|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global High Purity Quartz Market is projected to register a CAGR over 5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak in the first half of 2020, the semiconductor industry was significantly affected. This, in turn, has unfavorably impacted the consumption of high purity quartz. However, semiconductor companies across the globe are focusing on the implications of some near-term actions in response to COVID-19 such as ensuring that vendors and supply chain partners have business continuity plans in place and maintaining cyber vigilance. The market is projected to grow steadily as semiconductor production observed growth in 2021.
- Over the short term, growing demand for high purity quartz in the manufacturing of semiconductor ICs, coupled with increasing adoption of HPQ in solar industry across the globe are some of the driving factors which are stimulating the market demand.
- However, fluctuating prices of raw materials for high purity quartz is major factor hindering growth of the target market.
- Nevertheless, growing preferences for high purity quartz in the manufacturing of Si metal and growth of the solar energy sector are likely to create lucrative growth opportunities for the global market over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to massive investment in the solar plants in China, India, and Japan.
Scope of the Report
High purity quartz contains less than 50μg g−1 of impurities or a grade of >99.997% silicon dioxide (SiO2). It includes especially structurally bound trace elements in the quartz lattice, along with the micro mineral inclusions and entrapped liquid. It is a material with superior mechanical, optical, and thermal properties, which make it indispensable in the production of a wide range of high-tech products. High purity quartz finds the applications in solar panels, silicon metal, semiconductors, and high-tech glass. High purity quartz market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. By application, the market is segmented into semiconductor, solar, lighting, telecom and optics, microelectronics, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the high purity quartz market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based value (USD Million).
|Telecom and Optics|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Semiconductor Industry
- Semiconductor application segment dominated the high purity quartz market in 2021 and accounted for major share of the market.
- High purity quartz is used within the semiconductor industry in the manufacturing of crucibles and quartz glass products such as tubes, rods, and windows, due to its superior properties such as high silicon content and excellent purity.
- High purity quartz is primarily used in the manufacturing of silicon metal, which is a base material in the production of semiconductor wafers.
- Silicon acts as an insulator at low temperature and smooth conductor of electricity at high temperature, owing to which it is used in the production of various semiconductor products such as integrated circuit boards, transistors, and microchips etc. Hence, growing demand for new-generation wafers from the semiconductor industry is anticipated to enhance HPQ consumption rate.
- Additionally, substantial demand for semiconductor ICs, owing to increasing penetration of the internet of things (IoT) especially in the emerging economies, is a key factor driving the demand for high purity quartz.
- For instance, according to the data published by International Data Corporation (IDC), by 2025, data collected from IoT devices is expected to be 73 ZB (zettabytes). Most of data may obtain from security and video surveillance, industrial IoT applications and 75% of 56 B connected devices worldwide are anticipated to be connected to an IoT platform.
- Moreover, growing semiconductor industry is expected to create huge demand for HPQ and thereby boost growth of the target market over the forecast period.
- For instance, as per the stats released by Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), the global semiconductor industry sales were USD 52.5 billion in February 2022, an increase of 26.2% over February 2021 total of USD 39.6 billion.
- Therefore, considering the aforementioned factors, the demand for high purity quartz is expected to rise in the semiconductor application segment significantly in near future.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the worldwide market in 2021, with the significant market share in terms of revenue, and is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- Growing installations of solar PV, along with high adoption of high purity quartz from various end use industries across the Asian countries including India, China, and Japan is primary factor driving growth of the target industry in Asia Pacific.
- Increasing penetration of the internet of things, growing demand for high bandwidth network, and rising optical fibers and telecommunication industry are among major factors expected to fuel growth of the Asia Pacifica high purity quartz industry in next few years.
- Additionally, the region is anticipated to dominate the target market over the forecast period as the China is the hub for semiconductors and electronics and industry. China’s semiconductor industry is continuous to gain momentum and growing at noteworthy CAGR.
- As per the stats released by Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), Chinese semiconductor industry could generate USD 116 billion in annual revenue by 2024, capturing upwards of 17.4% of global market share.
- Moreover, in India rapid industrialization, growing installations of solar plants, increasing government support for the use of solar, and rising adoption of advanced electronics are factors propelling demand for high purity quartz and thereby boosting growth of the market.
- According to Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), in 2021, India achieved 5th global position in solar power deployment by surpassing Italy. Solar power capacity has increased by more than 11 times in the last five years.
- In January 2022, Reliance Industries agreement with Gujarat to invest INR 5.95 lakh crore, mainly in green energy, wherein RIL will invest INR 60,000 crore in setting up manufacturing facilities for solar PV modules, electrolyzers, batteries, and fuel cells.
- Additionally, India set a goal of 450 GW of renewable energy by 2030 in January 2020. The declaration came from the central government, which is already planning on projects of installation of around 100 GW of solar energy by 2022.
- All aforementioned factors are likely to fuel growth of the Asia-Pacific high purity quartz market over the forecast time frame.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The high purity quartz market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market (not in any particular order) include Sibelco, The Quartz Corp., Russian Quartz LLC, Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co., Ltd., and Australian Silica Quartz Group Ltd. among others.
Recent Developments will be Provided in Complete Report.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Semiconductor ICs
4.1.2 Increasing Adoption in Solar Industry
4.2.1 The Fluctuating Prices of Raw Materials
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Telecom and Optics
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 The Quartz Corp.
6.4.3 Russian Quartz LLC
6.4.4 Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co., Ltd.
6.4.5 Australian Silica Quartz Group Ltd
6.4.6 Covia Holdings LLC.
6.4.7 Momentive Technologies
6.4.8 American Elements
6.4.10 ULTRA HPQ
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growth of the Solar Energy Sector
7.2 Emerging Applications of High Purity Quartz
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The High Purity Quartz Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of High Purity Quartz Market?
The High Purity Quartz Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in High Purity Quartz Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in High Purity Quartz Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in High Purity Quartz Market?
Sibelco, The Quartz Corp., Russian Quartz LLC, Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co., Ltd. , Australian Silica Quartz Group Ltd are the major companies operating in High Purity Quartz Market.