|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global wearable inertial sensors market is expected to register a CAGR of 40.01% during the forecast period (2021- 2026). The development of inertial sensors, including gyroscopic sensors, accelerometers, and magnetic sensors, that can be embedded within the body, such as the trunk, leg, arm, etc., to monitor the motion associated with human activities.
- The small size and low cost of production of motion sensors make them a suitable tool for human motions analysis. However, accuracy and data processing of the collected data are important issues for research purposes.
- The technological advancements in the area of microelectronic fabrication have allowed researchers to integrate a complete microsystem on a single chip. The sensor, along with its signal conditioning circuits and digital processing blocks, which manipulate the data, can now be integrated.
- This degree of integration is possible due to the advancements in the miniaturization of integrated circuits. The lowest possible sizes and low power consumption are the prominent factors, which give a competitive edge to the industry players, which, in turn, led to the demand for wearable sensors growth in the market.
- To tackle the impact of COVID-19 in spaces, research is being conducted to demonstrate a real-time 3D millimeter accuracy and simultaneous tracking of multiple wearable tags that are successfully visualized in the 3D space. This provides an accurate 3D positioning of around 100-150 mm for monitoring the infection process using wearable inertial sensors and multiple wearable tags.
Scope of the report
The scope of the report is limited segments by product type smartwatches, fitness bands, activity monitors, smart clothing, and sports gear and by end-user industries is limited to healthcare, sports/fitness, consumer electronics, entertainment and media, government, and public utilities. The regions considered in the scope of the report include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa, and Latin America.
|By Product Type|
|By End-user Type|
|Sports and Fitness|
|Entertainment and Media|
|Government and Public Utilities|
Key Market Trends
Healthcare has a Major Market Share
- Wearable sensors are increasingly used in medical applications to facilitate continuous monitoring and tracking of patients and their representatives. For the staff, wearable sensors provide a real-time monitoring facility where doctors and other medical staff could be easily located and contacted as per the requirements improving internal coordination.
- Moreover, it provides a facility to monitor them as well improving the overall productivity of the system. For patients, wearable sensors have even more significant applications, including continuous status monitoring and diagnosis, especially for those in critical condition.
- This enables real-time tracking and measures even minute changes in the condition of the patient. Healthcare verticals are constantly taking measures for rolling out advanced technology with improved designs for constant patient monitoring, which drives the market in the coming years.
- Wearable inertial sensors can also be integrated with other sensor units and be used for the development of wearable sensor platforms. For instance, in March 2021, Shimmer Research announced the launch of Verisense Pulse+ for its Verisense wearable sensor platform. It is designed to offer PPG, GSR, and IMU.
- Integration of such sensors in healthcare is expected to rise, and the industry is experiencing increased adoption of new technology for automation.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Has the Second Highest Share in the Market
- The significant growth in the region is being spurred by the reducing costs of sensors. Consumers' growing consciousness regarding fitness and the easy availability of applications that track and monitor fitness are ahead.
- The expansion of wireless technology has contributed to improving the communication capabilities of sensors considerably. The miniaturization, coupled with the reduction in sensors' power requirement, has enabled their integration into various devices in an aesthetic manner.
- The market is expected to experience high growth in the Western European region due to the increasing aging population. Implementing wearables to monitor and track their well-being creates a significant demand for wearable health sensors.
- Healthcare accounts significantly for the wearable sensors market, particularly in the developed markets, such as the United Kingdom and France. Further, increasing applications of in Defense and Infotainment are expected to enhance the market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The market landscape for wearable inertial sensors is expected to be moderately consolidated. Research is being conducted in many organizations and institutes to improve the application scope of wearable inertial sensors, especially for healthcare applications.
- September 2021: As per published research, IMU-based wearable devices have undergone a swift transition from use in laboratory-based clinical practice to unsupervised, applied settings. Successful use of wearable inertial sensing for assessing mobility, motor performance, and movement disorders in applied settings will also rely on machine learning algorithms to manage the vast amounts of data generated by these sensors to extract information that is both clinically relevant and interpretable by practitioners.
- July 2021: Silicon Sensing launched the latest inertial measurement technology, including the DMU41 silicon MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) inertial measurement unit (IMU) and the compact standalone single-axis CRH03 gyro. The development of such miniature inertial sensors is expected to help develop the wearable inertial sensor market.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing health awareness
4.3.2 Growing demand for wearable fitness monitors
4.3.3 Rapid Technology Advancements
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Security concerns
4.4.2 High cost of the devices
4.5 Technology Snapshot
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Smart Watches
5.1.2 Fitness Bands
5.1.3 Activity Moniters
5.1.4 Smart Clothing
5.1.5 Sports Gear
5.2 By End-user Type
5.2.2 Sports and Fitness
5.2.3 Consumer electronics
5.2.4 Entertainment and Media
5.2.5 Government and Public Utilities
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.3.5 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Texas Instruments Incorporated
6.1.2 Panasonic Corporation
6.1.3 Siemens AG
6.1.4 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.5 ABB Ltd.
6.1.6 Analog Devices, Inc.
6.1.7 General Electric
6.1.8 Kongsberg Gruppen
6.1.9 Emerson Electric Company
6.1.11 Wearable Technologies
6.1.12 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
6.1.13 Maxim Integrated Products
6.1.14 Temp Traq
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Wearable Inertial Sensors Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Wearable Inertial Sensors Market?
The Wearable Inertial Sensors Market is growing at a CAGR of 40.01% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Wearable Inertial Sensors Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Wearable Inertial Sensors Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Wearable Inertial Sensors Market?
Analog Devices, Inc., ABB Ltd., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Panasonic Corporation, STMicroelectronics are the major companies operating in Wearable Inertial Sensors Market.