Internet Protocol Television Market (IPTV)
The IPTV market was valued at USD 31.95 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.9% during the forecast period (2018 - 2023), to reach USD 98.87 billion by 2023. IPTV finds applications in commercial and residential facilities. The scope of our study is geographically limited to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
The market is going through a paradigm shift from traditional modes of broadcasting like cable or satellite TV towards internet-based streaming and, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) as a system has a major role to play in this transitional phase. Technological developments have led to increasing the number of subscribers for IPTV, and there is a need for HD channels and video on demand. Subscription numbers are also increasing owing to new market expansion. Growing penetration of internet based streaming services is expected to drive the market. Also, companies are adapting lucrative strategies to attract clients, which is also driving the IPTV market. However, growing adoption of OTT solutions such as Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video, and limited bandwidth in regions with low internet penetration can act as a restraint for the market.
Rising Demand for On-Demand Services to Augment the Market
Cable television led the way on VoD at first. It was able to provide the bandwidth for a large-scale service. In past decade, Telcos were impelled to improve their broadband speeds to be able to compete with digital cable and started their own VoD services. The content is broadcasted in real time in a cable or satellite model. However, IPTV can store the programming on servers at transmitting end, allowing users to request the content over the internet at any time, driving the video-on-demand phenomenon. As IPTV services can be accessed from IP enabled TV, mobile phones, PCs and can be easily incorporated into a video on-demand solution, it is expected to increase the demand for on-demand solutions
Asia-Pacific Expected to Witness the Fastest Growth
OTT and IPTV are gaining traction driven by increasing broadband penetration and changing content consumption behaviours in the region. Rapid urbanization in the region coupled with increase in spending power is also expected to play a significant role in the adoption of IPTV in the households. Rising investment in content has led to the creation of new content offering which is beyond Hollywood. Increasingly, India is becoming one of the content hubs, with a wealth of material being created for consumption locally and around the world. Also, the growth of smartphones users in the region since 2010, specifically in China and India, has fuelled the demand for IPTV services in the mobile devices. The advent of network services provider has changed the IPTV scenario in India, with the company providing free IPTV live subscription to its customers. With other companies to follow suit, the demand for mobile based IPTV services is expected to increase.
Key Developments in Internet Protocol Television Market
- April 2018 - Tripleplay developed a new software called Caveman 1.1. It supports the Tripleplay Interactive IPTV Portal for the Samsung HF series Hospitality Smart TV. Also, it facilitates the delivery of digital signage and IPTV to AVNU PF series with BrightSign Built-in and Samsung’s Smart Signage Platform version 5 (Tizen 3).
- October 2017 - Huawei and Dolby Laboratories announced Q22, the world’s first Dolby Vision-enabled set-top box for IPTV.
Internet Protocol Television Market major players include
- Akamai Technologies
- AT&T Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Ericsson AB
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Moftak Solutions
- Tripleplay Services Ltd.
- Verizon, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase Internet Protocol Television Market Report
- Current and future adoption outlook of IPTV in the developed and emerging markets
- Analysing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The interface that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Internet Protocol Television Market Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Internet Protocol Television Market Dynamics
4.1 Internet Protocol Television Market Overview
4.2 Internet Protocol Television Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing prominence of internet based streaming services
4.2.2 Attractive building strategies adapted by IPTV solution providers
4.3 Internet Protocol Television Market Restraints
4.3.1 Limited bandwidth in regions with low internet penetration rates
4.3.2 Growing adoption of Over The Top (OTT) solutions
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Model – Industry Attractiveness
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. Global Internet Protocol Television Market Segmentation
5.1 Internet Protocol Television Market By Model
5.2 Internet Protocol Television Market By Region
5.2.1 North America Internet Protocol Television Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.2 Europe Internet Protocol Television Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.3 Asia Pacific Internet Protocol Television Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.4 Latin America Internet Protocol Television Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa Internet Protocol Television Market Size (2018-2023)
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
6.1 Akamai Technologies
6.2 AT&T Inc.
6.3 Cisco Systems, Inc.
6.4 Ericsson AB
6.5 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
6.6 Moftak Solutions
6.8 Tripleplay Services Ltd.
6.9 Verizon Communications
*List not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future Outlook of Internet Protocol Television Market