|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global ice hockey equipment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Rising interest and participation rate in ice skating sports like ice hockey, rise in number of waterless ice skating arena, change in rules of goalie protective gear, shorter life cycle of sticks, increasing government initiatives to encourage participation in ice hockey, growth in the number of ice rinks, increasing televised coverage of international ice hockey events, rising adoption of online shopping channels by consumers, are some of the major factors driving the sales of ice hockey equipment globally.
- Most vendors are adopting online retail strategies to reduce costs and increase their margins, which will benefit the market during the forecast period. Thus, manufacturers make sure that every product which they are selling offline must be available online as well. Vendors such as are SHER-WOOD, BAUER Hockey, LLC, FRANKLIN SPORTS INC., WARRIOR SPORTS, and STX have a strong presence in offline retail stores as well as online retail stores.
Scope of the Report
The global ice hockey equipment market offers a range of products including ice hockey skates, ice hockey sticks, and ice hockey protective gear & accessories through offline and online retail stores. The study also covers the global level analysis of the major regions North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East & Africa.
|By Product Type|
|Ice Hockey Protective Gear and Accessories|
|Ice Hockey Skates|
|Ice Hockey Sticks|
|By Distribution Channel|
|Offline Retail Stores|
|Online Retail Stores|
Key Market Trends
Surge in Number of Ice Hockey Tournaments Owing to Increased Participation Rate
North America has been the most active participant of ice hockey since it’s inception as it is widely played in Canada and U.S. on professional, semi-pro and junior levels. National Hockey League American Hockey League (US, Canada), Liga Mexicana Eite (Mexico), Ontario Hockey League (Canada), ECHL (US, Canada), etc. are some of the popular ice hockey tournaments played across the region. This, in turn, has provided an immense opportunity for the hockey equipment manufactures to build their brand equity by providing sponsorships and endorsements to well-known players and clubs, in order to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors. Moreover, an increase in government initiatives in various countries, meant to improve sports participation, is playing a key role in driving the market in the last few years. This, in turn, has significantly increased the popularity of the sport, especially in the youths. For instance, IIHF is engaged in organizing international ice hockey and tournaments across the world. The main functions of the IIHF are to govern, develop and organize hockey throughout the world
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Witness Strong Growth in Ice Hockey Equipment Market
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region in the global Ice Hockey equipment market. China, Australia, Japan, and South Korea are the top contributing countries in the region. Moreover, these countries have started hosting many international level Ice Hockey tournaments, which, in turn, will increase the popularity and demand for ice hockey equipment. Asian Winter Games and the IIHF Ice Hockey Challenge Cup of Asia are some of the popular ice hockey tournaments in the region. Moreover, increasing governing body associations and growth in the construction of ice rinks are some of the major factors making the region a lucrative market for ice hockey equipment. In addition, there’s a rise in women’s participation rate and government initiatives that is likely to boost the demand for the ice hockey equipment in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Key players operating in the global ice hockey equipment are embarking on rapid expansion, both, in terms of production capacity, as well as the manufacturing locations, in order to gain a stronghold amidst robust product demands. The major league companies are increasing their investments in research and development (R&D) and expanding their distribution channels to maintain their position in the market. Sustainable competitive advantage through innovation is high, as companies have witnessed significant sales growth by offering innovative products, coupled with effective marketing and distribution strategies. Owing to this factor key players are differentiating their products in terms of design, quality, weight, and size, in order to gain competitive advantage. For instance, in 2014, CCM Hockey reintroduced its iconic skates with the new cutting-edge ATTACKFRAME technology.
- In August 2020, Hockey Canada and the National Hockey League (NHL) had joined forces as part of a larger group to launch an ice hockey equipment relief programme, which will aim to assist families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In June 2019, Adidas SA had partnered with British start-up Hypetex and Hong Kong based Marque Makers to develop their most powerful hockey stick to date.
- In March 2018, Technical Fibre Products (TFP) announced that its lightweight nonwovens play a key part in enhancing the composite fabrication of the next generation of CCM Hockey sticks. CCM Hockey, which is one of the largest ice hockey equipment manufacturers in the world, supplying high quality sticks, skates and other hockey equipment.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Ice Hockey Protective Gear and Accessories
5.1.2 Ice Hockey Skates
5.1.3 Ice Hockey Sticks
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Offline Retail Stores
5.2.2 Online Retail Stores
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BAUER Hockey, LLC
6.4.2 Sher-Wood Hockey Inc.
6.4.3 Franklin Sports Inc.
6.4.4 New Balance, Inc. (Warrior Sports)
6.4.5 Wm T. Burnett & Co., Inc. (STX)
6.4.7 TOUR HOCKEY
6.4.8 American Athletic Shoe
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Ice Hockey Equipment Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Ice Hockey Equipment Market?
The Ice Hockey Equipment Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.8% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Ice Hockey Equipment Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Ice Hockey Equipment Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Ice Hockey Equipment Market?
BAUER Hockey, LLC, Sher-Wood Hockey Inc., FRANKLIN SPORTS INC, New Balance, Inc. (Warrior Sports), Wm T. Burnett & Co., Inc. (STX) are the major companies operating in Ice Hockey Equipment Market.