Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market Size
|Study Period||2019 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 3.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market Analysis
Italy's metal fabrication equipment market is expected to record a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period.
- Italy is a conventional manufacturing powerhouse with the second-largest manufacturing output in Europe. It got slightly hit by adverse economic and political conditions and a slower adoption trend of the prevailing technological changes.
- The growing world population is driving the use of and demand for energy. The demand for fabrication equipment is expected to increase due to rapid industrialization. However, the high price of raw materials is anticipated to be a significant barrier to the market's expansion. It is projected that new opportunities will be opened up for the producers due to technical improvements and efforts to design customized equipment.
- However, the growth in the industry propels the demand in the metal fabrication equipment market, with growth anticipated in terms of value and volume. The recent trends have been more positive, resulting in high confidence among manufacturers.
- The market for metal manufacturing equipment was adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The supply chain for raw materials across borders has been hampered by the implementation of different rules, such as complete lockdown, social distancing norms, and the ban on imports and exports. Governments have been forced to permit the production of beds, medical equipment, and other products with a limited labor force due to public demand, which has fueled the market's need for metal fabrication tools. However, as things are picking up and governments are removing restrictions on manufacturing facilities, the need for metal fabrication equipment is expected to increase over the next few years.
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Industry Segmentation
Metal fabrication is a process that involves bending, cutting, and assembling metal to create structures. The process of creating metal includes creating machinery and various structures out of various basic materials. The process of fabricating metal also entails building components, machinery, and buildings out of diverse raw materials. The demand for metal fabrication tools is increasing due to a variety of uses, including automotive, job shops, and secondary businesses.
The report includes a complete background analysis of the Italian metal fabrication equipment market, including an assessment of the national accounts, economy, and emerging market trends by segment, significant changes in the market dynamics, and market overview.
The Italian metal fabrication equipment market is segmented into service types (machining and cutting, welding, forming, and other service types) and end-user industries (automotive, aerospace, construction, electrical and electronics, and other end-user industries). The report offers market size and forecasts in value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
|Other Equipment Types|
|Oil and Gas|
|Power and Utilities|
|Other End-user Industries|
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market according to our research experts:
Manufacturing Production is the Key Trend Driving Demand Generation in the Market
The Italian manufacturing sector is critical to its economy, with its strong global brand and reputation. It majorly includes small and medium enterprises with less than 10 employees. Currently, the manufacturing sector is established enough to take advantage of the technological transformations in the industry due to the "Industry 4.0" revolution. It is actively looking to leverage its educated workforce, strategic geographical position in Europe, and reputation for high-quality products.
Italy's most significant industry is manufacturing, making up 88% of all production. Manufacturing is made up of the following major subsectors - metallurgy and fabricated metal products (14% of total production); machinery and equipment (12%); food, alcohol, and tobacco (10%); rubber and plastics products and non-metallic mineral products (9%); textile, clothing, and leather (8%); transport equipment (7%); and other manufacturing, repair, and installation of machinery and equipment (13%).
Italy’s machinery and equipment industry plays a key role in supporting the other manufacturing subsectors, both domestically and globally. It has a high degree of export orientation.
The manufacturing sector is highly fragmented, with SMEs dominating machinery and equipment production. There is a high degree of fragmentation in the supply chains of large companies in the areas of food production equipment, packing equipment, construction equipment, and metallurgical machinery.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Waterjet Cutting Machines Witness Growing Significance, Particularly in Steel Metal Fabrication
Waterjet cutting is widely and most effectively used for sheet metal fabrication, avoiding any physical alteration or mechanical deformation of parts and reducing scraps to optimize the use of raw materials. There are many innovative methods, such as the 5-axe 3D system with touch probe and anti-collision function, which use automatically positioned touch probes to maintain a constant distance from the nozzle automatically, thus, protecting the nozzle during plane cutting, with ± 69° interpolated tilt or with the ITC technology.
Waterjet cutting machines are widely used in sectors like automotive, aerospace, electronics, textile, construction, and mining. These tools are used to cut steel, titanium, and other metals in the auto industry.
Metal gaskets for classic vehicles, disc brakes, clutches, and other racing car parts, as well as delicate fittings and brackets, are all produced using these machines. These machines are utilized in the electronics sector for a wide range of jobs, including designing and cutting circuit boards and producing control panels, generator parts, electrical enclosures, and other associated machinery. The market for waterjet cutting machines is predicted to grow profitably due to various applications.
The Edge 5 Model System is an ideal product for inclined cutting to obtain 45° grooves, with five interpolated axes for controlling taper and 2D ±55° inclined cutting. The touch probe system aids in the accurate positioning of the Z-axis to obtain flawless grooves. The ITC system is also included in the system.
According to Volza's data on Italian exports, 32 Italian exporters shipped 166 waterjets to 33 buyers in Italy. Italy is the world's top waterjet exporter, sending most of its products to the United States, India, and Vietnam. The top three product categories for Italian waterjet exports are Code HSN 84129090: HS: additional parts, Code HSN 40169390: Other HS, and Code 84249023 on HSN: 84249023.
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Industry Overview
The Italian metal fabrication equipment market is fragmented and highly competitive, wherein the manufacturers are increasingly looking to embrace digital technology trends to automate the fabricating processes. Hence, continuous and rigorous innovation is driving the companies to improve their profit margins and sales turnovers across the world.
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market Leaders
Matcor - Matsu Group Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market News
- August 2022: The Italian Sovema Group was acquired by Schuler, a part of the global technology group ANDRITZ, enabling it to become a leading systems supplier of battery cell production solutions for the automobile industry and other markets. In collaboration with Sovema, Schuler will create the tools required to outfit gigafactories for the mass manufacture of lithium-ion batteries, whose widespread availability is crucial for the commercial viability of eco-friendly e-mobility.
- June 2022: Chicago Elite Manufacturing Technologies, a market leader in cutting-edge precision sheet metal components and assemblies, was acquired by CGI Automated Manufacturing, a portfolio company of CORE Industrial Partners, a private equity firm with a focus on manufacturing, industrial technology, and industrial services. Elite is the platform's sixth add-on acquisition since CORE first introduced it in August 2021. The purchase of Elite fits in with the main principles of CGI's investment strategy, which is centered on offering industry-leading clients in rapidly expanding end markets unique and automated precision manufacturing solutions. Elite's exclusive product design service is a good addition to the CGI platform, in particular.
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.5 Industry Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Technological Advancements in the Italian Metal Fabrication Market
4.7 Government Regulations and Key Initiatives in the Italian Metal Fabrication Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.2 Equipment Type
5.2.5 Other Equipment Types
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Oil and Gas
5.3.3 Power and Utilities
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Concentration Overview
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.2 DMG Mori
6.2.3 BTD Manufacturing
6.2.5 Matcor - Matsu Group Inc.
6.2.6 Standard Iron and Wire Works
6.2.8 Bystronic Laser AG*
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market Research FAQs
What is the current Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market size?
The Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market?
Kapco, DMG Mori, BTD Manufacturing, Colfax and Matcor - Matsu Group Inc. are the major companies operating in the Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Market.
Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Italy Metal Fabrication Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.