April 2021: ADM opened a new cutting-edge, plant-based innovation lab at its Biopolis research hub in Singapore. The lab develops advanced products as well as customized solutions to meet growing food and beverage demand in the Asia-Pacific region. The ADM Biopolis research hub features a wide range of capabilities, including a food and flavor analytic lab; a beverage and dairy applications lab and pilot plant; a bakery and confectionery lab; a meat and savory lab; a sweet and savory creation lab; sensory evaluation facilities; and a customer innovation center in addition to the new plant-based innovation lab.
Japan Protein Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 End User Market
3.2 Per Capita Animal Protein Consumption
3.3 Per Capita Plant Protein Consumption
3.4 Raw Material/Commodity Production
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.6 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Source
220.127.116.11 Casein and Caseinates
18.104.22.168 Egg Protein
22.214.171.124 Insect Protein
126.96.36.199 Milk Protein
188.8.131.52 Whey Protein
184.108.40.206 Other Animal Protein
220.127.116.11 Algae Protein
18.104.22.168 Hemp Protein
22.214.171.124 Pea Protein
126.96.36.199 Potato Protein
188.8.131.52 Rice Protein
184.108.40.206 Soy Protein
220.127.116.11 Wheat Protein
18.104.22.168 Other Plant Protein
4.2 By End User
4.2.1 Animal Feed
4.2.2 Personal Care and Cosmetics
4.2.3 Food and Beverages
22.214.171.124 Breakfast Cereals
126.96.36.199 Dairy and Dairy Alternative Products
188.8.131.52 Meat/Poultry/Seafood and Meat Alternative Products
184.108.40.206 RTE/RTC Food Products
220.127.116.11 Baby Food and Infant Formula
18.104.22.168 Elderly Nutrition and Medical Nutrition
22.214.171.124 Sport/Performance Nutrition
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
5.3.2 Arla Foods AMBA
5.3.3 Bunge Limited
5.3.4 Cargill, Incorporated
5.3.5 Darling Ingredients Inc.
5.3.6 DuPont de Nemours Inc
5.3.7 Jellice Group
5.3.8 Lacto Japan Co., Ltd.
5.3.9 Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.
5.3.10 Nagata Group Holdings, ltd.
5.3.11 Nitta Gelatin, Inc.
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Proteins CEOs
Japan Protein Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Japan Protein Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Japan Protein Market?
The Japan Protein Market is growing at a CAGR of 1.55% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Japan Protein Market?
Food and Beverages is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Japan Protein Market?
Personal Care and Cosmetics holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Japan Protein Market?
Archer Daniels Midland Company, Arla Foods AMBA, Darling Ingredients Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc, Lacto Japan Co., Ltd. are the major companies operating in Japan Protein Market.
Japan Protein Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Japan Protein market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Japan Protein analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.