|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global hot-melt adhesives market was valued at USD 8,169.72 million in 2021, and it is expected to register a CAGR of 6.02% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak hindered the market's growth in the past year, but it has recovered and is constantly growing.
- The major factors driving the market studied are the increasing demand from diverse end-use industries, the shift from solvent-borne adhesives to hot-melt adhesive, and the growing demand for non-woven products.
- Disadvantages associated with properties and regulatory compliances are the factors that may slow down the market.
- Biodegradable hot-melt adhesives for sustainable packaging are likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
Scope of the Report
Hot-melt adhesive (HMA), also known as hot glue, is a form of thermoplastic adhesive that is commonly sold as solid cylindrical sticks of various diameters designed to be applied using a hot glue gun. The hot-melt Adhesives Market is segmented by Resin Type (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, Styrenic-butadiene Copolymers, Thermoplastic Polyurethane, and Other Resin Types), End-user Industry (Building and Construction, Paper, Board, and Packaging, Woodworking and Joinery, Transportation, Footwear and Leather, Healthcare, Electrical and Electronic Appliances, and Other End-user Industries), and Geography (Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle-East and Africa). The report also covers the market sizes and forecasts for Hot-melt Adhesives Market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (USD million).
|Ethylene Vinyl Acetate|
|Styrenic Block Co-polymers|
|Other Resin Types|
|Building and Construction|
|Paper, Board, and Packaging|
|Woodworking and Joinery|
|Footwear and Leather|
|Electrical and Electronic Appliances|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Soaring Demand from the Paper, Board, and Packaging Industries
- An extremely high proportion of all industrial products are sold in packaging – either due to stability requirements for storage and transport or aesthetic reasons.
- Hot-melt adhesives are mainstream adhesives in the paper, board, and packaging industry. It is most widely used for carton closing, sealing, and pallet stabilization.
- The applications of hot-melt adhesives range from corrugated box construction and lamination of printed sheets to packaging materials for all types of consumer products and large industrial tubes and cores.
- As of April 2021, Americans use more than 90 million short tons of paper and paperboard. North America has the world’s highest per capita consumption of paper of any region, consuming 221 kilograms per capita.
- China, the world’s largest paper manufacturing country, witnessed over 130 million metric tons of processed paper and cardboard production in 2021, per the FAO reports.
- Another contributing factor to the potential demand for hot-melt adhesives in the packaging industry is the traditionally low levels of automation. This has caused many packaging producers to use alternate forms of adhesives.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market with a share of more than 45%. With growing packaging and healthcare industries in countries like China, India, Japan, and South Korea, the consumption of hot-melt adhesives is increasing in the region.
- Moreover, the country witnessed rapid growth in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector in the recent past. The development of the FMCG market was majorly driven by the increased spending on premium and healthier products by middle-class consumers in the country.
- Additionally, India has the fifth-largest packaging industry worldwide, and this industry is growing significantly. The country’s packaging industry is driven by increasing innovation in industries to make their products compact and portable.
- According to the OICA, in 2020, India's total vehicle production was about 3,394,446 vehicles, including passenger, commercial, three-wheeler, two-wheeler, and quadricycles, which declined by about 25% compared to 45,16,017 vehicles produced over the same period last year.
- China has doubled the amount it had been pouring into public hospitals in the last five years to USD 38 billion. It aims to raise the healthcare industry’s value to USD 2.3 trillion by 2030, more than twice its size now.
- With increasing employment in the country, there is an increase in the use of ready-to-eat. In addition, the demand for cosmetic products is also increasing in the country.
- Such aforementioned factors are likely to drive the adhesives and sealants market in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global hot-melt adhesives market is estimated to be fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include (not in any particular order) 3M, Sika AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Arkema Group (Bostik), and H.B. Fuller, among others.
- In Jan 2022, H.B. Fuller announced the acquisition of Apollo, a UK-based manufacturer of liquid adhesives, coatings, and primers for roofing, industrial and construction markets. Apollo will operate within H.B. Fuller’s existing construction adhesives & engineering adhesives business unit.
- In Jul 2021, H.B. Fuller announced a strategic partnership with Covestro, a leading polymer supplier, to deliver an adhesive with a reduced climate impact for woodworking, composites, textiles, and automotive industries.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Many End-use Industries
4.1.2 Shift from Solvent-borne Adhesives to Hot-melt Adhesives
4.1.3 Growing Demand in Non-woven Products
4.2.1 Disadvantageous Properties of Hot-melt Adhesives and Regulatory Compliances
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Resin Type
5.1.1 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
5.1.2 Styrenic Block Co-polymers
5.1.3 Thermoplastic Polyurethane
5.1.4 Other Resin Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Building and Construction
5.2.2 Paper, Board, and Packaging
5.2.3 Woodworking and Joinery
5.2.5 Footwear and Leather
5.2.7 Electrical and Electronic Appliances
5.2.8 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Alfa International Corporation
6.4.3 Arkema Group
6.4.4 Ashland Global Holdings Inc.
6.4.5 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.6 Beardow & Adams (adhesives) Limited
6.4.7 Delo Industrial Adhesives
6.4.10 Franklin International
6.4.11 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.12 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.13 Hexcel Corporation
6.4.14 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.15 Jowat SE
6.4.17 Master Bond Inc.
6.4.18 Paramelt BV
6.4.19 Pidilite Industries Ltd
6.4.20 Sika AG
6.4.21 The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Biodegradable Hot-melt Adhesives For Sustainable Packaging
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Hot-melt Adhesives Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Hot-melt Adhesives Market?
The Hot-melt Adhesives Market is growing at a CAGR of >6.02% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Hot-melt Adhesives Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Hot-melt Adhesives Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Hot-melt Adhesives Market?
3M, Sika AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Arkema Group (Bostik SA), H.B. Fuller are the major companies operating in Hot-melt Adhesives Market.