IT Asset Management Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 1.85 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 2.52 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||6.32 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
IT Asset Management Market Analysis
The IT Asset Management Market size is expected to grow from USD 1.85 billion in 2023 to USD 2.52 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 6.32% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
IT asset management (ITAM) software helps organizations manage and optimize their IT assets and attain higher business efficiencies while significantly saving costs.
- Implementing technologically integrated IT infrastructure across organizations is increasing, proliferating the growth in adopting asset management systems that can help manage operation technologies to gather more critical data and information.
- The fundamental need addressed by ITAM software is tracking and monitoring assets (including hardware and software) throughout their life cycles, even though the number of device types varies by application across enterprises, making it possible for businesses to use and buy assets sensibly. Asset management may become more necessary due to regional investments made to digitalize sectors for economic development, supporting the expansion of the ITAM software industry.
- Cloud technologies are accelerating the deployment of ITAM systems. Most IT asset management software users are served by tech behemoths like IBM and CA Technologies, which deploy their software on- and off-premise. Cloud-only firms like Freshworks Inc., SysAid Technology Ltd., Cherwell Software, etc., also serve the IT asset management market.
- Also, the data analysis and reporting capabilities of the ITAM software are being developed to empower users with custom report-making features that may not be often found in financial tools. Such features are designed to enable organizations to better understand the cost drivers that make IT expensive.
- The proliferation of COVID-19 benefitted the IT asset management market. COVID-19 has posed additional obstacles for businesses. The COVID-19 outbreak has underlined the importance of embracing digital technologies and utilizing the capabilities of software asset management solutions and services to reduce license costs and boost ROI on IT assets.
IT Asset Management Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the IT Asset Management Market according to our research experts:
Cloud Segment to Dominate the Market
- The adoption of cloud services by corporations is an important trend for modern enterprises. Companies are becoming digital firms thanks to the wide availability of cloud services to support various specialized business applications.
- For IT departments, cloud services help to integrate their solutions with the cloud to offer users more advanced and multifunctional tools. The challenge of cloud migration continues to make organizations hesitate regarding its adoption.
- Deploying asset management in the cloud help companies reduce cost and improve operational efficiency. Also, with the introduction of SaaS applications, options for reducing the total cost of ownership have dramatically increased. Cloud enables shorter implementation schedules, the shift from CAPEX to OPEX, and decentralized control.
- Various companies are providing cloud-based ITAM solutions as part of ITSM platforms and solutions to enhance their market presence significantly. For instance, BMC Software Inc. delivers modern, intelligent ITSM solutions that are fast, accurate, and cost-effective, which help to operate in the cloud or a hybrid model.
- BMC multi-cloud management solutions aid in optimizing current IT systems while ensuring a secure, cost-effective transition to the cloud. BMC helix multi-cloud service management enables seamless brokering of incidents and changes directly between helix remedy and leading third-party cloud service providers.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe to Witness the Highest Growth
- The European region is home to some of the most important tech hubs in the world, which are significant drivers for modern technology adoption. Cost and compliance concerns in the region have driven many organizations to migrate to the cloud and enable employee mobility.
- Many European countries are investing heavily in digital infrastructures, but private and public initiatives have been launched to fill in the skill gaps and accelerate the rate of cloud adoption. For instance, the governments of Bulgaria, Poland, and Romania are committed to enhancing their digital infrastructures.
- Europe had the highest adoption rate of cloud services. According to Eurostat, cloud computing penetration in Europe has increased by five percentage points (pp) since 2020. In the last year, 41% of EU businesses utilized cloud computing, which is more than double the rate used five years ago. Most companies that operate cloud computing services for emailing and file storing are in this category.
- Many ITAM solution providers are enlarging their geographic reach to increase their market share and solidify their market presence. For instance, Serviceaide, a global supplier of intelligent IT and corporate service management solutions based in California, bought SunView Software GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany, in August 2021.
- The region's numerous end-user industries are incorporating ITAM solutions into their ITSM systems. For instance, Helsana is one of Switzerland's most significant health and accident insurers. The insurer used BMC Helix Digital Workplace, a consumer-style application that automates the filing of service requests, in collaboration with BMC's partner ITConcepts. The BMC remedy service management system also tracks and manages requests and approvals. 60% of all recommendations were made through the app within six months of its launch, cutting down on service desk calls by 20% and enabling the employees to handle an increasing workload.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
IT Asset Management Industry Overview
The market for IT asset management is fragmented, with many new players entering the market. This is because every industry is embracing its control and administration of IT assets to another vendor due to a lack of time and resources in one's own company.
- November 2022 - Microsoft Corp announced the Microsoft supply chain platform, which helps organizations maximize their supply chain data estate investment with an open approach, bringing the best of Microsoft AI, collaboration, low-code, security, and SaaS applications in a composable platform.
IT Asset Management Market Leaders
BMC Software Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
IT Asset Management Market News
- March 2022 - Aptean, one of the global providers of mission-critical enterprise software solutions, introduced Aptean EAM, a cloud-based enterprise asset management (EAM) solution for manufacturing and other businesses that depend on advanced equipment to maintain output. The new solution offers comprehensive EAM capabilities or can be utilized as a standalone computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- January 2022 - MEGA International, a global software firm recognized as a leader in enterprise architecture for 13 consecutive years, partnered with Eracent, a leader in automated Software Asset Management (SAM) and IT Asset Management (ITSM) solutions that help organizations meet the challenges of managing software licenses and computing assets.
IT Asset Management Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.5.1 Market Drivers
126.96.36.199 Expansion of Interconnected IT Infrastructure is Driving the Market Growth
4.5.2 Market Challenges
188.8.131.52 Lack of Skilled Personnel can Pose a Challenge for the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Deployment Type
5.3 By Enterprise Size
5.3.1 Small and Medium
5.4 By End-user Industry
5.4.1 IT and Telecom
5.4.7 Other End-user Industries
5.5 By Geography
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 Latin America
5.5.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Dell Inc.
6.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.3 IBM Corporation
6.1.4 BMC Software Inc.
6.1.5 HP Inc.
6.1.6 ServiceNow Inc.
6.1.7 Oracle Corp.
6.1.8 Flexera Software LLC
6.1.9 Ivanti (formely LANDESK)
6.1.10 Aspera Technologies Inc.
6.1.11 Cherwell Software LLC
6.1.12 Snow Software AB
6.1.13 Broadcom (CA Technology Inc., Symantec Corporation)
6.1.14 Freshworks Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
IT Asset Management Market Research FAQs
How big is the IT Asset Management Market?
The IT Asset Management Market size is expected to reach USD 1.85 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 6.32% to reach USD 2.52 billion by 2028.
What is the current IT Asset Management Market size?
In 2023, the IT Asset Management Market size is expected to reach USD 1.85 billion.
Who are the key players in IT Asset Management Market?
Dell Inc., Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, BMC Software Inc. and HP Inc. are the major companies operating in the IT Asset Management Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in IT Asset Management Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2027).
Which region has the biggest share in IT Asset Management Market?
In 2023, the Europe accounts for the largest market share in the IT Asset Management Market.
IT Asset Management Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 IT Asset Management market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. IT Asset Management analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.