Gluten Free Prepared Foods Market
Gluten-free prepared foods form a comparatively small segment of the overall gluten-free foods & beverages market, with a share of about 5%. North America leads the global market for gluten-free prepared foods in terms of size, as well as growth, with the former being estimated at 54% in 2016 and the latter being forecast at a CAGR of about 12.2% between 2018 and 2023.
Wheat, barley, rye and their derivatives are found to contain the protein called gluten and individuals sensitive to it exhibit mild symptoms of intolerance such as chronic diarrhea and vomiting. However, there exists a sizeable population that shows typical symptoms of intolerance that is classified as celiac disease. This is an inherited autoimmune disorder in which gluten damages the small intestine, with the only remedy for it being a strict gluten-free diet for life. For instance, prevalence of this disease in North America has been put at between three and four million, though only 5%-10% of the cases have been currently diagnosed.
The market for gluten-free foods & beverages has undergone a radical change from being considered specialty niche products to becoming mainstream products. Millions of individuals around the world have started consuming gluten free products, not only because of being diagnosed with celiac disease but also because of a general perception of maintaining better health. A current trend towards free from products consumption has given further impetus to the gluten free foods & beverages segment.
The market for gluten-free products is highly competitive, with innovation in products being a major strategic approach being adopted by leading players. This trend is likely to continue in the future, as the established set of players seeks to garner increased market share.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Factors Driving the Gluten-Free Products Market
3.2.1 Greater Incidences of Celiac Disease
3.2.2 Growth in Gluten-Sensitive Consumers
3.2.3 Gluten Free No Longer a Fad
3.2.4 Improved Taste and Nutrition Profiles Appeal to a Larger Audience
3.2.5 Greater Demand for “Free From” Foods and Beverages
3.3 Factors Restraining the Gluten-Free Products Market
3.4 Opportunities for the Gluten-Free Products Market
3.5 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
3.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4. Regional Market Analysis
4.1 North America
4.1.1 United States
4.2.4 United Kingdom
4.2.5 Rest of Europe
4.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.4 South America
4.4.3 Rest of South America
4.5 Rest of World
5. Policies and Regulations
6. Competitor Analysis
6.1 Market Shares of Leading Global Players
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Global Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Amy’s Kitchen, Inc.
7.2 Bob’s Red Mill
7.3 Boulder Brands, Inc.
7.4 Dr. Schär
7.5 Enjoy Life Natural Brands LLC
7.6 Frontier Soups
7.7 General Mills, Inc.
7.8 Genius Foods
7.9 Golden West Specialty Foods
7.10 H.J. Heinz Company
7.11 Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
7.12 Hero Group AG
7.13 Kelkin Ltd.
7.14 Mrs. Crimblesâ€‹