India is expected to emerge as the second fastest growing market for gluten-free foods & beverages in Asia-Pacific after China. Dairy/dairy substitutes lead the market in terms of cornering the largest share, which is estimated to be 27% in 2016, with the prospect of also posting the fastest CAGR during 2016 - 2021.
Wheat, barley, rye and their derivatives are found to contain the protein called gluten and individuals sensitive to it exhibit mild symptoms of intolerance such as chronic diarrhea and vomiting. However, there exists a sizeable population that shows typical symptoms of intolerance that is classified as celiac disease. This is an inherited autoimmune disorder in which gluten damages the small intestine, with the only remedy for it being a strict gluten-free diet for life.
The market for gluten-free foods & beverages has undergone a radical change from being considered specialty niche products to becoming mainstream products. Millions of individuals around the world have started consuming gluten-free products, not only because of being diagnosed with celiac disease but also because of a general perception of maintaining better health. A current trend towards free from products consumption has given further impetus to the gluten-free foods & beverages segment.
The market for gluten-free products is highly competitive, with innovation in products being a major strategic approach being adopted by leading players. This trend is likely to continue in the future, as the established set of players seeks to garner increased market share.
What the Report Offers
- A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for gluten-free foods & beverages.
- Type of gluten-free foods & beverages analyzed by beverages, bread products, cookies & snacks, condiments, seasonings & spreads, dairy/dairy substitutes, desserts & ice creams, meats/meat substitutes, pasta & rice, prepared foods and other gluten-free foods & beverages.
- Factors instrumental in changing market scenarios and prospective opportunities.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the India gluten-free foods & beverages market.
- Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- An ideal opportunity for industry consultants, gluten-free food & beverage manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increasing Awareness of Celiac Disease and Gluten - Intolerance Consumers.
3.1.2 Increasing Disposable Incomes
3.1.3 Enhanced Taste of Foods Free From Gluten
3.2.1 Less Awareness on Celiac Disease in the Developing Countries
3.2.2 Nutritional Loss and Weight Gain Issues Associated with Gluten-Free
3.3.1 Rising Demand for Organic and Fresh Foods Segments
3.3.2 Innovation in Products
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitutes
4. Market Segmentation by Type
4.2 Bread Products
4.3 Cookies and Snacks
4.4 Condiments, Seasonings & Spreads
4.5 Dairy/Dairy Substitutes
4.6 Meats/Meat Substitutes
4.7 Other Gluten-Free Products
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Major Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Amy's Kitchen Inc.
6.2 Bob's Red Mill
6.3 Boulder Brands Inc.
6.4 Dr. Schar
6.5 Enjoy Life Natural Brands LLC
6.6 Frontier Soups
6.7 General Mills Inc.
6.8 Genius Foods
6.9 Golden West Specialty Foods
6.10 H.J Heinz Company
6.11 Hain Celestial Group Inc.
6.12 Hero Group AG
6.13 Kelkin Ltd.
6.14 Mrs. Crimbles
6.15 Newburn Bakehouse (Warburtons Bakery)
6.16 Pamela's Products
6.17 Quinoa Corporation
6.18 Raisio PLC
6.19 Wholly Wholesome